Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Chilwell

A few years ago were were in the championship. .. yet our u21s were toe to toe with liverpòol utd city chelsea.

From that team we just have chilwell.... i am glad we have him.... but what happened to the rest esp centre fwds... centre backs anf centre mids?

Edited by foxinsocks

He gets sometimes bypassed a bit too easily, but he had a good game today. Very exciting player in my opinion and looking forward for his progress.

Edited by ZeGuy

4 hours ago, sdb said:

He looks the real deal to me. Wonder if Fuchs has a future at CB. I think Chilwell needs to become first choice soon if we're to keep him long term. 

Fuchs at CB against teams with small/medium strikers like Man City wouldn't be such a bad idea. He's more composed on the ball and can pass. 

I wish we'd do a whole game with wing backs. Although Chilwell needs to improve in certain defensive duties - which I have confidence he will - he is very promising going forwards and with Simpson, Benny/Morgan/Huth and Fuch in a back three he could really shine.

On 2017-5-13 at 20:24, foxes21 said:

Very direct when he's got space to run into.

Should still be 2nd choice at LB next season imo, but I can see him getting a lot of minutes off the bench to play LM when we are closing out games and playing on the counter.

he won't get many minutes at all, probably the same as he got this season, at some point you have to make the choice to go with the young player, we should make that choice now with Fuchs around to mentor and back up

16 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Or we send him out on loan next season? 

why are you so terrified of playing young players? imagine if Spurs had said that about Alli, instead they chose to throw him in and he has shone, English football has a pathological fear of playing young players and it will always hold us back

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he won't get many minutes at all, probably the same as he got this season, at some point you have to make the choice to go with the young player, we should make that choice now with Fuchs around to mentor and back up

Exactly this, we should be using Fuchs now as back-up to chilwell not the other way around. If we play Fuchs next season over Chilwell then when Fuchs leaves us we will have a less developed player then if we gave Chilwell first team football and allowed him to take over the spot. Then when Fuchs leaves it won't have as big a impact if you get what im saying. The main issue is you get people jumping on younger players backs after 1 or 2 bad games rather then giving them time to develop into the players they can be when they show their top form. Im sure if you go back through this thread you will find messages of people who congratulate him one game then the next game others are slating him saying he isn't good enough cause he got beat a few times by a top winger.

Should be doing similar with Gray now, if Mahrez is leaving in the summer then it makes no sense to keep playing him over Gray who needs game time to develop and gain confidence. If Mahrez is staying then fair enough keep Mahrez first team, but Gray will need more first team football next season, not just the odd 10 minutes at the end of games which is no where near enough time to have a impact.

If Mahrez does go (Sorry I know this is about Chilwell but feel it is valid for the discussion of bringing players through) then instead of just buying another Rw in the summer we should be giving Gray, Lawrence and Barnes game time instead. I understand people that say we need to replace his ability but surely we should give those already at the club a chance to break into the team and see if they can fill one of his boots at least.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

why are you so terrified of playing young players? imagine if Spurs had said that about Alli, instead they chose to throw him in and he has shone, English football has a pathological fear of playing young players and it will always hold us back

Only because isn't it better for chilwells development to play 30+ games in a season rather than be under study to Fuchs?

30 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Only because isn't it better for chilwells development to play 30+ games in a season rather than be under study to Fuchs?

loan him out and you may as well sell him, you are telling him you absolutely will not replace Fuchs whilst he is here, so much so we need to send you to another team to play, a loan to the championship is useless and a loan to a prem club is just a way to sell him.

The difference between Fuchs and Chilwell isn't all that big so just play him, let him develope and just accept the occasional short term loss for long term gain.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2