Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Chilwell

I love Chilwell...!    Fantatsic young player with a great attitude who I am convinced WILL succeed and become a top player

Only thing that puzzles/concerns me is how such a talented player can be so poor with his weaker foot?!?  

Most/all footballers have a naturally weaker foot but, at the highest level, that is not quite so apparent. However, Chilwell genuinely doesnt appear to be able to kick with his right foot and seems to go to great lengths at times just to avoid doing so.

No cricticm intended as I would love to see him playimng more regularly.   Just wondering if anyone else had noticed same...?!?  

• Like 1

Hopefully this is the end of Fuchs at LB. Puel clearly likes Chilwell but he's not a midfielder, played so much better yesterday that in midfield. He'll make a few mistakes but he's a great investment for us. Chilwell to start.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Said for the past 12 months Fuchs seems to be dropping off. I think Chilwell should be ahead of him now.

My opinion hasn't really changed. I think playing them both at the same time or roughly splitting game time 50/50 would be the right thing to do.

There's no doubt Fuchs' form will only go one way now, but he will still provide experience and stability that Chilwell doesn't yet.

We have a more pressing issue on the right with no apparent competition for an even more limited player.

Chilwell should and will get his chances under Puel. I look forward to see him develop in Puel's style!

Thought Chilwell was decent yesterday, some lovely direct attacking runs, but a little suspect defensively and I would have rather had Fuchs for the last 30 minutes.

Maybe his best position is LWB in a back 5, go on Claude you know you want to:

Chilly, Mags, Morgs, Drags, Sharky

Wilf Vince

Gray Vardy Mahrez

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Correct - signed a new one until 2019 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/428467

I think that's ideal, it's only another 18 months and surely by that time Chilwell will have replaced Fuchs as first choice.

At the moment I'm quite happy to see either play on a horses for courses scenario and it keeps Chilwell on his toes if he's involved but still in and out the team. Puel loves an attacking full back and young players so Chilwell will tick a lot of boxes.

• 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

On Southgate's radar for a place in the World Cup provisional squad, according to this: 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/uncapped-teenagers-jadon-sancho-trent-12514151.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I know he is our own player and usually we see them with blue tinted specs on, but am I missing something with Chilwell? I never really understood the Liverpool links and I certainly see some flaws in his game which I'm not sure if he will ever be able to iron out, to be a top LB at the level we are aiming for.

He's young and I'm sure will develop, but I'd actually prefer we were starting with another LB next season, as I'm yet to be convinced he is good enough yet. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Fantastic. Now put some tackles in, chilly.

Puts in about the same as Fuchs to be fair. More per game than Danny Simpson, Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier etc. For only being 21 I'd say he's well on his way to being a top Premier League full back.

• Like 3

He clearly has a long way to go and obviously such a small sample of games does not give enough of a sample size for the most meaningful stats but I really do wish people would be more patient with our younger players.  The amount of times I have seen words like "useless" and "sh1t" thrown at Chilwell is unbelievable.  Of course he may never become a top, top left back but he certainly MIGHT do and I certainly cannot think of many other better 21 year old fullbacks.

X

• Like 4