Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

Arsenal away next in the prem

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Doubt they'll sell him, but if Oxlade-Chamberlain wants to leave Arsenal - we should make a decent fee for him.

Big talent imo, and the type of player we now need.

Don't think we're the type of club he needs though,

as much as I would love him here

16 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I have to admire the positivity of some  in that they don't seem to realise it's a bloody long time since Mahrez turned it on in the PL - months we are talking about. 3 assists and 2 goals from open play all season (one of which was the cross at West Ham!). 

For me I'd give Gray a run of games instead, to see what he is made of. He incidentally has 1 goal 3 assists in many bit part cameos, which gives him game time that equates roughly to 40% of the time Mahrez has played.

For the record, to all Algerians, if he plays and plays well and doesn't constantly give the ball away I will be pleased for our team and LCFC supporters!

That aside, the appointed referee Jones, is a total 'homer' and has not a backbone in sight in order to do the job properly to give an away team a fair crack of the whip. Remember Liverpool away last season? 

Anything other than a home win would be a massive surprise to me on that basis alone.

Agreed I have defended Marhez after last season heroics but he has been utter shite all season

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Schmeichel

Simpson - Huth - Fuchs

Albrighton - Drinky - Ndidi - Chilwell

Mahrez - Vardy - Gray

I really do like this, its hard not to.

Compare it to the Chelsea team, bar the obvious "durrrhhhhh" and "we're not Chelsea"indiscretions and it does make sense.

It would mean more work than one week though. 

Next season, Shakey may try it, he's definitely the man to be trusted with it. 

On current form, Drinky would need replacing though.

I also like that Slim could easily take up the Costa role in this system. 

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Schmeichel

Simpson - Huth - Fuchs

Albrighton - Drinky - Ndidi - Chilwell

Mahrez - Vardy - Gray

IMO, that doesn't work tactically

assuming chilwell and albrighton are going wider than shown (or we will be crucified down the flanks), gray and mahrez will have to drop into midfield and I don't believe either are well suited to that task

28 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I really do like this, its hard not to.

Compare it to the Chelsea team, bar the obvious "durrrhhhhh" and "we're not Chelsea"indiscretions and it does make sense.

It would mean more work than one week though. 

Next season, Shakey may try it, he's definitely the man to be trusted with it. 

On current form, Drinky would need replacing though.

I also like that Slim could easily take up the Costa role in this system. 

I personally thought he had a very tidy match against Athleti.   Even if you didnt, who exactly would fill his boots?

15 hours ago, biggs said:

Based on form I'd be leaving Mahrez and Shinji out of this one....Mahrez....so much talent yet has failed miserably this season.

Yeah he's not been brilliant, he's been very predictable going forward that defenders have figured he will always go left

altho his performances have been poor I don't think he has been helped enough by his team mates 

a lot of teams this season have doubled up or even tripled up at times on him but we haven't seemed to have taken advantage of the space on the pitch that being doubled up on creates  

We really could do with a point tonight. Just looked at the league table, and if we lose tonight, there may be a danger that Hull/Swansea win at the weekend to lump huge pressure on us to get results. Admittedly I expect us to get another win or two, but if we are under immense pressure to do so, this won't help. 

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Has there been any point in the last 3 seasons where we haven't been? 

I'm not saying for one minute the players can't cope with it.....they've proven they can. But I for one would rather we kept the pressure firmly off. Just for once. 

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Do you know when you get one of those feelings we're gonna get pasted tonight?

I got one of those feelings..

I might even go on Arsenal -1

I think we'll give them a game tonight actually, no CL, had a week off and the players will want to end the season strongly. For some reason I have a feeling Vardy will give them trouble and grab a brace tonight. 

Leicester +2 would be my bet. But I lose all the time lol 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I think we'll give them a game tonight actually, no CL, had a week off and the players will want to end the season strongly. For some reason I have a feeling Vardy will give them trouble and grab a brace tonight. 

Leicester +2 would be my bet. But I lose all the time lol 

Do you mean Leicester to win by two clear goals or start 2 up?

Just now, Col city fan said:

Do you mean Leicester to win by two clear goals or start 2 up?

Start 2 up. I think if we lose I can only see it being by a goal. But what do I know, if I bet on Barca to beat Loughborough Dynamo, Barca would get smashed. 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Start 2 up. I think if we lose I can only see it being by a goal. But what do I know, if I bet on Barca to beat Loughborough Dynamo, Barca would get smashed. 

lol

Sounds like a good bet to me that does matey. I might join you on that one.

I think with Arsenal having suffered 120 minutes against City and with a huge game this weekend against Spurs, we need to throw the sink at them from the start

I'd even play 3 at the back

Kasper

Simmo Huth Fuchs

Albrighton Drinky Ndidi Chilwell

Gray Vardy Mahrez

Archived