Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

Arsenal away next in the prem

We will never get a better chance to win here. They're in turmoil and have Man City in the cup three days prior, with Spurs away at the weekend.

This will be quite a good measure of where we're really at. Win games like this and people will take us seriously next year.

Guest CityFan 06

I think/hope we can get a point for this one. It'd do us well heading into the other games such as West Brom, Watford, Bournemouth etc. 

For me, for us to be fully sure from relegation I think we need two wins, which would bring us to 43pts. However, a point away at Arsenal and win against West Brom might well be enough. We've got enough games to do what's required, anyway. 

If we beat Arsenal, we will be safe from relegation, heading for a mid-table finish and our topsy turvy season will have to be deemed a success.

if we lose (and Swansea and Hull have picked up wins today), the table will be looked at a little more anxiously.

So, all in all, a Massive Game.

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

I dont think Chelsea 70/80's were anyones seasside. They definitely would not have been any city fans second side. Bigger rivalry than florets' and the sheep back then.

Totally disagree, there was a large Leicester fan group who followed Chelsea, because of players like Osgood, Bonneti, Venables,

then Weller...West ham were another. It wasnt just about big successful teams like Arsenal and Manutd, some fans liked the London

Connection, and Playing style of the teams.I myself liked both those teams including Spurs, but loved the then Everton .

Right upto the 80s, kids collected cards and could have a discussion over every team and player.

Like now, love ,hate, respect, grudging respect, ran hand in hand, kncluding through the hooli-days and period.

Actually there is probably more negatives and spite today, than then.

In those days I remember 2 kop leaders, who were always heading the so called  'bovver' on the streets, no names

but if you happen to know them, ask them about their 2nd teams.!!!  Mainly it was the craiq with or against the rival fans,

not neccesarily the team. Though Coventry, Trees, sheep,and  Brum, were as clubs , well.............Hated.

and visa versa.That said some rival fans would still run with each other, against another even more disliked club.

So one had the contradiction of Followed 2nd liked teams, and Pure hated teams.because of the fans..

16 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

If we can't beat them then I'd settle for a draw

I'd love it if we could get 7-9 points from the remaining games

Don't see it but I can dream 

I think 7 is completely achievable- if we perform, we'll beat Watford and Bournemouth at home. The Hawthorns has been a happy hunting ground for us. Our style of play  should be kryptonite for Arsenal and Man City. We'll be bang up for it if we can stop Spurs winning the league.

It's a tough end to the season (imagine how daunting it would be if we still had around 30 points), but I can see us picking up a few unexpected points- hopefully starting at the Emirates! 

In a way I'm glad Spurs made it to the semis so we could have this week off. Enough time for the players to have got over the dissapointment and start looking ahead.

The game's no longer on sky, so could slip under the radar in terms of media scrutiny. And with Arsenal an absolute mess at the moment, I can't remember a more perfect time for us to play them away. We can really make a statement here and guarantee our safety! 

Would like to see Chilwell and Ulloa start

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Totally disagree, there was a large Leicester fan group who followed Chelsea, because of players like Osgood, Bonneti, Venables,

then Weller...West ham were another. It wasnt just about big successful teams like Arsenal and Manutd, some fans liked the London

Connection, and Playing style of the teams.I myself liked both those teams including Spurs, but loved the then Everton .

Right upto the 80s, kids collected cards and could have a discussion over every team and player.

Like now, love ,hate, respect, grudging respect, ran hand in hand, kncluding through the hooli-days and period.

Actually there is probably more negatives and spite today, than then.

In those days I remember 2 kop leaders, who were always heading the so called  'bovver' on the streets, no names

but if you happen to know them, ask them about their 2nd teams.!!!  Mainly it was the craiq with or against the rival fans,

not neccesarily the team. Though Coventry, Trees, sheep,and  Brum, were as clubs , well.............Hated.

and visa versa.That said some rival fans would still run with each other, against another even more disliked club.

So one had the contradiction of Followed 2nd liked teams, and Pure hated teams.because of the fans..

Excellent post, as always.

Seriously though, this one reminds me of Sleaford Mods.

Few more Fuchs and well, you're there!

TIEDUPINFUCHS!

Looking foward to this one. They are more than beatable at the minute however i fear that if they DO decide to turn up, it could be a 3-0 sore bum game.

Watched them against M'boro and M'boro could easily have won if they were capable of actually finishing.

On 19/04/2017 at 01:20, brucey said:

they have a FA cup semi final vs Man City 3 days before this game, and Tottenham away 3 days after. we have a week's break.

our away form is still pretty abysmal, but reckon we can get something. No doubt Shakey will have set them a new target of top half

We need to win as still not totally safe 

Archived