Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

58 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We won't get top 8 with the likes of deeney, James,Lawrence and Fosu mensahlol

Oh right, so we won the league with Huth, Albrighton, Ulloa, Morgan but can't get top 8 by adding these?

Not going to happen but I honestly want an overhaul of the squad, or at least the back 4. 

As far as I'm concerned we will only progress as a club if the players are progressing as individuals. Take the back 4, if you plotted their careers on a graph, they have peaked and now on the decline. How are we to progress of are players are on the decline? 

That's why I can't see why people believe we only need one new CB, we need two. I understand the sentiment after what they achieved for our club last season but we need to move forward. We need to be more shrewd then sentimental. 

Don't mean to single out the back 4 but as a regular reading of the forum it's clear to see that the general consensus is also need for a new number 10. 

So IMO a new back 4 and a new number 10 at the very least is what we should be targeting in the summer.

15 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

And one the best Central midfielders the premier league has ever seen

Drinkwater was just as good as him they just had different roles. I'm sick of people overlooking Drinkwater and his contribution to helping us win the league. Kante wasn't the only fucher who looked world class in our midfield.

Everyone played out there skins mate, we shown what can be achieved without big names.

19 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Drinkwater was just as good as him they just had different roles. I'm sick of people overlooking Drinkwater and his contribution to helping us win the league. Kante wasn't the only fucher who looked world class in our midfield.

Everyone played out there skins mate, we shown what can be achieved without big names.

Drinkwater was incredible last season, as was everyone else. I'm just saying that Kantè has shown he's world class over two seasons now, when the players who were brilliant last season have dropped in performance levels. The system we played made most of our team look world class-ish. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Marcelo Brozović, Inter have said he can leave in the summer and we've been linked with him before. He's a very energetic midfielder, creates and defends just as well. Only 24 too.

Now we're talking! He'd be a quality addition.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Marcelo Brozović, Inter have said he can leave in the summer and we've been linked with him before. He's a very energetic midfielder, creates and defends just as well. Only 24 too.

42 million release clause & Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal etc are interested.

Mourinho was spotted in Milan earlier in the year with his agent.

20 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Taylor is 23 and will be 24 by the time the season is up and running properly.

Bit of a stretch to call him a hot prospect.

I used to play with him a long time ago and played against him when I was 14/15 - he didn't even stick out in that game. I really can't understand how he's made it too such a high level. He was always in that category of 'going to make it' but I played with several better players who unfortunately didn't make it into the league. Sam Byram was so much better. Maybe he really improved between 15-20 and I'm sure he's worked very hard.

My mates who are Leeds fans raved about him last year but say he is their worse defender of the four at the back this season. I don't think he would get close to Chilwell.

10 minutes ago, Watson said:

I used to play with him a long time ago and played against him when I was 14/15 - he didn't even stick out in that game. I really can't understand how he's made it too such a high level. He was always in that category of 'going to make it' but I played with several better players who unfortunately didn't make it into the league. Sam Byram was so much better. Maybe he really improved between 15-20 and I'm sure he's worked very hard.

My mates who are Leeds fans raved about him last year but say he is their worse defender of the four at the back this season. I don't think he would get close to Chilwell.

Sometimes it's who you know.

2 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Now we're talking! He'd be a quality addition.

Very good player, but he's absolutely mental, his gambling habit makes Joey Barton look like a nan playing bridge for a 'cuppa'.

44 minutes ago, Watson said:

Good insight, more snippets welcome?

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

Everton are likely to try sign Tielmans from anderlecht.

Hope we show some real ambition this summer.

Agreed. Tielemans would be a superb signing. 

We need to show some real balls in this window and pay up for the best players.

Archived