Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

Despite the above comment, every time I see him, I think Josh King would so suit our style of play. Add Sigurdsson and Maguire and that would make  for a darned good bit of business this summer, too. 

Troy Deeney (again)

Had a bit of a bust up with the Watford manager and not too happy. Worth going in for him again, or too old? Would be an upgrade on Shinji (I'd be an upgrade on Shinji, tbh) and has the right work ethic... 

...Or do you think we could do better?

New keeper (Zieler replacement)

Pickford/Hart or Hull's Keeper (10-15m)

2x centre backs:

Maguire/Gibson/Sakho/M'Bodji/Pontus Janson/Keane (10-20m each)

1x attacking Right Back:

Trippier/Juanfran/Yedlin/Arias (10-15m)

1x centre mid who's creative:

Adrien Silva/Sigurddson (25m)

1x winger:

Cafu/Bruma (7.5m)

1x striker:

Tammy Abraham (15m)

Total outcost £87.5m - 117.5m

Return from loan & involved with first team:

James

Lawrence

Sell/Release/Send Back/Send on loan:

Zieler (7m)

Wogue (return)

Wasilewski (0m)

King (7.5m)

Kaputska (Loan out with £2m loan fee)

Ulloa (10m)

Barnes (Loan out)

Income £26.5m

7 In & 7 out. Keep our key players & add real strength to depth to our squad. Along with some real quality signings for competition. I generally think if we could get these guys we should be looking at top 7 next season.

Yes your looking at spending around £80-£120 million but if we recoup some of it we're really looking at £60-100million. Which with TV deals the way they are at the moment & the money just made from the champions league surely isn't that much.

If we're serious about staying in contention of Europe every season I think this is the kind of quality we need to target & the kind of amount we have to expect to pay.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

2x centre backs:

1x attacking Right Back:

1x winger:

Cafu/Bruma (7.5m)

1x striker:

Tammy Abraham (15m)

James

Lawrence

Zieler (7m)

Wogue (return)

Wasilewski (0m)

King (7.5m)

Ulloa (10m)

Barnes (Loan out)

Income £26.5m

7 In & 7 out. Keep our key players & add real strength to depth to our squad. Along with some real quality signings for competition. I generally think if we could get these guys we should be looking at top 7 next season.

Yes your looking at spending around £80-£120 million but if we recoup some of it we're really looking at £55-100million. Which with TV deals the way they are at the moment & the money just made from the champions league surely isn't that much.

If we're serious about staying in contention of Europe every season I think this is the kind of quality we need to target & the kind of amount we have to expect to pay.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

2x centre backs:

1x attacking Right Back:

1x winger:

Cafu/Bruma (7.5m)

1x striker:

Tammy Abraham (15m)

James

Lawrence

Zieler (7m)

Wogue (return)

Wasilewski (0m)

King (7.5m)

Ulloa (10m)

Barnes (Loan out)

Income £26.5m

Yes your looking at spending around £80-£120 million but if we recoup some of it we're really looking at £60-100million. Which with TV deals the way they are at the moment & the money just made from the champions league surely isn't that much.

If you think Pickford or hart would come as kaspers back up, you're deluded.

if you think Gibson Sakho or Keane will cost 10-20m, you're deluded. 

If you think Juanfran will leave Atletico, and for between 10 and 15 million, you're deluded. 

If you think Bruma would cost 7.5m, you're deluded. 

If you think we could get more than an empty packet of skittles for Zieler, you're deluded. 

If you think we can 7.5m for king, you're deluded. 

If you would sell all of those but keep Mendy and Musa, then you're quite frankly, a bit silly. 

Sorry it's been a long day

6 hours ago, Lcfcrory said:

If you think Pickford or hart would come as kaspers back up, you're deluded.

if you think Gibson Sakho or Keane will cost 10-20m, you're deluded. 

If you think Juanfran will leave Atletico, and for between 10 and 15 million, you're deluded. 

If you think Bruma would cost 7.5m, you're deluded. 

If you think we could get more than an empty packet of skittles for Zieler, you're deluded. 

If you think we can 7.5m for king, you're deluded. 

If you would sell all of those but keep Mendy and Musa, then you're quite frankly, a bit silly. 

Sorry it's been a long day

Pickford will want to stay in the premier league & might not get any other options.

Liverpool want £18m for Sakho so not so deluded. Unsure on what M'boro would sell Gibson for especially if they're relegated.

Theres talk about Juanfran wanting to play in the premier league & he was just one of four options.

Bruma wouldn't cost much more than £7.5m maybe £10m max. Turkish teams are struggling massively for money these days, n converting that into Euro's doesn't seem so bad.

Zieler is very highly regarded in Germany, so yes I think we could get that for him.

King is a proven premier league & international player so with the market as it is these days, £7.5m is good enough value.

Musa hasn't been utilised in his real position n hasn't really been given a chance. Next season is his chance to prove his worth. 

As for Mendy how can you make a judgement on him when you've hardly seen him play? All the hype was he's Kante's replacement. Given a full pre season, injury free. He might surprise us all.

So to be quite frank, I think it's hardly deluded. Thanks for your opinion though.

I wouldn't be surprised nor disappointed to see us make a net profit this summer.

Schmeichel and Mahrez may have hostile bids. I'd be happy to bring in Pickford and Demarai Gray to replace them and Tom Lawrence to be promoted to the bench.

If we can sell the following I think we will:

Slimani

Ulloa

Musa

Mendy

Benalouane

Zieler

Matty James to come back on the bench and we might buy a centre half (Gibson???) and a young forward to come off the bench a lot (Tammy Abraham???). 

I just hope we don't spend big money on players in their mid to late 20's who sit on the bench like Slimani, Musa and Mendy.

I suppose a lot is going to depend on which way the manager selection goes as we may be looking at a new team of scouts to accompany a new manager, who will have his own ideas of targets.

I'm dreading the thought of protracted transfer talks between our players and other clubs and nothing happening until it's too late to get replacements and we're forced into last minute panic buying. I'm hoping that we can get through a transfer window bringing in no more players that are going to be involved in the African Cup of Nations unless they are replacements for ACON players, we get a freebie year from it next season, and then (if we can keep our squad together) we lose the heart of our team the following year if Nigeria, Ghana and Algeria qualify. I'm kinda hoping that we can get back to the ways of scouting within the more obscure European and lower league clubs for little gems and not go spreading £millions like confetti.  There are also a few decisions to be made regarding Kapustka, James, Barnes, Lawrence, et al

I'd like to think we can attract Pickford or Butland to our ranks although I'd like to think our new Danish lad Iverson will progress to Kaspers level. I'm not sure about signing Silva as I seem to recall reading that his buy out clause was reduced and he had been out with recurring injuries, we don't need any more sick notes given what has transpired with Slimani, Mendy and Wague. As magnificent as Cap'n Morgan has been I think the time has come for use to fill his boots with a younger player of similar qualities Sakho?

Ins: Hart (if Kasper leaves), a backup goalkeeper (probably from the championship), Gibson, Adrien Silva, Bojan, Cafu, Abraham, James and Lawrence back from on loan. 
Outs: Zieler, Musa, Mendy, Hamer, Ulloa, Wasyl, Kaputska. 

Three major signings required this summer:

• Benalouane has played himself into contention at CB so we need another to give four decent options, two of which are contenders to replace Morgan and / or Huth over the next 12 to 18 months,
  • Okazaki, Ulloa and Slimani are all a much of a muchness, capable of decent games but inconsistent. Need a proven striker to improve on these 3 and play alongside Vardy,
  • An attack-minded CM would be good to pressure Drinkwater and cover the injury gap caused by Mendy.

Anyone else would be dependent on existing players leaving, or a decent opportunity arising out of left-field

Archived