Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

Just now, Wookie said:

I'd guess he's probably on £30kish at WBA, so we're gonna have to be throwing £45k+ at him to come here even if he wanted to. Do you want us to be spending that sort of money on Craig Dawson? He's alright but no better than what we have and then factor in the transfer fee, they're not going to let him for anything less than £20m

Also, wouldn't it make sense to get an attacking right back? What's the point in having two defensive right backs..

39 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I'd guess he's probably on £30kish at WBA, so we're gonna have to be throwing £45k+ at him to come here even if he wanted to. Do you want us to be spending that sort of money on Craig Dawson? He's alright but no better than what we have and then factor in the transfer fee, they're not going to let him for anything less than £20m

I wasn't suggesting we sign him, Merely answering your question as to why he'd move. I'd say your salary estimate is about right. But for that type of money I know there's better out there.

Thankfully we've moved to a higher level. 

1 hour ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Samir nasri would add quality and grit

**** the **** off. We could just get clare balding in they look similar and she'd be cheaper.

Personally I wouldn't change a lot, think these last 9 or so games have proven we still have a quality side. 

If we manage to keep hold of key players who you'd consider teams will be interested in (Kasper, Mahrez, Ndidi) we will probably release/sell a few and add in certain areas. 

Hamer, Was, Ulloa with a CM maybe leaving King/James? 

Hopefully we can bring in an exciting young RB, Gibson, Carroll (Swansea), Sigursson or Ramirez. 

30 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Personally I wouldn't change a lot, think these last 9 or so games have proven we still have a quality side. 

If we manage to keep hold of key players who you'd consider teams will be interested in (Kasper, Mahrez, Ndidi) we will probably release/sell a few and add in certain areas. 

Hamer, Was, Ulloa with a CM maybe leaving King/James? 

Hopefully we can bring in an exciting young RB, Gibson, Carroll (Swansea), Sigursson or Ramirez. 

Ramirez and Carroll are not good enough for us. 

I would say Mangala or Delph from Man City. Mangala can do a job and City would offload him for cheap. He's better than many of the Centerbacks on offer and is 26. Also Delph despite his injury record is about the same level if not slightly better than Drinkwater.

5 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

I would say Mangala or Delph from Man City. Mangala can do a job and City would offload him for cheap. He's better than many of the Centerbacks on offer and is 26. Also Delph despite his injury record is about the same level if not slightly better than Drinkwater.

I think Delph would a good signing. Move back to the midlands a team up with Marc A again. Good work ethic. Shame he is a bit injury prone. 

29 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I think Delph would a good signing. Move back to the midlands a team up with Marc A again. Good work ethic. Shame he is a bit injury prone. 

delph could be decent backup for the albrighton role. he played mostly on the wing for man city in pellegrini's 4-4-2, so knows the position.

without a wide player willing to do a lot of defensive work like albrighton, our midfield crumbles.

could be an upgraded version of matt oakley lol. delph or sam clucas would be ideal

14 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Ramirez and Carroll are not good enough for us. 

Nor was the majority of our players before they signed for us and the majority of this season too apparently. 

Id like to see us show some ambition in this window and make a big deal (probably Gibson - will take a lot to get Boro to sell) but don't think we will rock the boat with signings. 

Carroll has huge potential, great movement, distribution and vision (similar to DD) and Ramirez plays a similar role to Shinj who can bring goals and assists. 

If Boro and Swansea go down all players mentioned will be keen to stay in prem and maybe happy to play as part of the squad rather than demanding first team football. 

3 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Nor was the majority of our players before they signed for us and the majority of this season too apparently. 

Id like to see us show some ambition in this window and make a big deal (probably Gibson - will take a lot to get Boro to sell) but don't think we will rock the boat with signings. 

Carroll has huge potential, great movement, distribution and vision (similar to DD) and Ramirez plays a similar role to Shinj who can bring goals and assists. 

If Boro and Swansea go down all players mentioned will be keen to stay in prem and maybe happy to play as part of the squad rather than demanding first team football. 

What's the point in signing players who are not as good as the ones who start? & Ramirez attitude is shocking, good player but don't want him anywhere near my club.

6 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

What's the point in signing players who are not as good as the ones who start? & Ramirez attitude is shocking, good player but don't want him anywhere near my club.

Gray, Amartey, Zieler, Wague, Benny, Kante (CR didn't think was good enough).... I can name a lot of players who we've signed that have either not gone in straight the way due to potential or because they are happy to play a part role and will provide good depth to the squad. If you have a team full of players demanding first team football you will get a very unsettled squad pretty quick. As I said I don't think we will rock the boat with signings and look to build on success from last quarter of the season. 

Ramirez is debatable, same could be said to Ulloa but until you know the full facts it's hard to comment his attitude - for a player to come out publicly and sound so certain a deal was in place we must of done a lot of work our side. (Same with Adrien) 

1 hour ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Yousef Poulsen from RB Leipzig is the closest thing I can think of to a Shinji replacement

Poulsen is the perfect replacement but Leipzig will be in the CL next season so I can't see him leaving.

There's a couple others in the Bundesliga that would be decent Shinji replacements like Vladimir Darida or Yoshinori Muto. Kevin Volland would have been ideal last summer.

Archived