Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Transfer targets advanced stages

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

From the sounds of it he's involved in transfer meetings and surely why would ask him if they didn't have an intention of giving him the job?

They could recruit a manager that's happy for Shakey to stay on as assistant as Ranieri 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

From the sounds of it he's involved in transfer meetings and surely why would ask him if they didn't have an intention of giving him the job?

That's exactly what I thought. let's be honest at this point we can't fault him and his loyalty to the club, he's the man

This sounds exactly what the thread title says, we're close to finalising our targets which is good but is the easy bit getting them to sign as we know from previous transfer windows is the hard bit. 

28 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Let's hope we don't leave it until too late and splash 50m on James McClean

The signs are (and I certainly bloody well hope) the club have learnt a lesson and seem a bit more prepared this year. There's an air about Shakey that reassures me.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

They could recruit a manager that's happy for Shakey to stay on as assistant as Ranieri 

But would Shakey be happy to be an assistant now he knows he can do the job 

Don't want to jinx it but this sounds very positive! One thing I've admired about the club since Vichai came in is that we seem to learn from our mistakes and rarely make them again. Recruitment last year was poor and I'm sure that behind the scenes this was recognised. In January we did a great job with Ndidi, but did a bad job with defenders leading to Wague as a real last minute signing. (Who knows he may yet come good but it stank of desperation). 

We know what we need so get the players in early so they can have a full pre-season. Pay a bit more if necessary if we believe in the player. Many pundits felt Ndidi was on the expensive side at the time but he's turned out to be a bargain. 

26 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

But would Shakey be happy to be an assistant now he knows he can do the job 

Well he's only overseen part of the job as he's not been in charge of a close season and all that it involves so it could be that he can see what's coming up and may not like it.

I don't think any of that will be the case but I don't subscribe to foregone conclusions.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely its just common sense to ask the current manager their opinion? Who else would they ask? I personally wouldn't want recruitment left down to John Rudkin and Top! No offence to top!

It's not likely that they will leave Shakey behind the green door...     :dance:

We need players who can handle the ball. We couldn't break Spurs' press much of the first half. Not saying we need to win the possession battle, but we need players capable of getting the ball on the other side of the field once we have it. Really struggled with that at times this season, not just today. Could use a defender with some touch and two midfielders with some touch, minimum, as we look to lose Mahrez. 

19 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Do we think Rudders will be involved in making signings for the new Belgian mob?

Only if we become a feeder club for them and loan/sell him to them.

We won't interfere as in LCFC won't.

Archived