Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

He isn't lazy (imo)

I think some of you just dont watch the same game as me

he is expected to help out simmo and be the first player to support the front two. 

I have asked before for someone to post the stats so we can actually see how little distance he actually covers in games. He must be the lowest away from the defence and kasper, given all the 'lazy' accusations.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He isn't lazy (imo)

I think some of you just dont watch the same game as me

he is expected to help out simmo and be the first player to support the front two. 

I have asked before for someone to post the stats so we can actually see how little distance he actually covers in games. He must be the lowest away from the defence and kasper, given all the 'lazy' accusations.

your right he probably isnt lazy, his commitment over the last year can certainty be questioned though

3 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Slightly disappointed that he felt the need to publicly announce that we wants to leave.  He could have got his move without doing this.  Loved watching the little man from Algeria playing for little old Leicester.

By announcing it like this he is being as upfront and straight with everybody. He won the league, he stayed for one more year and now he wants to leave. He is not misleading anyone. 

Don't understand why you would be "disappointed" by the way he has announced it?

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

your right he probably isnt lazy, his commitment over the last year can certainty be questioned though

How so ?  Did he ever miss a game through injury ?  Did he ever hide during games ?  On the contrary, most are slagging him because he tried to beat too many and lost the ball too often. 

His languid style makes him an easy target imo. 

Does anyone know where the statement came from ?? Which journo/ broadcaster broke it ??

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

By announcing it like this he is being as upfront and straight with everybody. He won the league, he stayed for one more year and now he wants to leave. He is not misleading anyone. 

Don't understand why you would be "disappointed" by the way he has announced it?

He could have done it internally rather than a public statement

If he really wanted to go with the goodwill of the club he should have kept this private.

He is gambling... the owners are rich and i doubt they will respond well to being pushed into this.   I dont think he has a release clause.

Right now his stock is low.  I dont think there is a uk cl club thst would buy him...even liverpool.  He is sending this message to buyers.... but how much will they pay.

Imo he needs to spend time with helpers to sort his decisionmaking out.  Without this work he will not deliver for us...or for any other club.

Given what he's done i expect him to be with us at start of next season.... if this his so then how will he respond?  Will he try to sort his game out?

Just now, st albans fox said:

How so ?  Did he ever miss a game through injury ?  Did he ever hide during games ?  On the contrary, most are slagging him because he tried to beat too many and lost the ball too often. 

His languid style makes him an easy target imo. 

Does anyone know where the statement came from ?? Which journo/ broadcaster broke it ??

Just starting on the pitch doesn't show he is committed, half hearted performances. Obviously known for 12 months that this would be his last season and probably massively regretted not leaving last year with the team playing so badly to the middle of Feb 

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I'd have preferred him to release his statement after sealing his move.  I'm sure Top would have granted him his move without question by just having a quiet word with him after the season.

Like many have said, our bargaining power has diminished by him publicly announcing it!

Riyad Mahrez has revealed his desire to leave Leicester City this summer but he faces a battle to exit the King Power Stadium with the club reluctant to sell their star winger.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Mahrez said he has told City 'now is the time for him to move on.'

However, City do not want the Algerian's stay at the club to end just yet.

Mahrez has three years remaining on his lucrative contract, signed last August, while his PFA Player of the Year win, his Ballon d'Or nomination, his Champions League experience, as well as his 28 goals and 17 assists registered over the past two seasons make him a considerably valuable asset.

Only an offer in the vicinity of £50million would see City consider parting ways with the 26-year-old, despite his hopes for the club to 'respect his decision'.

Earlier this month, Mahrez expressed his desire to "play in the Champions League every season" and it seems the winger, when he talks of moving on to a "new experience", is referring to a club playing in Europe's top competition.

Mahrez thrived in the Champions League this season, saving his best performances for the tournament, including a season-best display in the last-16 second-leg victory over Sevilla at the King Power Stadium.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Just starting on the pitch doesn't show he is committed, half hearted performances. Obviously known for 12 months that this would be his last season and probably massively regretted not leaving last year with the team playing so badly to the middle of Feb 

It's common knowledge that the club told him he couldn't leave last summer. Not surprising that he didn't show his best form thereafter. He could have done a payet and demanded to leave last august. He didn't. He is human. Form isn't something you can just turn on and off - so many contributory factors.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mahrez straight swap for Begovic, Ake, Abraham and Loftus-Cheek. 

Schmeichel can go for £30 million and we can blow all that on Hakim Ziyech. 

Done.

Begovic has signed for Bournemouth already

Just now, st albans fox said:

It's common knowledge that the club told him he couldn't leave last summer. Not surprising that he didn't show his best form thereafter. He could have done a payet and demanded to leave last august. He didn't. He is human. Form isn't something you can just turn on and off - so many contributory factors.

I'm sure winning the league and finishing Player of the Year with little old Leicester had something to do with it.

He chose to sign a contract extension, wonder how long that was before he told them he wanted to leave.

Good luck to him. One of the most naturally talented players I've had the pleasure to see play for us. Different type of player but I'd say him and Frank Worthington are the two most outrageously gifted footballers I've seen play for Leicester.

He will be a massive loss to us despite what people on here are saying. You just can't replace that type of talent and ability with a 10 million run of the mill player which is what we are likely to end up with as his replacement.

The question now is will this open the flodd gates and more players leaving? I hope he goes abroad I'd hate to see him playing against us.

Archived