Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I thought Shakey had the support of all the players?

If you ever start assuming things like that you're a mug. Players can be like the tide - going one way one day and another way the next. Never assume anything about people. 

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

I tend to agree with that but we seem to have agreed that he can leave for Champions League football and we may be tempted to move him on elsewhere if the right offer comes in. Personally i'd sooner see him go to Monaco for a bit less than to Arsenal but who am I to suggest our owners lose a few million when i wouldn't necessarily do it myself. Actually, yes I would. I'd sooner send the bloke home for the rest of his contract than sell him to Arsenal.   

The problem with Monaco is that they can't offer his wage after winning the league. Now they have to increase everyone's salary. The average wage bill is probably too high already to bring on another high paid players 

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

If you ever start assuming things like that you're a mug. Players can be like the tide - going one way one day and another way the next. Never assume anything about people. 

Ain't that the truth...

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

The problem with Monaco is that they can't offer his wage after winning the league. Now they have to increase everyone's salary. The average wage bill is probably too high already to bring on another high paid players 

There is no way Arsenal will pay anything over 20 - 25 million for him. Especially with Mr tight wenger staying on for 2 years. 

31 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I could see him taking a pay-cut tbh, champions league football will be worth it to him. 

Best technically gifted player to ever wear our shirt (other than GTF, ofcourse) and I definitely don't grudge him his oppertunity to move on.

He gave us another year and he didn't exactly have to do that but in hindsight, would it have been better if he did go last year? We wouldn't exactly have missed his performances this year (although had he not been in the team, we would have blamed our failures on him being sild) and we would have got considerably more for him at the end of our title winning season...

Just a thought but really it doesn't matter. I wish him all the best and im just hoping that Rudkin stumbles across a dusty old lamp with a Genie inside and one ofor his wishes is for better negotiation skills to see Riyad off and his replacement in.

51 minutes ago, Soundman said:

There is no way Arsenal will pay anything over 20 - 25 million for him. Especially with Mr tight wenger staying on for 2 years. 

There's many different deals possible, not one contract is like any other  - with any club, not just Arsenal. Pay £25m up front, with further add-ons as the season progresses.

Guest CityFan 06

For him to progress in his career, it's probably the right time for him to move on. 

Mahrez would do really well at a club like Arsenal, or someone who is possession based. If he's in a side like that, he will prosper because he will be alongside like-minded technical players. 

Some odd stuff in here - riyad will not be leaving here for a pay cut. It's his job. He has his family's (inc extended) future to think about.

so his problem isn't just the fee we require - its his salary package and agent aswell. 

There arent too many clubs o/s of the premier league who could be involved in this. 

I always thought chelsea and I am yet to change my mind.

What if no-one comes in for him? Mahrez will want CL football & high wages. Also clubs have to meet our asking price.

Wishful thinking, but for the reasons above he might have to stay one more season & play the season of his life to attract the big clubs.

I will be sad to see him go, the most technically gifted player I've seen in a Leicester shirt and probably ever will see. That being said for the right price I think it makes sense to move him on now. The right price being between £40 and £50 million in my opinion. The problem being outside of England this really limits the list of buyers.

if we do (and I hope we do as we've said) play hard ball this could well drag on quite a while which isn't ideal for either party. Think I saw third favourite with the bookies is for him to stay. That really wouldn't surprise me either. 

Lots of hard work for the club to do over the summer and deciding the manager position needs resolving asap. 

7 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

What if no-one comes in for him? Mahrez will want CL football & high wages. Also clubs have to meet our asking price.

Wishful thinking, but for the reasons above he might have to stay one more season & play the season of his life to attract the big clubs.

I don't think he wants to leave at all costs, so yeah if a better offer does not come knocking on the door, he would stay.. and maybe win the league with Leicesiter again

2 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I don't think he wants to leave at all costs, so yeah if a better offer does not come knocking by the door, he would stay.. and maybe win the league with Leicesiter again

Setting ridiculous expectations again while a big chunk of the fans want him dropped in favor of Demarai Gray (haven't you heard the persistent sirens during the whole course of last year? some even wanting to deprive him of playing CL games?!). He has got nothing to give here anymore. Let the guy go for the benefit of all parties.

Just now, MattCan said:

Setting ridiculous expectations again while a big chunk of the fans want him dropped in favor of Demarai Gray (haven't you heard the persistent sirens during the whole course of last year? some even wanting to deprive him of playing CL games?!). He has got nothing to give here anymore. Let the guy go for the benefit of all parties.

The fans are not the manager. Fans can feel how they wanna feel, but in the end, we know Mahrez is appreciated by management. He gets starts a game regardless of how he played the game before. 

1 hour ago, Soundman said:

If Ozil and Sanchez really do go, they'll be in desperate need of a playmaker. 

3 minutes ago, Redouane said:

The fans are not the manager. Fans can feel how they wanna feel, but in the end, we know Mahrez is appreciated by management. He gets starts a game regardless of how he played the game before.

Fans have an impact. Dressing room politics are complicated. It's not as simple as your two-line post.

Cheers Riyad for all the memories from the sublime to the ridiculously awesome and some forgettable times, We wish you good fortunes and luck on your next chapter in football !!

all the best lad !!:riyad:

We'll miss using the cow milking GIF !!?

I agree that Premier League teams might be the only ones willing to meet ours/his financial demands. Monaco have changed their model, so if it is France I'd imagine it'd be Marseille or PSG. Marseille (I think) have rich new owners, but can't offer Champions League football. 

Archived