Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

Can't even begin to get my head round all this Belgian League stuff,  but - as a teenager remember being at a Belgian country railway station early in the morning once. One bloke, dressed respectably in office clothes suddenly unzipped himself and pissed on the rails. Nobody else batted an eyelid.

Together with salad cream on chips and Rene Magritte, I thought hmm...my kind of country.

if you cant piss on train tracks, then you dont live in a free country.

On 12/12/2019 at 15:26, Lizhang said:

Just because this is agreed by all teams before going into the season, does not make it a non-argument. It's an opinion, first and foremost. It's also no way to debate, because otherwise you could throw most of our posts in the bin, as  it's all been defined the way it is already, and all teams have agreed to it. Then why bother having a conversation which is always going to be about personal preference.

Sorry but you're mixing up two parts of my statement, probabyl because I'm not native in English.

• By "Non argument" I referred to people saying things like "If you are the best at the end of the season, you should be the champion. Done.". That statement just shows how in your mind you're devaluating the playoffs pre-discussion by not even wanting to take these into account or recognise them as valid matches... while the "season" in fact no longer ends after 30 matches but INCLUDES the playoffs, period! And to be the best you need to first get in the top six and then beat the other top five. 
  • The complaining afterwards refers to the division of points, which has been agreed upon by the clubs beforehand, but every year the team in the lead after the regular season is complaining that it's unfair yadayada. Just agree to remove it beforehand or stop complaining.

Call me old fashioned but i think having play-offs to determine who is the champion, is an artificial (and thus fake) way to produce entertainment, and at a cost. It is getting further and further away of the concept of an honest "sport". Not just the concept of cutting points in half, but the entire league is defined by it. As i explained earlier, the big teams will half-ass their way through the competition until january/february. Imagine you are a small team fighting relegation, and you face these teams at the beginning of the cycle, you have a good shot at getting some points against the top teams (you'll face them in august and december). But if you face these teams at the end of the cycle, this means you will again face them a second time in february/march when they might still be battling to get into PO1 or widen the gap with a rival, and you are very much fcked as a small team fighting relegation. Please remember the last time we got relegated, and out of our last 5 games, we faced 3 top teams in full swing. The fact that it is defined and agreed upon, does not change that. It's plain and simple "competitievervalsing". Too lazy to look up what that would be in proper English, sorry, lol.

And if you need another stone cold argument to ditch PO1, because the rest of the league can not support it. And by support, i don't mean by votes. If PO1 can only exist by having PO2, because all teams must play the same number of games as "defined" by regulations as far as i'm aware, then that in itself is enough to pull the plug.

• Ok so fine with me, let 's keep the points after the regular part of the season.
  • The argument for competitievervalsing revolves around the fact that teams face the competitors at different times throughout the season, which you will also have during a regular league, where teams which have nothing to play for will half-ass (to use your words) their remaining matches. Exact same thing! It's impossible to make any football competition 100% fair (playoffs or not) and there are many factors much more influential in this unfairness, the transfer periods to begin with, as you already mentioned.  
  • PO1 cannot exist without PO2 indeed in that sense that the non-PO1 teams need some competition from March to June as well, but there's no rule stating that all teams need to play the same number of matches, not sure where you got that from. But maybe this is indeed the essence for me of this whole reform discussion, to "not throw away the baby with the bathwater", PO2 is terrrrrible indeed and people complain for a reason... but PO1 and playoffs in general are just fine. That's why for me the arguments to keep those and improve PO2 (as Bulgaria and especially Denmark have proven to be possible) would be the best solution.

I seriously can not remember having stated this, or even having implied it.

Haha no of course you didn't actually say this... I was anticipating you might say/think it and therefore acted as if you did and gave my arguments against it to prevent you from having to make the argument.

The argument that the playoffs are giving the Belgian teams too much advantage in Europe to even label it as "cheating", ha!. Advantage yes, cheating come on :) For once they did something which benefited our level of football, typically Belgium for us to then have the ones against it say it's too good it must be illegal :D Anyway I'll predict this for you, with a regular league the level won't be any better but the smaller teams won't be any better off. 

PS: it is funny to see Filip Joos, fierce supporter of the play-offs, of changing our league to cater to the big clubs... now not realizing he's arguing against what is happening in Europe (Super League) while what is going on there, is essentially the exact same thing as what he is in favor of on a local level. The second part of the article is hilarious, as it is clear he doesn't realize it himself. https://sporza.be/nl/2019/12/12/filip-joos-over-de-g5-in-de-champions-league/

I guess you're implying it's always the same teams in PO1? Not! Only Anderlecht and Club Brugge have succeeded to always be there and it looks like after this season only Club Brugge will still hold that record. Besides the big 5 seven different clubs have taken part in PO1: Kortrijk, Oostende, Sint-Truiden, Charleroi, Antwerp, Zulte-Waregem and Lokeren.

Today again they're posting the BeNeLiga as the answer: https://sporza.be/nl/2019/12/13/dejonge-over-dominantie-g5/. Not sure about your opinion but mine is that i'ld rather go back to a league of 18 or 20 than to play a BeNeLiga.

In summary, I'm still very much convinced playoffs with improved PO2, revised 1B and more relegation/promotion is the optimal solution, but thanks for the discussion.

Edited by Pelotas

Watched the “tweede helft” … first OHL action I’ve been able to take in this season.

Really well taken second goal!  But quickly undone by that right-back #5.  Overall slightly fortunate to get the draw.  Was that your top striker carted off though?!  :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Watched the “tweede helft” … first OHL action I’ve been able to take in this season.

Really well taken second goal!  But quickly undone by that right-back #5.  Overall slightly fortunate to get the draw.  Was that your top striker carted off though?!  :(

Spot on!

Poor preformance from our lads. Even though we went up 0-1 and 1-2, we should be happy with this draw as Roeselare were the better team.

That was indeed our top striker. It looked like a concussion to me.

.. just watched the highlights. 

The body language of our defence and lackluster response to to the opposition attacking our goal. You would have thought that in our position we would be giving everything in order to win the second half of the season. 

We can not afford to be so defeatist when we concede and failing to track back with some kind of purpose instead of going through the motions, should we go up. 

20 hours ago, Pelotas said:
  • The argument for competitievervalsing revolves around the fact that teams face the competitors at different times throughout the season, which you will also have during a regular league, where teams which have nothing to play for will half-ass (to use your words) their remaining matches. Exact same thing! It's impossible to make any football competition 100% fair (playoffs or not) and there are many factors much more influential in this unfairness, the transfer periods to begin with, as you already mentioned.  

The difference being that one is a result of the competition itself, within any competition. The other being introduced as a result of what happens outside the actual competition. You are comparing apples to oranges.

• PO1 cannot exist without PO2 indeed in that sense that the non-PO1 teams need some competition from March to June as well, but there's no rule stating that all teams need to play the same number of matches, not sure where you got that from. But maybe this is indeed the essence for me of this whole reform discussion, to "not throw away the baby with the bathwater", PO2 is terrrrrible indeed and people complain for a reason... but PO1 and playoffs in general are just fine. That's why for me the arguments to keep those and improve PO2 (as Bulgaria and especially Denmark have proven to be possible) would be the best solution.

You are usually more adept at looking up regulations, so i'll leave it to you. But it was my understanding that there were indeed such things preventing them from ditching PO2 alltogether. In any case, it would be a farce, rules or no. That said, i don't know the specifics about Bulgerian or Danish systems. Nevertheless, it bothers me to artificially alter a regular competition, just to cater to the big teams as a result of a skewed situation in Europe. Had UEFA intervened when they should have, there would be no need for any of these artificial tours de force.

Haha no of course you didn't actually say this... I was anticipating you might say/think it and therefore acted as if you did and gave my arguments against it to prevent you from having to make the argument.

Well, since you brought it up, i responded to it. Good to know why you did, but what is your actual thought on my actual post?

The argument that the playoffs are giving the Belgian teams too much advantage in Europe to even label it as "cheating", ha!. Advantage yes, cheating come on :) For once they did something which benefited our level of football, typically Belgium for us to then have the ones against it say it's too good it must be illegal :D Anyway I'll predict this for you, with a regular league the level won't be any better but the smaller teams won't be any better off.

You can beat around the bush all you like. It's an unfair advantage compared to teams from other countries. Whether you call it cheating or "being clever". Stuff like this is why i would like more regulations from Uefa regarding the design of all competitions. And just because i think this is an unfair advantage, doesn't mean i don't think other teams/countries aren't getting an unfair advantage either, in some other way.

I guess you're implying it's always the same teams in PO1? Not! Only Anderlecht and Club Brugge have succeeded to always be there and it looks like after this season only Club Brugge will still hold that record. Besides the big 5 seven different clubs have taken part in PO1: Kortrijk, Oostende, Sint-Truiden, Charleroi, Antwerp, Zulte-Waregem and Lokeren.

Not? lol, of course not. There are 6 spots in POI, and there are only 5 traditional big teams. So obviously, you will always have at least one non-top team, and sometimes one of the G5 teams will miss out as well. It's funny that you bring this up as an argument to prove your point, because any other way would basically prove it needs to be tossed in the bin immediately. Luckily, players and trainers are not machines and sometimes something unforeseen will happen.

Today again they're posting the BeNeLiga as the answer: https://sporza.be/nl/2019/12/13/dejonge-over-dominantie-g5/. Not sure about your opinion but mine is that i'ld rather go back to a league of 18 or 20 than to play a BeNeLiga.

I'm not a fan. But i'm not a fan of the super league either. For the same reason, i'm not a fan of POI either. It's all made so the big teams get what they want. They can get bigger, the small teams get left further behind.

Results and standings after the 5th week of the 2nd period.

Roeselare - OH Leuven    2-2

Virton - Lommel                 3-1

Westerlo - Beerschot         0-1

Union - Lokeren                 1-1

Points    Wins     Losses     Draws     Goals made     Goals conceded     Goal difference

1. Beerschot                11           3             0               2                  8                           2                              +6

2. Union                        8           2             1               2                  6                           3                              +3

3. Roeselare                 8           2             1               2                 12                         10                             +2

4. OH Leuven              7           2             2               1                   8                          10                             -2

5. Lommel                    7           2             2               1                   6                           8                              -2

6. Virton                        6           1             2              3                   6                           6                               0

7. Westerlo                   4           1             3              1                   7                          10                             -3

8. Lokeren                    2            0            3              2                   4                           8                               -4

The winner of the 2nd period will face us in the final. If we also win the 2nd period, we automatically win the league an go up to the 1st division.

Overall standings:

Points    Wins     Losses     Draws     Goals made     Goals conceded     Goal difference

1. OH Leuven           35         11             5              2                 30                         20                          +10

2. Virton                       33         10             6              3                 32                         16                          +16

3. Westerlo                  30          9              7              3                 28                         20                           +8 

4. Union*                     30          7              4              6                 24                         18                           +6

5. Beerschot                28          8              7              4                 21                         21                            0

6. Roeselare               19          5             10             4                  27                         41                          -14

7. Lommel                   18          4              9              6                 15                         27                           -12

8. Lokeren                   15          3             10             6                 17                         31                          -14 

*OH Leuven and Union still have a game in hand.

At the end of the regular season the teams that finished 1st, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th will participate in Playoff 2 with the numbers 7 through 16 of the 1st division. The winner of Playoff 2 will compete with the 4th placed team in Playoff 1 for a place the Europa League 2nd qualifying round.

The 2 bottom teams will face off in a best-of-5 to decide who drops down to the 1st amateur division. 

Next week's fixtures:

Friday

Lommel - Beerschot

Saturday:

Roeselare - Union

OH Leuven - Virton

Sunday:

Lokeren - Westerlo

Edited by Bonanza

16 hours ago, Bonanza said:

At the end of the regular season the teams that finished 1st, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th will participate in Playoff 2 with the numbers 7 through 16 of the 1st division. The winner of Playoff 2 will compete with the 4th placed team in Playoff 1 for a place the Europa League 2nd qualifying round.

The 2 bottom teams will face off in a best-of-5 to decide who drops down to the 1st amateur division. 

Virtual playoff fixtures/groups if this was the end of the season:

• Division 1B Promotional Playoffs: between winner of 1st period (OH Leuven) and winner of 2nd period (Beerschot), OH Leuven to host the return match by virtue of having scored most points combined over both periods. Winner will play in 1A next season, but after the promotional play-offs, both teams take part in play PO2 this season.

• Playoff 2 (Europa League Playoffs): OH Leuven, Virton, Westerlo, Union SG, Beerschot and Roeselare qualify by virtue of finishing top 6 overall (period 1 + period 2). Virtual groups:
    •  group A: Genk, Kortrijk, Waasland-Beveren, Roeselare
    •  group B: Mechelen, Oostende, Cercle Brugge, Beerschot
    •  group C: Excel Mouscron, Eupen, OH Leuven, Union SG
    •  group D: Anderlecht, Sint-Truiden, Virton, Westerlo
    •  4 group winners play home & away semi finals (A vs C & B vs D) and final with highest league finisher hosting return match. Final winner plays playoff 1 finisher 4th (or 5th in case one of top 4 wins cup) for final European ticket in single match at stadium of highest league finisher = PO1 team. 

• Playoff 3 (Relegation Playoffs): bottom two teams in the overall 1B standings, Lommel and Lokeren, take part in a best-of-five playoff. As Lommel finished ahead of Lokeren, they start with home advantage and receive a three point head start.

Edited by Pelotas
  • Like 1

On 14/12/2019 at 19:11, Lizhang said:

The difference being that one is a result of the competition itself, within any competition. The other being introduced as a result of what happens outside the actual competition. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Apples to oranges is too harsh imho, the timing effect of when you meet a certain club remains the biggest factor which exists within a league, but I agree there are some effects which are specifially the result of the playoffs, aforemost the effect due PO2 teams' scores being reset to zero at the start of PO2. Once these smaller teams are certain of avoiding last place, they have no more incentive to do well if they can't make PO1 anyway. PO1 contenders will still play for points even if halved, but a good reason to keep the full points here indeed. So this is currently an issue which indeed does not exist in a regular league. Solution: again the Danish system.

Note however that with or without playoffs, as long as there is a winter transfer window in the middle of the season and the summer one runs till after MD 5 or 6 you'll have this problem.(…and even after that, problems still exist, think of card suspensions (<-- within league effect!) & European/Cup games right before/after league matches).

You are usually more adept at looking up regulations, so i'll leave it to you. But it was my understanding that there were indeed such things preventing them from ditching PO2 alltogether. In any case, it would be a farce, rules or no. That said, i don't know the specifics about Bulgerian or Danish systems. Nevertheless, it bothers me to artificially alter a regular competition, just to cater to the big teams as a result of a skewed situation in Europe. Had UEFA intervened when they should have, there would be no need for any of these artificial tours de force.

Can't argue with "it bothers me" so I'll leave it at that. :) Not sure how exactly any UEFA system would've avoided POs in Belgium but seeing the evolution towards a UEFA Champions League specifically designed to keep the same teams on top (smaller teams moving/dropping to the UEFA Europa League or even the new third-level UEFA Conference League from 2021-22), I'm afraid we'll have to treat the UEFA as a given and make the best of it as I don't think they care much about the smaller clubs/leagues... (to also answer your original statement a few posts back) ie create something special and exciting at local level to keep interest and little tv money there is through (an improved) PO system. I don't see how a simple, in my eyes dull and oldfashioned, round-robin league of 18 or 20 teams will achieve that in a small and otherwise economically irrelevant Belgium. In the end all supporters want their club to win and rise up the pyramid, but once their club reaches a certain level they start complaining that there's not enough local lads in the squad and players are doing it for the cash rather than football itself… I agree the balance has shifted way over towards commerce, but if you want to play with the big boys imho there's no other way than having a decent sponsor with deep pockets.

You can beat around the bush all you like. It's an unfair advantage compared to teams from other countries. Whether you call it cheating or "being clever". Stuff like this is why i would like more regulations from Uefa regarding the design of all competitions. And just because i think this is an unfair advantage, doesn't mean i don't think other teams/countries aren't getting an unfair advantage either, in some other way.

Indeed, several countries are already allowing teams playing in Europe to postpone their league matches when they have important European matches, including Belgium since this season. You must dislike that as well, but this is not something extraordinary and rather becoming more common practice. Bit strange to then abolish any advantage Belgian clubs might have (if the calendar suits them) while the rest of Europe is going another direction imho. 

Not? lol, of course not. There are 6 spots in POI, and there are only 5 traditional big teams. So obviously, you will always have at least one non-top team, and sometimes one of the G5 teams will miss out as well. It's funny that you bring this up as an argument to prove your point, because any other way would basically prove it needs to be tossed in the bin immediately. Luckily, players and trainers are not machines and sometimes something unforeseen will happen. 

Just mentioned it since you mentioned the UEFA CL where it's always the same teams. Apart from that I don't see the joke except that you just called PO1 unpredictable and therefore entertaining? ;)

I'm not a fan. But i'm not a fan of the super league either. For the same reason, i'm not a fan of POI either. It's all made so the big teams get what they want. They can get bigger, the small teams get left further behind.

Another issue is the voting system, the fact that the big teams have multiple votes in deciding the format is ridiculous. Should be removed immediately if only to avoid people having the feeling any system is in place just because "that's what the big teams want".

Anyway, in summary what I take away from this as main reasons against POs:

1.  Feels like an articifial extra to the season which is catered to the needs of the big teams. Hence still more emotionally comfortable with "regular" season.
  2.  Possibility for unfairness ("competitievervalsing") due to PO1 points divided in half and PO2 starting from zero.
  3.  Gives unfair advantage to Belgian teams in Europe.

1) Pity because I don't feel that way but can't argue about feelings. Need to find a way to make play-offs a "recognised" part of the competition (as is the case in many sports/leagues) rather than have people find it an "articifial" extra. Smaller teams need an equal vote wrt bigger teams which will result in bigger support for a chosen format.

2) In my eyes this is not an argument specifically against POs, nor is it specifically in favor of a simple league where the problem is also present. IMHO can be resolved by keeping all points and you'll have the same level of unfairness as in a regular league. cfr system Denmark. 

3) Non issue imho, advantage minor if anything and other leagues are doing similar things to benefit their teams.

• Like 1

@Pelotas It's not an emotional matter as you are implying. Everything (both in Europe as in Belgium) is catered towards the big teams. The CL, EL, the Super League. And if they go through with it, the BeNeLeague as well. And so are the play-offs. They are designed to give the big teams better chances in Europe, which in turn makes them stronger in Belgium. On the other hand, should a small team get into the play-offs with a headstart (because they were the best in the regular competition), they would likely not survive the play-offs. They simply don't have the same squad depth, and likely not the quality to make it against the top teams in a mini competition. Even if they would prove to be the most consistent throughout the regular season. So the play-offs are bad for the smaller teams for two reasons. They are designed in a way that makes it basically impossible for them to actually win, and on the other hand they are made so the bigger teams get bigger (thanks to extra money in Europe). Had Leicester needed to play a post-season play-off competition like our POI in 2015-2016, their chances would have diminished considerably.

Uefa could have done more. They started with "financial fairplay", and while the concept may be a step in the right direction, it's also too little too late.

I actually think we agree on quite a few points, or issues. Just not always on how to solve them. I think the sport needs a hard reset. Some things are beyond fixing and no amount of adaptations on past mistakes is going to fix the countless deformations that have turned the sport into a monstrosity. The issues start at the top, not at the bottom. And they trickle down. No amount of play-offs or BeNeLeagues is ever going to stop that. It might slow down the gap from widening for a while, but ultimately, it is just another step in the wrong direction. If they want the sport to survive in the long run, action needs to be taken. This may seem like a silly statement now, but let's see how it goes in a few decades.

Edited by Lizhang

Absolutely disgusted with our performance today! I don't mind playing a bad game or even losing a game, but today a lot of our players didn't even try to win. Some of the lads really think they're world class players who don't have to work hard after winning the 1st period. They need to take a hard look at themselves!

This was our last game of 2019. Our next game is January 12th.

Highlights:

6-minute version:

https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/27284/samenvatting-oh-leuven-re-virton

Edited by Bonanza
  • Sad 2

Results and standings after the 6th week of the 2nd period.

Lommel - Beerschot   1-0

Union - Roeselare      1-1

OH Leuven - Virton    0-2

Lokeren - Westerlo     0-4

1. Beerschot                11           3             1               2                  8                           3                              +6

2. Lommel                   10           3             2               1                  7                           8                              -1

3. Union                        9           2             1               3                  7                           4                              +3

4. Roeselare                 9           2             1               3                 13                         11                             +2

5. Virton                        9           2             2              3                   8                           6                              +2

6. Westerlo                   7           2             3              1                  11                          10                            +1

7. OH Leuven              7           2             3               1                  8                           12                            -4

8. Lokeren                    2           0             4              2                   4                           12                            -8

The winner of the 2nd period will face us in the final. If we also win the 2nd period, we automatically win the league an go up to the 1st division.

Overall standings:

1. Virton                       36         11             6              3                 34                         16                          +18

2. OH Leuven           35         11             6              2                 30                         22                           +8

3. Westerlo                  33         10             7              3                 32                         20                          +12 

4. Union*                     31          7              4              7                 25                         19                           +6

5. Beerschot                28          8              8              4                 21                         22                           -1

6. Lommel                   21          5              9              6                 16                         27                           -11

7. Roeselare               20          5             10             5                  28                         42                          -14

8. Lokeren                  15          3             11             6                  17                         35                          -18 

We now have a winter break until the 2nd weekend of January. These are the fixtures:

Friday January 10th:

Beerschot - Roeselare

Saturday January 11th:

Westerlo - Lommel

Union - OH Leuven

Sunday January 12th

Virton - Lokeren

Updated the virtual playoff fixtures/groups if this were the end of the season, following latest results:

• Division 1B Promotional Playoffs: between winner of 1st period (OH Leuven) and winner of 2nd period (Beerschot), OH Leuven to host the return match by virtue of having scored most points combined over both periods (35pts vs 28pts + match OHL vs. Union still to be added). Winner will play in 1A next season, but after the promotional play-offs, both teams will take part in play PO2 this season.

• Playoff 2 (Europa League Playoffs): Virton, OH Leuven, Westerlo, Union SG, Beerschot and Lommel qualify by virtue of finishing top 6 overall (period 1 + period 2). Virtual groups:
    •  group A: Zulte Waregem, Oostende, Waasland-Beveren, Lommel
    •  group B: Genk, Eupen, Cercle Brugge, Beerschot
    •  group C: Anderlecht, Kortrijk, Virton, Union SG
    •  group D: Excel Mouscron, Sint-Truiden, OH Leuven, Westerlo
    •  4 group winners play home & away semi finals (A vs C & B vs D) and final with highest league finisher always hosting the return match. Final winner plays 4th place finisher of playoff 1 (or 5th in case one of top four wins the cup, in this case if Antwerp or Club Brugge win the cup and finish top 4) for final European ticket in single match at stadium of highest league finisher = PO1 team. 

• Playoff 3 (Relegation Playoffs): bottom two teams in the overall 1B standings, Roeselare and Lokeren, take part in a best-of-five playoff. As Roeselare (20pts) finished ahead of Lokeren (15pts), they start with home advantage and receive a three point head start.

Edited by Pelotas

On 01/11/2019 at 23:56, Bonanza said:

If we can prove the floodlights didn't work due to technical difficulties outside our stadium, the game has to be replayed. Otherwise we lose this game by forfeit.  

Ruling today... OHL loses game by forfeit (0-5). Can still appeal the decision. 

Game has no impact on first period, however could matter for total points at end of season. (period winner with most points overall gets return game at home in promotion playoffs)

So... with this match included:

Updated the virtual playoff fixtures/groups if this were the end of the season, following latest results:

• Division 1B Promotional Playoffs: between winner of 1st period (OH Leuven) and winner of 2nd period (Beerschot), OH Leuven to host the return match by virtue of having scored most points combined over both periods (35pts vs 28pts). Winner will play in 1A next season, but after the promotional play-offs, both teams will take part in play PO2 this season.

• Playoff 2 (Europa League Playoffs): Virton, OH Leuven, Westerlo, Union SG, Beerschot and Lommel qualify by virtue of finishing top 6 overall (period 1 + period 2). Virtual groups:
    •  group A: Zulte Waregem, Oostende, Waasland-Beveren, Lommel
    •  group B: Genk, Eupen, Cercle Brugge, Beerschot
    •  group C: Anderlecht, Kortrijk, Virton, Westerlo
    •  group D: Excel Mouscron, Sint-Truiden, OH Leuven, Union SG
    •  4 group winners play home & away semi finals (A vs C & B vs D) and final with highest league finisher always hosting the return match. Final winner plays 4th place finisher of playoff 1 (or 5th in case one of top four wins the cup, in this case if Antwerp or Club Brugge win the cup and finish top 4) for final European ticket in single match at stadium of highest league finisher = PO1 team. 

• Playoff 3 (Relegation Playoffs): bottom two teams in the overall 1B standings, Roeselare and Lokeren, take part in a best-of-five playoff. As Roeselare (20pts) finished ahead of Lokeren (15pts), they start with home advantage and receive a three point head start.
Edited by Pelotas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a game today... good 1st half (up 0-2), awful 2nd half (back to 2-2, should've been down at least 5-2 and barely got out of own half), then in added time good old Jérémy Perbet with the 2-3. :celebrate:

Edited by Pelotas
  • Like 4

Results and standings after the 7th week of the 2nd period.

Beerschot - Roeselare   1-0

Westerlo - Lommel         2-1

Union - OH Leuven       2-3

Virton - Lokeren             1-2

1. Beerschot                12           3             1               3                  9                           4                              +5

2. Westerlo                  10           3             3               1                 13                         11                             +2

3. Lommel                   10           3             3               1                  8                          10                              -2

4. OH Leuven             10           3             3               1                 11                         14                              -3

5. Roeselare                10          2             2                3                 14                        12                             +2

6. Union                        9           2             2                3                  9                          7                              +2

7. Virton                        9           2             2                3                  9                          8                              +1

8. Lokeren                    5           1             4                2                  6                         13                              -7

Overall standings:

1. OH Leuven           38         12             6              2                 33                         24                           +9

2. Virton                       36         11             7              3                 35                         18                          +17

3. Westerlo                  36         11             7              3                 34                         21                          +13 

4. Union*                     31          7              5              7                 27                         22                           +5

5. Beerschot                29          8              8              5                 22                         23                           -1

6. Lommel                   21          5             10             6                 17                         29                          -12

7. Roeselare               21          5             10             6                  29                        43                          -14

8. Lokeren                  18          4             11             6                  19                         36                          -17 

Next week's fixtures:

Friday:

Lommel - Lokeren

Saturday:

Roeselare - Virton

Beerschot - Union

Sunday:

OH Leuven - Westerlo

• Thanks 2