Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

18 hours ago, Permafrost said:

Well done OHL!

I'm over the Beerschot game next Friday. Looking forward to joining in the celebrations.

How are you traveling? I want to come over to watch a leicester match and I'm looking at the best/fastest options to travel from Belgium to Leicester. Birmingham is the closest airport?

24 minutes ago, leuven said:

How are you traveling? I want to come over to watch a leicester match and I'm looking at the best/fastest options to travel from Belgium to Leicester. Birmingham is the closest airport?

EMA is closest airport, I would just drive though if I was going to Belgium, but to be fair I drive everywhere, including to Croatia. 

Having been driven through Belgium several times, in not sure how you would find the English roads, loads of delays and traffic. 

Think of Brussels traffic, for no reason in the middle of no where, all the time! 

But after all that EMA, is closest, BHX is fine there is a train from there to New Street, then from New Street direct to Leicester, I'm not sure of the train situation from East mids, but I can't imagine it's any more difficult

36 minutes ago, leuven said:

Tbh the Eurostar isn't a bad option if you book far enough in advance to get the good prices:  Gets you into St Pancras where you can get a train direct to Leicester.

If you're going to be driving the first leg (ie. to the airport/train station) then I'd stick with the plane though because traffic around Gare du Midi is always a nightmare and really not worth the hassle when it takes you about 20 minutes to get to Zaventem from Leuven.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Tbh the Eurostar isn't a bad option if you book far enough in advance to get the good prices:  Gets you into St Pancras where you can get a train direct to Leicester.

If you're going to be driving the first leg (ie. to the airport/train station) then I'd stick with the plane though because traffic around Gare du Midi is always a nightmare and really not worth the hassle when it takes you about 20 minutes to get to Zaventem from Leuven.

We were at the Chelsea match earlier this season. We came by car using the eurotunnel but it took us 5-6 hours to get there. To get to leicester from London is about 2hr drive right? Might go for another away game in London (West Ham) but unfortunately that's one of the worst stadiums around (too far from the pitch).

How long is the train transfer from London to Leicester?

5 hours ago, leuven said:

Get in touch with Leuven lads they've been over 3 possibly 4 times now. 

Around 30 of them came West Ham back in April. 

I'm looking to come over again next year, I've potentially marked the game of the weekend we play Burnley away Eurostar return is around £88.00 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 08:54, Cujek said:

But after all that EMA, is closest, BHX is fine there is a train from there to New Street, then from New Street direct to Leicester, I'm not sure of the train situation from East mids, but I can't imagine it's any more difficult

Theres East Mids Parkway station which is a couple stops from Leicester, but its a bit of a trek from the airport itself (though there might be a shuttle service, not sure).

Easiest is probably just getting on the skylink bus from the airport to the city. Bit more expensive, mind...

36 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Is this game the last one of the first half of the season or the first game of the second half?

Yeah. That would mean this match doesn't matter if it's from the last half of the season.

Edit: nevermind then.

Three goals in 12 minutes. Impressive!

Only 15 more minutes for Sowah to casually score a hattrick.

That's that then.

On the brighter side, I've been on uncertain emotional territory with our recent success. OHL getting battered in the second division reminds me of the good old days.

What happened in those 12 minutes then lads?

Edited by Foxxed
yeah theyre ****ed

Results and standings after the 1st week of the 2nd period.

OH Leuven - Beerschot   0-3

Lokeren - Lommel            0-1

Union - Virton                   2-0

Roeselare - Westerlo       3-5

Points    Wins     Losses     Draws     Goals made     Goals conceded     Goal difference

1. Beerschot                  3           1             0              0                   3                           0                              +3

2. Westerlo                    3           1             0              0                   5                           3                              +2

3. Union                         3           1             0              0                   2                           0                              +2

4. Lommel                     3            1            0              0                   1                           0                               +1

5. Lokeren                     0           0             1              0                   0                           1                               -1

6. Roeselare                 0            0             1              0                   3                           5                               -2

7. Virton                        0            0             1              0                   0                           2                               -2

8. OH Leuven               0            0             1              0                   0                           3                               -3

The winner of the 2nd period will face us in the final. If we also win the 2nd period, we automatically win the league an go up to the 1st division.

Overall standings:

Points    Wins     Losses     Draws     Goals made     Goals conceded     Goal difference

1. Westerlo                  29          9              4              2                 26                         13                          +12

2. OH Leuven           28          9              4              1                 22                         13                           +9

3. Virton                       27          9              6              0                 26                         12                          +14

4. Union*                     25          6              3              4                 18                         15                           +3

5. Beerschot                20          6              7              2                 16                         19                            -3

6. Lommel                   14          3              7              5                  10                         19                           -9

7. Lokeren                   13          3              8              4                  13                         24                          -11

8. Roeselare                11          3             10             2                  18                         36                          -18

*OH Leuven and Union still have a game in hand.

At the end of the regular season the teams that finished 1st, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th will participate in Playoff 2 with the numbers 7 through 16 of the 1st division. The winner of Playoff 2 will compete with the 4th placed team in Playoff 1 for a place the Europa League 2nd qualifying round.

The 2 bottom teams will face of in a best-of-5 to decide who drops down to the 1st amateur division. 

Next week's fixtures:

Friday

Westerlo - OH Leuven

Saturday:

Lommel - Union

Beerschot - Lokeren

Sunday:

Virton - Roeselare

Just now, Bonanza said:

Results and standings after the 1st week of the 2nd period.

OH Leuven - Beerschot   0-3

Lokeren - Lommel            0-1

Union - Virton                   2-0

Roeselare - Westerlo       3-5

1. Beerschot                  3           1             0              0                   3                           0                              +3

2. Westerlo                    3           1             0              0                   5                           3                              +2

3. Union                         3           1             0              0                   2                           0                              +2

4. Lommel                     3            1            0              0                   1                           0                               +1

5. Lokeren                     0           0             1              0                   0                           1                               -1

6. Roeselare                 0            0             1              0                   3                           5                               -2

7. Virton                        0            0             1              0                   0                           2                               -2

8. OH Leuven               0            0             1              0                   0                           3                               -3

The winner of the 2nd period will face us in the final. If we also win the 2nd period, we automatically win the league an go up to the 1st division.

Overall standings:

1. Westerlo                  29          9              4              2                 26                         13                          +12

2. OH Leuven           28          9              4              1                 22                         13                           +9

3. Virton                       27          9              6              0                 26                         12                          +14

4. Union*                     25          6              3              4                 18                         15                           +3

5. Beerschot                20          6              7              2                 16                         19                            -3

6. Lommel                   14          3              7              5                  10                         19                           -9

7. Lokeren                   13          3              8              4                  13                         24                          -11

8. Roeselare                11          3             10             2                  18                         36                          -18

*OH Leuven and Union still have a game in hand.

At the end of the regular season the teams that finished 1st, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th will participate in Playoff 2 with the numbers 7 through 16 of the 1st division. The winner of Playoff 2 will compete with the 4th placed team in Playoff 1 for a place the Europa League 2nd qualifying round.

The 2 bottom teams will face of in a best-of-5 to decide who drops down to the 1st amateur division. 

Next week's fixtures:

Friday

Westerlo - OH Leuven

Saturday:

Lommel - Union

Beerschot - Lokeren

Sunday:

Virton - Roeselare

So will they bother replaying the abandoned game now they've gone ahead and started the second period?