Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

Results and standings after the 11th week of the 2nd period.

Roeselare - Beerschot    1-1

OH Leuven - Lommel     3-0

Virton - Union                  0-0

Westerlo - Lokeren         Postponed (game will be played on Wednesday 12th) 

Points    Wins     Losses     Draws     Goals made     Goals conceded     Goal difference

1. OH Leuven             17          5             4               2                 18                         19                              -1 

2. Beerschot                17          4             2               5                 12                          7                              +5

3. Virton                       17          4             2               5                 12                          8                              +4

4. Lommel                   15          4             4               3                 11                          15                             -4

5. Union                      15          3             2               6                 14                          10                             +4

6. Westerlo*                14          4             4               2                 17                          14                             +3

7. Roeselare               12          2             4               6                 16                          17                              -1

8. Lokeren*                  6           1             5                3                  7                          16                              -9

Westerlo and Lokeren have a game in hand.

The winner of the 2nd period will face us in the final. If we also win the 2nd period, we automatically win the league an go up to the 1st division.

Overall standings:

Points    Wins     Losses     Draws     Goals made     Goals conceded     Goal difference

1. OH Leuven         45         14             7              3                 40                         29                          +11

2. Virton                     44         13             7              5                 38                         18                          +20

3. Westerlo*               40         12             8              4                 38                         24                          +14

4. Union*                    37          8              5             10               32                          25                           +7

5. Beerschot              34          9              9               7                25                         26                           -1

6. Lommel                 26           6             11             8                 20                         34                          -14

7. Roeselare              23          5             12             8                 32                         49                          -17

8. Lokeren*                19          4             13             7                 20                         40                          -20 

*OH Leuven, Union, Westerlo and Lokeren still have a game in hand.

At the end of the regular season the teams that finished 1st, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th will participate in Playoff 2 with the numbers 7 through 16 of the 1st division. The winner of Playoff 2 will compete with the 4th placed team in Playoff 1 for a place the Europa League 2nd qualifying round.

The 2 bottom teams will face off in a best-of-5 to decide who drops down to the 1st amateur division. 

Next week's fixtures:

Tuesday:

OH Leuven - Union

Wednesday:

Westerlo - Lokeren

Friday:

Beerschot - OH Leuven

Saturday:

Union - Roeselare

Lommel - Westerlo

Sunday:

Lokeren - Virton

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Results and standings after the 11th week of the 2nd period.

Roeselare - Beerschot    1-1

OH Leuven - Lommel     3-0

Virton - Union                  0-0

Westerlo - Lokeren         Postponed (game will be played on Wednesday 12th) 

1. OH Leuven             17          5             4               2                 18                         19                              -1 

2. Beerschot                17          4             2               5                 12                          7                              +5

3. Virton                       17          4             2               5                 12                          8                              +4

4. Lommel                   15          4             4               3                 11                          15                             -4

5. Union                      15          3             2               6                 14                          10                             +4

6. Westerlo*                14          4             4               2                 17                          14                             +3

7. Roeselare               12          2             4               6                 16                          17                              -1

8. Lokeren*                  6           1             5                3                  7                          16                              -9

Westerlo and Lokeren have a game in hand.

The winner of the 2nd period will face us in the final. If we also win the 2nd period, we automatically win the league an go up to the 1st division.

Overall standings:

1. OH Leuven         45         14             7              3                 40                         29                          +11

2. Virton                     44         13             7              5                 38                         18                          +20

3. Westerlo*               40         12             8              4                 38                         24                          +14

4. Union*                    37          8              5             10               32                          25                           +7

5. Beerschot              34          9              9               7                25                         26                           -1

6. Lommel                 26           6             11             8                 20                         34                          -14

7. Roeselare              23          5             12             8                 32                         49                          -17

8. Lokeren*                19          4             13             7                 20                         40                          -20 

*OH Leuven, Union, Westerlo and Lokeren still have a game in hand.

At the end of the regular season the teams that finished 1st, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th will participate in Playoff 2 with the numbers 7 through 16 of the 1st division. The winner of Playoff 2 will compete with the 4th placed team in Playoff 1 for a place the Europa League 2nd qualifying round.

The 2 bottom teams will face off in a best-of-5 to decide who drops down to the 1st amateur division. 

Next week's fixtures:

Tuesday:

OH Leuven - Union

Wednesday:

Westerlo - Lokeren

Friday:

Beerschot - OH Leuven

Saturday:

Union - Roeselare

Lommel - Westerlo

Sunday:

Lokeren - Virton

Might I ask why Leuven are above the other 2 that have the same points but a better goal difference?

32 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Might I ask why Leuven are above the other 2 that have the same points but a better goal difference?

To be fair, I was a little suprised to see these standings as well, since I thought the goal difference would be the decisive factor.

I believe we are placed at the top because we have won more games then Beerschot and Virton.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

To be fair, I was a little suprised to see these standings as well, since I thought the goal difference would be the decisive factor.

I believe we are placed at the top because we have won more games then Beerschot and Virton.

More tales from the bizarro league :facepalm:

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I thought it might be goals scored rather than difference, OH 18 the other two 12, but I don’t know this for certain and could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

More tales from the bizarro league :facepalm:

Looked it up and these are the decisive factors:

1. Most wins

2. Goal difference

3. Most goals scored

4. Most goals scored in away games

5. Most wins in away games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Update....6 illegal immigrants now found in total and the drivers potentially are going to be fined by the French police 😲😲

Can you confirm if any of them can play on the wing? 

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Haha 2

Further update... the door on our coach won't close so so we are hoping that Mercedes are going to meet us at Dover to fix it otherwise we need a new coach ...and...the ship tannoy has just announced it will take 1.5 hours to sail through the the storm and dock in Calais...😭😭

1 minute ago, coolcol said:

Further update... the door on our coach won't close so so we are hoping that Mercedes are going to meet us at Dover to fix it otherwise we need a new coach ...and...the ship tannoy has just announced it will take 1.5 hours to sail through the the storm and dock in Calais...😭😭

I thought it was always a 90 minute trip from Calais to Dover. It is every time I use it.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

I thought it was always a 90 minute trip from Calais to Dover. It is every time I use it.

we have already been on the boat for 1.5 hours and it is an additional 1.5 hours to dock because of the waves. 

9 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Coach number one 1?

Brilliant weekend away and thank you to the fans for your hospitality.

Was very impressed with the performance and how you try to play the game. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season and hopefully see some of you over here in a few weeks time 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Last few games have spurred a return to form it seems. We grab the opponent by the throat from the start and don't fall back after taking the lead. The fact that our biggest rivals haven't taken advantage of our poor efforts (and appalling referees) over the past two months, makes it once again more likely to top the second period as well, and avoid having to play the finals. Not playing the finals would also give the club more time to prepare for first division. I think there is close to a month between the last game of the competition, and the last game of the finals.

Do you guys play a high pressing style like Leicester do under Rodgers?

Hope Leuven get to the top division this season!