Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You make it sound like we are interested in signing him !

I wouldn't sign him on what I seen in that one game. But I thought he's one of our prime targets and you know how we nearly always go back for them.

15 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It's hard to know, in that game he played as a defensive midfielder but rarely got to the Ball. More taking up a position to receive it off others who were doing the tackling. Yet he rarely ventured forward.

Maybe the plan is to use him and Drinky in the defensive rolls and allow NDiddi to get forward more with his natural pace and passing.

In our set up I can't see that working....unless they want to deploy N'didi as a number 10, which isn't his game....theother option is a 4-3-3 which would rule out Siggy, and he is best suited to a number ten role...it would also mean issues for a

second forward...so one would imagine Slimani would be sold on...

The direction I see is either 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2...so implying that logic I can't see why we would still be interested...you can't spend £30 million on competition for Danny and N'didi....which is why I think this link is a total none starter, now we have N'didi we don't need Silva....

As I've said I wouldn't sign him on what i seen in the one game, But maybe he was playing to orders. Better to judge him on his club performances. He must have something about him if Spurs are also interested. Pochettino certainly knows a player.

442 has served us quite well up to know but I feel we need to be able to adapt quicker in certain situations. To do that we need higher quality players who are comfortable with the Ball. Maguire will give us that at the back and also able to step out. I'd like to see Chilwell and Albrighton line out either side of DD and N Diddi. If we can get Siggi or Iheanachio in to support Vardy or Slim then I think we'll have good options to adapt our style of play. Which we haven't really had todate. But it's early days yet as regard comings and goings. 

I don't think we're even interested are we?

I'd be surprised if we still in for any of the Ranieri picks.

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

Where would he play? Drinky and Ndidi will be the CM....

DD can be moved to the right in theory, though I don't think we need to worry about formation too strictly. DD was quality in 2015 playing a more forward CM role, providing supply for Vardy & Co. He could do that with Kante to cover him. When Kante left, DD began playing deeper out of necessity, and we lost a major supply line to from the MF to the front, which then allowed teams to put more attention on Mahrez and REALLY stifle the Leicester attack. 

So say we add Silva. That would instantly bolster both the defense and our linkage play, and we'd have the ability to play one of Silva/Drinkwater forward with less defensive responsibility. We might work that into our 4-4-2 by sliding DD to the wing and having him look to  influence the attack as a playmaker -- DD can do that from the right or from the middle, the way Mahrez liked to move to the middle, DD can do the same, he will have ample cover behind him, and we are very comfortable with providing support. IDK how comfortable he would be on the left, but an inverted winger is basically what Mahrez does, yeah? So maybe he could do that as an alternative. Whatever he is most comfortable and successful with. 

Adding someone like Silva would also allow for more formation flexibility. Defensively, I don't see us getting away from a 4-4-2, but when we have possession, we might be able to switch to more of a 4-2-3-1 look similar to what Juventus uses (Juve also tends to defend in a passive 4-4-2). We might have Ndidi and Silva as CMs in front of the CBs, with Silva as the primary CM/pivot tasked with helping bring the ball upfield to initiate the offense when the CBs or FBs help bring the ball forward. That would free up DD to play more of an AM role flanked by a pair of wingers/strikers and Vardy up top, or a more demanding box-to-box role that might require him switching with Silva at different parts of the game so that both can stay fresh. I like the idea of this, I think it would make the team much more formidable week-to-week without much loss of defensive effectiveness. It would require some tweaking, we couldn't import Juve's system wholesale, but hey, Allegri had to modify Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 as well.

In any event, it would be a good problem to have IMO. I'd be delighted to have another CM who is comfortable handling the ball and playing some No. 10. 

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It's hard to know, in that game he played as a defensive midfielder but rarely got to the Ball. More taking up a position to receive it off others who were doing the tackling. Yet he rarely ventured forward.

Maybe the plan is to use him and Drinky in the defensive rolls and allow NDiddi to get forward more with his natural pace and passing.

You don't think Ndidi is too weak a passer for that? Could see pairing Ndidi with one of Silva/Drinky so that the other can get fwd. We wanted two MFs who could come fwd and provide some tidy playmaking all last season, but with DD needed in defense, Mahrez was alone to play that role. But both Silva and DD can do that to some extent, and if Mendy is healthy as expected (and doesn't get flipped to L1, obv), we'd have the flexibility to do some interesting things.

Mendy will be gone so not worth mentioning as probably will be Mahrez.

The first requirement of an attacking MF is mobility and Pace. NDiddi is the only one we have who has pace for the middle. He's very young and is only going to get better in all parts of his game. I think he's already got a many goals as DD in the Premiership.

I've been calling for us to sign a Ball playing midfielder for 3 to 4 years now, and how the Club couldn't see that just baffles me. Siggi or Iheanacho might be that player. But both are certainly a huge upgrade on OKazaki. We really do need to get at least one of these in or someone of equal quality.

DD is best just sitting breaking things up and picking passes. I also think we may have moved on from Adrian Silva.

2 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

By flop I take it you mean never really getting a chance?

I liked him but he just wasn't ever going to be a premier league player, not the pace or blood lust required.

30 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

By flop I take it you mean never really getting a chance?

Looking well out of his depth, slow, weak, no confidence ect. Hope I'm wrong if he does come here and makes an impact like Cambiasso the God. 

2 hours ago, vanity said:

DD can be moved to the right in theory, though I don't think we need to worry about formation too strictly. DD was quality in 2015 playing a more forward CM role, providing supply for Vardy & Co. He could do that with Kante to cover him. When Kante left, DD began playing deeper out of necessity, and we lost a major supply line to from the MF to the front, which then allowed teams to put more attention on Mahrez and REALLY stifle the Leicester attack. 

So say we add Silva. That would instantly bolster both the defense and our linkage play, and we'd have the ability to play one of Silva/Drinkwater forward with less defensive responsibility. We might work that into our 4-4-2 by sliding DD to the wing and having him look to  influence the attack as a playmaker -- DD can do that from the right or from the middle, the way Mahrez liked to move to the middle, DD can do the same, he will have ample cover behind him, and we are very comfortable with providing support. IDK how comfortable he would be on the left, but an inverted winger is basically what Mahrez does, yeah? So maybe he could do that as an alternative. Whatever he is most comfortable and successful with. 

Adding someone like Silva would also allow for more formation flexibility. Defensively, I don't see us getting away from a 4-4-2, but when we have possession, we might be able to switch to more of a 4-2-3-1 look similar to what Juventus uses (Juve also tends to defend in a passive 4-4-2). We might have Ndidi and Silva as CMs in front of the CBs, with Silva as the primary CM/pivot tasked with helping bring the ball upfield to initiate the offense when the CBs or FBs help bring the ball forward. That would free up DD to play more of an AM role flanked by a pair of wingers/strikers and Vardy up top, or a more demanding box-to-box role that might require him switching with Silva at different parts of the game so that both can stay fresh. I like the idea of this, I think it would make the team much more formidable week-to-week without much loss of defensive effectiveness. It would require some tweaking, we couldn't import Juve's system wholesale, but hey, Allegri had to modify Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 as well.

In any event, it would be a good problem to have IMO. I'd be delighted to have another CM who is comfortable handling the ball and playing some No. 10. 

I get your thinking, but DD on the wing for me is a no, ideally we want Gray (if he turns up) and possibly a new winger to be our width...I assume we will continue with the counter attacking style, which Silva certainly would suite...DD and N'didi aren't moving for me, we have to build around them...so let's say we have two options...Silva or Siggy...Siggy if we want to have a number ten, or Silva if we want to move away from the two man CM and switch to a three. 

Possibly looking to bring a younger talent in to which ever player we go with, to act as an understudy for the opposing option, rather than buy two top players and end up with issues rather than selection headaches. I think Siggy would add more to our team, but the idea of Silva, DD and N'didi all in one side uses up a fair amount of tissue! 

2 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Apperently now a bid of £26million from spuds has now been accepted by sporting. Why does this feel like a kick in the teeth?

the past is the past. He will enjoy sitting on their bench weekends and he will get to play in the champions league. 

The attraction of a top 4 Premier club based in London is pretty obvious, BUT.....

Sooner or later the FIFA FP rules regarding players wages, spends, and too many class players warming their arses on the bench (if they are lucky) or even sidelined will lead to an end of the current "hoover" them up approach by the "BIG" clubs.

An Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs or Man Utd second XI would probably avoid the drop.

That's a lot of talent going to waste and International careers threatened due to lack of game time.

Archived