Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

9 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Hamer is a decent 3rd keeper for now until one of the younger lads is ready,and with Mahrez willing to take a big pay cut to leave us it suggests money won't fix it and he just doesn't want to be here anymore.

Hamer is championship quality (at a push)  and a decent 3rd keeper for a team that is treading water.

Imagine we get into the FA cup final next year but Jakupavic picks up a nasty injury and is out for the season. Kasper picks up a red card and is suspended for the final. We're now relying on Hamer to bring us our next ultimate trophy. Frighning thought.

Also money always talks 

Conversation  would go like this to Mahrez "Step into my office Ryiad, I'm shocked that teams arnt matching our valuation, to be honest, I was worried that we might have valued you too low. Anyhow, I think you need to stay another season and pursue your dream of play for a truly big club like Barca. "

"Im sorry,  but I've  made my decision, I want to leave"

"Well we're about to sign Siggs from Swansea and was hoping you could help improve him as a player, we're  paying him 125k a week, obviously  you're  twice the player he is so I'd  be looking to pay you 250k next season...."

"Do you know what, maybe I haven't thought this all through, I'll speak to my agent and I'm sure we can get something sorted"

18 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Totally agree.

If we're  ever going to go on to the next level and become a consistent champions league team we need to be ruthless with axing some from the squad.

Hamer, Benny, Amartay, Mendy, Lawrence, Ulloa and King (possibly a few more) all need to be binned and replaced with extra quality. 

We should also offer Mahrez 200 to 250k a week and doing everything in our power to keep him. 

But we can't offer those wages. League rules restrict what clubs can offer. 

59 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Totally agree.

If we're  ever going to go on to the next level and become a consistent champions league team we need to be ruthless with axing some from the squad.

Hamer, Benny, Amartay, Mendy, Lawrence, Ulloa and King (possibly a few more) all need to be binned and replaced with extra quality. 

We should also offer Mahrez 200 to 250k a week and doing everything in our power to keep him. 

I absolutely love Mahrez and am desperate for us to keep him, but if you genuinely think we should i offer him that much a week you're insane!  It would be financial suicide and would unsettle every other 1st team player 

57 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Hamer is a decent 3rd keeper for now until one of the younger lads is ready,and with Mahrez willing to take a big pay cut to leave us it suggests money won't fix it and he just doesn't want to be here anymore.

I'm not convinced Mahrez is genuinely prepared to take a wage cut. I suspect his agent is leading Roma on in order to hurry Arsenal up. I feel that Arsenal is the destination he's set his heart on.

I'm perplexed that he appears so adamant that he wants to leave us. I get his Champs league ambitions and his possible feelings that there isn't enough quality on the pitch supporting him, but he must be aware that with our owners' ambition there will be strong attempts to rectify both, and that last season was just a hiccup.

8 minutes ago, tomtom said:

I absolutely love Mahrez and am desperate for us to keep him, but if you genuinely think we should i offer him that much a week you're insane!  It would be financial suicide and would unsettle every other 1st team player 

250k a week is 12m a year. We already pay him about £6m so is an extra £6m on top. 

You seriously telling me an extra £6m to keep our most gifted and talented player, ever,  a year would be financial suicide? Are you insane?

Also the other players can **** off if they cant see how special he is. 

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

250k a week is 12m a year. We already pay him about £6m so is an extra £6m on top. 

You seriously telling me an extra £6m to keep our most gifted and talented player, ever,  a year would be financial suicide? Are you insane?

So Kasper , Ndidi, Drinkwater, and Vardy etc can all **** off if they're not happy with Mahrez being paid more than twice as much as them a week ??    Ok pal ?

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Your logic only works, if the bit on bold works... and we both know it won't and that's the problem in even offering 200-250k a week. If you do it once, other players will look to go to that region themselves. 

Not disagreeing that the club should show a desire to keep Mahrez - but money won't be the key, what will be is a feeling we are going in the right direction for at least the short term.

The other consideration you should have in mind - even if 200k a week kept him for now, that would only likely to be for a season and he'd be off after that and the higher wages would possibly effect the fee we could get then.

48 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Hamer is championship quality (at a push)  and a decent 3rd keeper for a team that is treading water.

Imagine we get into the FA cup final next year but Jakupavic picks up a nasty injury and is out for the season. Kasper picks up a red card and is suspended for the final. We're now relying on Hamer to bring us our next ultimate trophy. Frighning thought.

Also money always talks 

Conversation  would go like this to Mahrez "Step into my office Ryiad, I'm shocked that teams arnt matching our valuation, to be honest, I was worried that we might have valued you too low. Anyhow, I think you need to stay another season and pursue your dream of play for a truly big club like Barca. "

"Well we're about to sign Siggs from Swansea and was hoping you could help improve him as a player, we're  paying him 125k a week, obviously  you're  twice the player he is so I'd  be looking to pay you 250k next season...."

"Do you know what, maybe I haven't thought this all through, I'll speak to my agent and I'm sure we can get something sorted"

It is hard enough having a good 2nd choice keeper but having a really good 3rd choice is just being ridiculous. No way could a team outside the top 5 or 6 have 3 top keepers on their books and keep them happy. And even the top teams have had some shockers. City had Pantillimon, Chelsea had that dodgy foreign guy as 3rd choice for a while. I'd only let Hamer leave if we had an able youngster at the club but i don't think we have. 

16 minutes ago, tomtom said:

So Kasper , Ndidi, Drinkwater, and Vardy etc can all **** off if they're not happy with Mahrez being paid more than twice as much as them a week ??    Ok pal ?

Vardy and all strikers would get a £2.5 bonus for 15 goals,  £5m bonus if he hits 20 goals and £7.5m if he hits 25 and £10m for 30

Kasper would be given a small wage increase

Drinky would be ignored and probably be replaced by James

Ndidi just wouldn't be bothered anyway, and told he is still developing he did ask.

53 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Also money always talks 

That's a lot of ifs,it's unlikely we'll get a better keeper than hamer willing to be number 3,does anyone else have a great number 3? Look at Liverpool,their number 2 ain't great.

refering to Mahrez,I'm not sure any of that is realistic.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Are you for real,player wants out,so double his salary????

then he'll give a shit won't he,

and you won't moan when your season ticket price doubles will you??

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It is hard enough having a good 2nd choice keeper but having a really good 3rd choice is just being ridiculous. No way could a team outside the top 5 or 6 have 3 top keepers on their books and keep them happy. And even the top teams have had some shockers. City had Pantillimon, Chelsea had that dodgy foreign guy as 3rd choice for a while. I'd only let Hamer leave if we had an able youngster at the club but i don't think we have. 

That's my point.

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

That's my point.

You said hes a decent 3rd choice for a team treading water which kind of suggests you feel we should get a better 3rd choice keeper. I think goalkeeper is the only position we definitely don't need to sign anyone. Unless of course kasper leaves 

9 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Are you for real,player wants out,so double his salary????

then he'll give a shit won't he,

and you won't moan when your season ticket price doubles will you??

I think he would be professional and try his heart out. Possibly motivated by getting to the point where Barca would be interested.

Don't buy this "he didn't try last season" opposition  were doubling and trebbling up on him freeing up space for others. 

He did much better in CL where teams were perhaps a little more naive when marking him...

If Silva rumours true a CM has to be on his way out. My guess is Mendy, but drinkwater should be benched. Had an amazing season with N'golo but since then, poor. James has been better in preseason, give him a chance? King is a bit part player but with Iborra now here I don't see him even making the bench. Time to go? 

Surely we need a right back more than another CM...

24 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's the effect on the other players with that sort of anomaly in a wages structure. Once the rest see him on that kind of money and then see him half arsed and not bothering like last season it would ruin everything we have built up at the club.  

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

You said hes a decent 3rd choice for a team treading water which kind of suggests you feel we should get a better 3rd choice keeper. I think goalkeeper is the only position we definitely don't need to sign anyone. Unless of course kasper leaves 

If we are to become a top 4 side then we need to release Hamer and get someone better in.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

:nigel:

8 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

It's the effect on the other players with that sort of anomaly in a wages structure. Once the rest see him on that kind of money and then see him half arsed and not bothering like last season it would ruin everything we have built up at the club.  

...but there's no one who can do what he does, not even close. Gray is one of my favourite players but he doesnt come close to Mahrez. 

He's the only player we have ever had that is capable of being a game winner against any team in the world. That costs money to have that in your team. 

Archived