Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

cos he's a reliable ITK. 

As if someone would choose us over Spurs right now lol. Spurs can offer better wages than us and the offer of CL football (having played at a club with consistent European football) would be too good to resist over a club that could only 'challenge' for a European spot. 

Saw a Spurs twitter feed yesterday stating they weren't interested any more ?  Looking at their forums and a couple of apparently more reliable contributors say they aren't in for him. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Saw a Spurs twitter feed yesterday stating they weren't interested any more ?  Looking at their forums and a couple of apparently more reliable contributors say they aren't in for him. 

They have Harry winks who is highly thought of that has come through the academy. Poch is all about brining young talent through. Can't see them spending £26m on Silva when he's just gonna get in the way of winks development. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

that's fine and I saw that too.

But if there was a choice to join us or Spurs right now I'd definitely choose them. 

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

cos he's a reliable ITK. 

As if someone would choose us over Spurs right now lol. Spurs can offer better wages than us and the offer of CL football (having played at a club with consistent European football) would be too good to resist over a club that could only 'challenge' for a European spot. 

Ok Stan, thanks. Only been on FT 4-5 years & still don't know who the 'reliable ITKs' are! 

But I think in one respect you're perhaps wrong? We can offer & do pay higher wages than Spurs. Kane for example is said to be on £90k pw, less than several at the KP.

i hope Abrasive is misinformed, but if not that we're after a CM of comparable quality.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Theoretically yes. We've won the league and then got to the QF of the Champions League. In terms of prize money and sponsorship etc it's a massive amount of money. 

I guess so, everyone has a lot now though surely? How much more would you estimate we earnt?

5 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Never mind will we....we are paying higher wages in the round than Spurs at the present time.

For now we are, not so sure we would be a more favourable destination though? 

4 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Nonsense. 

How much more money do we have? 

7 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Ok Stan, thanks. Only been on FT 4-5 years & still don't know who the 'reliable ITKs' are! 

But I think in one respect you're perhaps wrong? We can offer & do pay higher wages than Spurs. Kane for example is said to be on £90k pw, less than several at the KP.

i hope Abrasive is misinformed, but if not that we're after a CM of comparable quality.

His basic is around 110k but with his appearance bonus (levy likes these), he pulls in around 150k. 

Just now, murphy said:

That's true but I've also been to Leicester.

Yeah.. other than a few 10s of millions maybe that we've won, it's a bit bias to say we're much ahead of them in terms of attraction I think personally. Sure money talks, but it's not like we have Man City money..

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

cos he's a reliable ITK. 

To be fair they wouldn't offer more than us. Majority of Spurs players are on low wages and rest of contracts made up of bonuses so if they don't perform they don't get good money which is brilliant to be honest. Other clubs should operate like this 

47 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

It is silly to consider us anymore attractive than stoke or West Brom imo.

In the last 20 years we have won 2 league cups plus runners up, L1 champions, Championship champions, played in Europa League, quarter finalists of the champions league and won the premier league.  Won the premier league!  Had to say it twice.  Plus we've been major worldwide news.  That's a stack of silverware.

Stoke and West Brom?  Lets just say that they don't need to invest in buying any brasso.

Just now, murphy said:

In the last 20 years we have won 2 league cups plus runners up, L1 champions, Championship champions, played in Europa League, quarter finalists of the champions league and won the premier league.  Won the premier league!  Had to say it twice.  That's a stack of silverware.

Stoke and West Brom?  Lets just say that they don't need to invest in buying any brasso.

I know, we're a rollercoaster though aren't we. One minute we can't be beaten, the next we're horrid, the next we're back on track. We've been hugely successful, ahead of wba and stoke and we do have more money, maybe I'm wrong :)

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

cos he's a reliable ITK. 

I thought Spuds were quite parsimonious with their wages. We have ambitious owners with money to match their ambition and, with a few astute additions, should be aiming for a Champs league place next season. We have just won the league. Lots of pointers that make us an attractive proposition.  I don't think you can assume that Spuds have a drawing power much greater than ours.

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I thought Spuds were quite parsimonious with their wages. We have ambitious owners with money to match their ambition and, with a few astute additions, should be aiming for a Champs league place next season. We have just won the league. Lots of pointers that make us an attractive proposition.  I don't think you can assume that Spuds have a drawing power much greater than ours.

I must live in a parallel universe 

perhaps its cos I haven't lived in Leicester for thirty years 

i think some of us have delusions of grandeur :ph34r: 

Spurs are challenging for titles consistently now and are playing regular European football. 

In comparison to us, they're a far more attractive club to join. 

Archived