Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

28 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

How you can say we are not as attractive as Stoke is beyond me, have you been to Stoke? It is an absolute shithole. Nuff said.

They make decent oatcakes, though.

staffsoatcakes.jpg

I think the two most likely teams (outside of the top 6) to get good player outside of England are Southampton and Everton and then the rest of the teams fallow.

They are the more likely to get European football and going to Southampton will give you a big chance of going to a bigger club.

8 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I thought Spuds were quite parsimonious with their wages. We have ambitious owners with money to match their ambition and, with a few astute additions, should be aiming for a Champs league place next season. We have just won the league. Lots of pointers that make us an attractive proposition.  I don't think you can assume that Spuds have a drawing power much greater than ours.

Realistically, the champions league contenders for next season are:

- Man City

- " United

- Arsenal

- Chelsea

- Tottenham

- Liverpool 

Baring in mind that two of those teams won't make it into the Champions League, where exactly could we fit in? We won the league in a year where Chelsea had a nightmare and United couldn't win for toffee. Liverpool were also pretty bang average as Klopp was settling into his role. The height of the task at hand monumental and again, reiterates just how massive an achievement our title winning season was. Next season, the aforementioned teams will be stronger than ever - with even more financial backing and, if rumours are anything to go by, some outstanding players. We do not come close yet. 

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

You dont have to be ITK to know he isnt coming here. We blew our chances at getting players of his calibre when we came 12th.

Spot on. It really pisses me off that one goal against Bournemouth on the last game of the season, and we would have finished 9th. Such a difference 

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

I think the two most likely teams (outside of the top 6) to get good player outside of England are Southampton and Everton and then the rest of the teams fallow.

They are the more likely to get European football and going to Southampton will give you a big chance of going to a bigger club.

I wouldn't rule out Leicester's standing to foreign players.The great escape then the title win will make very us an attractive proposition outside the top six.

18 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I wouldn't rule out Leicester's standing to foreign players.The great escape then the title win will make very us an attractive proposition outside the top six.

18 minutes ago, los dedos said:

We are Mahhooossiiivveeeee !!!!

In Portugal chatting to the barman today and we are still a big news story. I think on this site we get sucked into our own negativity. We still have appeal, our future is big, quarters of the CL is big, having Slimani is big, our plans are big, our potential wages are big. Don't underestimate all these factors in attracting Adrien.

57 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

- Man City

- " United

- Arsenal

- Chelsea

- Tottenham

- Liverpool 

Baring in mind that two of those teams won't make it into the Champions League, where exactly could we fit in? We won the league in a year where Chelsea had a nightmare and United couldn't win for toffee. Liverpool were also pretty bang average as Klopp was settling into his role. The height of the task at hand monumental and again, reiterates just how massive an achievement our title winning season was. Next season, the aforementioned teams will be stronger than ever - with even more financial backing and, if rumours are anything to go by, some outstanding players. We do not come close yet. 

I don't disagree with what you're saying but Man Utd have been shit every season since Fergie left and Liverpool have one decent year every 5. Tottenham started challenging for titles the year we won the league when they never previously did.

So I've always thought it odd that people claim other teams underpeformed. The only one that had a particularly bad season was Chelsea, the rest performed as they usually do whilst Tottenham were much better.

Not saying that means we have a chance of signing Silva or getting in the top 4 as such but just making that point on it's own.

56 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Spot on. It really pisses me off that one goal against Bournemouth on the last game of the season, and we would have finished 9th. Such a difference 

Yeh but I'd say 12th was more of a fair reflection of our season than 9th would have been. We only turned up for about 2 months so even 12th was pretty miraculous.

30 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Yeh but I'd say 12th was more of a fair reflection of our season than 9th would have been. We only turned up for about 2 months so even 12th was pretty miraculous.

We played for two months. Could have been top six if we played for four months . ?

19 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

- Man City

- " United

- Arsenal

- Chelsea

- Tottenham

- Liverpool 

IDK, we played well once Shakey was installed, might've made CL if we'd played like that all season. We were short players and had injuries, slipped a bit down the stretch, but players understand that, so if we can bolster with some shrewd signings now and be top-half in January, that will be three straight seasons Leicester is playing for something worthwhile, that is how opinions change. Frankly, we should pay for great players -- pay the asking price for sig with the Mahrez money, pay for the MC striker, keep Mendy, pay the money for Silva, that will show the world we are serious at another run at Europe.

We have to stop thinking half-empty. In consecutive seasons the lads did great things as the football world watched. Yes, we blew last year's window, should've paid for Sig and others. But now we can address that. If necessary, overpay a bit for talent we know increases our level. If we show we plan to compete for Europe, we will get the buzz we need to attract better talent more easily.

Adrien Silva is 1 for 2 on PK's today. Silva also missed a great opportunity in the loss against Chile, one of Portugal's best chances to score, had one man to beat, couldn't. Anyone who watched him in the CC have any thoughts on his play?

21 minutes ago, vanity said:

Adrien Silva is 1 for 2 on PK's today. Silva also missed a great opportunity in the loss against Chile, one of Portugal's best chances to score, had one man to beat, couldn't. Anyone who watched him in the CC have any thoughts on his play?

Adrien Silva only took one penalty Andre Silva took the one that missed 

30 minutes ago, vanity said:

Yes i seen that match and it was a great game of Football. Lots of skills on display for the purists. There were 3 Silva's on the pitch but I thought Adrian was pretty anonymous, and the game seemed to pass him by.  If you can't get yourself up for a big game like that I'm not sure he'd make it here.

I might be judging him harshly though on just one game.

11 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Where would he play? Drinky and Ndidi will be the CM....

It's hard to know, in that game he played as a defensive midfielder but rarely got to the Ball. More taking up a position to receive it off others who were doing the tackling. Yet he rarely ventured forward.

Maybe the plan is to use him and Drinky in the defensive rolls and allow NDiddi to get forward more with his natural pace and passing.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It's hard to know, in that game he played as a defensive midfielder but rarely got to the Ball. More taking up a position to receive it off others who were doing the tackling. Yet he rarely ventured forward.

Maybe the plan is to use him and Drinky in the defensive rolls and allow NDiddi to get forward more with his natural pace and passing.

You make it sound like we are interested in signing him !

Archived