Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think he would be professional and try his heart out. Possibly motivated by getting to the point where Barca would be interested.

Don't buy this "he didn't try last season" opposition  were doubling and trebbling up on him freeing up space for others. 

He did much better in CL where teams were perhaps a little more naive when marking him...

Couldn't care less how good you think he or anyone else is,200k a week???

there would be no lcfc if you had your way cuz you would bankrupt the club,

not to mention how unsettling it would be for the other players when he takes home a million quid a month

25 minutes ago, Collymore said:

If we are to become a top 4 side then we need to release Hamer and get someone better in.

How often does a third choice keeper ever get a game at any club because the other two are unavailable?

Hardly ever, the requirements of a third choice keeper is he's willing to play that role and is competent to about League One standard. You only have to look at most PL clubs including the biggest ones to see their third choice keepers aren't any better than Hamer in the majority of cases.

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

How often does a third choice keeper ever get a game at any club because the other two are unavailable?

Hardly ever, the requirements of a third choice keeper is he's willing to play that role and is competent to about League One standard. You only have to look at most PL clubs including the biggest ones to see their third choice keepers aren't any better than Hamer in the majority of cases.

Yeah you''re probably right

How would he operate? As a number 10? 

As a number 8 / box-to-box midfielder

Ndidi being 6 / defensive midfielder

Adrien Silva probably will leave Sporting CP.

Yesterday was Sporting 'presentation' game, against Monaco.

From those 4 - Patrício, G. Martins, Silva and Carvalho - who played in Portugal national team this summer, Silva and Carvalho yesterday only played the last 20 minutes.

Patrício and Martins were starters against Monaco.

So for most of Sporting fans (and portuguese press) this means Silva and Carvalho will be sold.

Also, Sporting bought a player exactly for Silva position and paid 9M€ for him. It's a expensive player for a portuguese team, so he should be starter.

Don't really know if Carvalho leaves (I hope not) but Silva I think his already sold.

Silva is only in Sporting right now because Sporting needs to play a qualify game to go to Champions League.

I'm quite sure after the qualify he will leave Sporting.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

A player like Silva wouldn't like our style of play. The ball would spend more time over his head. 

A player like Silva is a way of keeping that ball closer to the pitch.

If we want to improve and be a top 10 team.. long passing and faith on Vardy isn't the way to get and stay there.

15 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

From those 4 - Patrício, G. Martins, Silva and Carvalho - who played in Portugal national team this summer, Silva and Carvalho only played the last 20 minutes.
Patrício and Martins were starters.

So for most of Sporting fans (and portuguese press) this means Silva and Carvalho will be sold.

Also, Sporting bought a player exactly for Silva position and paid 9M€ for him. It's a expensive player for a portuguese team, so he should be starter.

Don't really know if Carvalho leaves (I hope not) but Silva I think his already sold.

Silva is only in Sporting right now because Sporting needs to play a qualify game to go to Champions League.

Okay, so get that...but then where does Iborra fit into the system? I don't think he's come here to warm the bench...

19 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

From those 4 - Patrício, G. Martins, Silva and Carvalho - who played in Portugal national team this summer, Silva and Carvalho only played the last 20 minutes.
Patrício and Martins were starters.

I think sporting see us as a magic money tree...

Okay, so get that...but then where does Iborra fit into the system? I don't think he's come here to warm the bench...

Iborra has a 10?
I don't know.

Silva as a 10 don't work.

João Mário (Sporting sold last season to Inter) is a 10 that can play in a 8 position (or in wings too).
But Silva isn't a 8 that can play as a 10.

He knows how to attack, but 'coming from behind'.
He organizes the attack, but he isn't creative/skilled enough to feed the striker directly or break the defense alone.

Also his strengh is stealing the ball when team loses possession/pressing the player with the ball, and take the ball from is defense to attack.
Put him in a more forward position is wasting what he does best.

43 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

A player like Silva is a way of keeping that ball closer to the pitch.

If we want to improve and be a top 10 team.. long passing and faith on Vardy isn't the way to get and stay there.

That's my point

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

If we are to become a top 4 side then we need to release Hamer and get someone better in.

Is it a realistic aim right now for us to be aiming for top 4? And if we are going to aim for top 4 we have other areas of the pitch that are of far more importance to cover than our 3rd choice keeper. We don't even have a back up right back or attacking mid. For me we need a rb, cb, cam, and then we should have a pretty competitive squad for next year. I get what you're saying and we need a good young keeper around 18-19 years old who will eventually replace kasper. Not sure what our keepers are currently like in the under 23s but I've not heard of any looking amazing 

Ps we also need a striker which I'm hoping will eventually be Iheanacho 

Adrien is a good signing for Leicester. Maybe not for the route 1 style of play, but to keep possession, he is a great box-to-box here in Sporting and he is our captain. Not sure how if he would adapt to the Premier League though, but he won't come cheap that I can guarantee, we are asking for £25M if I'm not mistaken.

I think sporting see us as a magic money tree...

Sporting President is hard to negotiate, but he is like that for every team that wants Sporting players.

I think Silva is already sold (and maybe Carvalho too) but he will stay in Portugal until Sporting plays Champions League, qualify because Silva has a lot of experience and he knows better is team mates and what manager wants.

Bruno Fernandes, the 9M € player Sporting bought, is a very good player too, but he is younger, don't have same experience and don't know his team mates as good as Silva.

Qualify to Champions League means a lot of money for Sporting, and also raise other Sporting players value, so is a big thing.

That's why I think Silva can leave Sporting but only after Champions League qualify.

Maybe Silva is already sold but to other Club (Spurs?), I don't know.

7 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Adrien is a good signing for Leicester. Maybe not for the route 1 style of play, but to keep possession, he is a great box-to-box here in Sporting and he is our captain. Not sure how if he would adapt to the Premier League though, but he won't come cheap that I can guarantee, we are asking for £25M if I'm not mistaken.

In this market that's two Jeff Schlupps which isn't anything to us.

Adrien is a good signing for Leicester. Maybe not for the route 1 style of play, but to keep possession, he is a great box-to-box here in Sporting and he is our captain.

You're really a Sporting fan?

A Sporting fan with that nickname?

I really doubt it.

:)

14 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

The thing with the Premier League is, it's not about keeping the ball. You get success here with high tempo.

What you need is players who use the ball positively. Yes passing the ball to your teammates is essential but it's not much use if it's going backwards.

It's all about finding the balance between getting the ball forward quickly without wasting possession. There is far too much emphasis these days on keeping the ball for no reason (see Spurs fans' comments).

8 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

You're really a Sporting fan?

A Sporting fan with that nickname?

I really doubt it.

:)

Yup I am, I know Eagle is for Benfica but yes I am a true Sporting fan. Ask me anything and you will know.

Archived