Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

of course they are 

lol 

It's almost like Everton have our previous head of recruitment.

Ndidi, Iborra, Mendy and Amartey. Do we really need another defensive midfielder?

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes please. I think our midfield needs a big overhaul. King, Mendy and Amartey can be binned. 

Starting to agree there. Always had hope that Amartey would be used as a long-term ball playing CB for us, but doesn't seem likely now, so although people could argue Mendy and himself need some more time to prove themselves, we are still overloaded with defensive CM's, so I would happily move on all 3 if it meant we could get in Silva and another CB or/and a winger if Mahrez goes. 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Starting to agree there. Always had hope that Amartey would be used as a long-term ball playing CB for us, but doesn't seem likely now, so although people could argue Mendy and himself need some more time to prove themselves, we are still overloaded with defensive CM's, so I would happily move on all 3 if it meant we could get in Silva and another CB or/and a winger if Mahrez goes. 

The way James has started pre-season, he's looking back to his best which is far more assured than anything we've seen from Mendy, King and Amartey. I haven't always been James biggest fan but if he carries on like this then Drinkwater has a massive challenge in his hands to stay top boy.

Kingy is part of the soul of the club. This isn't FIFA or FM where you go in and gut the squad out and replace with anyone with a high enough stat.

We do need a creative force though and it's interesting we've left the no.8 open, so I'd be for this. Mendy can go if he gets a good offer, easily

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The way James has started pre-season, he's looking back to his best which is far more assured than anything we've seen from Mendy, King and Amartey. I haven't always been James biggest fan but if he carries on like this then Drinkwater has a massive challenge in his hands to stay top boy.

Agree with this. I'm surprised how fit James looks, although we were over-run in the middle today. I've made my views on Amartey very clear...he's rubbish, Mendy can't get fit and King needs to be at a top Championship club imo.

The midfield needed overhauling LAST season. It still does..we've got lots of players, but still none stand out as being clearly the best.

52 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Kingy is part of the soul of the club. This isn't FIFA or FM where you go in and gut the squad out and replace with anyone with a high enough stat.

We do need a creative force though and it's interesting we've left the no.8 open, so I'd be for this. Mendy can go if he gets a good offer, easily

Yes but at the same time you progress and not let sentiment stand in the way when the player clearly has very little to offer. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Well, top boy is Ndidi now but agree! 

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Yes but at the same time you progress and not let sentiment stand in the way when the player clearly has very little to offer. 

Twenty odd appearances the year we won the League, played a large part in the great escape of 2015 and has surely learnt from his time here - what works and what doesn't. If we end up in the gloop again he'd be one of the hardest working a shovel, he's also held in very high regard by his teammates and his story has been ours of the past decade or so. Hes a squad player and just to have a down to earth lad around the squad is clearly a good influence.

It doesn't surprise me people don't want him in the first11 but as a squad member King is adequate at least. There just seems to have always been cannibals in our fanbase

1 hour ago, SpazticChicken said:

Twenty odd appearances the year we won the League, played a large part in the great escape of 2015 and has surely learnt from his time here - what works and what doesn't. If we end up in the gloop again he'd be one of the hardest working a shovel, he's also held in very high regard by his teammates and his story has been ours of the past decade or so. Hes a squad player and just to have a down to earth lad around the squad is clearly a good influence.

It doesn't surprise me people don't want him in the first11 but as a squad member King is adequate at least. There just seems to have always been cannibals in our fanbase

Keep Kingy purely on the basis he would probably be content to be 4th choice and is good enough for that role. He's effective without being spectacular, he's ahead of Amartey and Mendy for sure.

19 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Keep Kingy purely on the basis he would probably be content to be 4th choice and is good enough for that role. He's effective without being spectacular, he's ahead of Amartey and Mendy for sure.

Hopefully going off preseason the coaching staff have sat Amartey down and just told him that he needs to focus on becoming accomplished in one position and we'll train and drive him towards being good at one thing in particular for a while and not just below average in three positions.

Versatility adds balance and gives us options and needed backup but Amartey needs to develop

48 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Hopefully going off preseason the coaching staff have sat Amartey down and just told him that he needs to focus on becoming accomplished in one position and we'll train and drive him towards being good at one thing in particular for a while and not just below average in three positions.

Versatility adds balance and gives us options and needed backup but Amartey needs to develop

Agree with this. Personally I think the lad can still be useful. He's athletic. One example today when he lost the ball, ran back and won it again and played it forwards. People forget that he's still young. 

8 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I remember Nigel Pearson saying a few years back that 'we prepare for all situations'. I wonder whether that's why certain players are still at the club, incase the worst case scenario happens and we get relegated. 

If we were to get relegated, Kingy would be the least of our problems..........

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Totally agree.

If we're  ever going to go on to the next level and become a consistent champions league team we need to be ruthless with axing some from the squad.

Hamer, Benny, Amartay, Mendy, Lawrence, Ulloa and King (possibly a few more) all need to be binned and replaced with extra quality. 

We should also offer Mahrez 200 to 250k a week and doing everything in our power to keep him. 

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Totally agree.

If we're  ever going to go on to the next level and become a consistent champions league team we need to be ruthless with axing some from the squad.

Hamer, Benny, Amartay, Mendy, Lawrence, Ulloa and King (possibly a few more) all need to be binned and replaced with extra quality. 

We should also offer Mahrez 200 to 250k a week and doing everything in our power to keep him. 

Hamer is a decent 3rd keeper for now until one of the younger lads is ready,and with Mahrez willing to take a big pay cut to leave us it suggests money won't fix it and he just doesn't want to be here anymore.

Archived