Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

1 minute ago, Smiffy Fox said:

The last time I felt this underwhelmed about our transfer activity we went on to win the league. Big money signings (in our case) usually ends up in disappointment as they very rarely live up to expectations. I'm sure the club will bring in the right players. 

Precisely. And it's not like we're Burnley getting in Jon Walters for £3m as an 'underwhelming' signing, we're getting the Sevilla captain instead. Tough times to be a Leicester fan :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

No sarcasm. It's perfectly shows what I was saying at the time you posted it

Sorry. Feels like you have to have your back up on this site. The minute you have an opinion, people lose their sh!t!

43 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Precisely. And it's not like we're Burnley getting in Jon Walters for £3m as an 'underwhelming' signing, we're getting the Sevilla captain instead. Tough times to be a Leicester fan :ph34r:

But Burnley were not Premier League winners last year, and neither did they reach the quarter finals of the Champions League. Surely, that must mean that we ought to be linked with the likes of Silva?

20 minutes ago, 49er said:

But Burnley were not Premier League winners last year, and neither did they reach the quarter finals of the Champions League. Surely, that must mean that we ought to be linked with the likes of Silva?

Last summer was our chance in terms of recruitment. We missed it. We can't live in the past or we'll end up being like the Forest fans we mock. Why should we feel entitled any more than other mid-table sides now? We're no bigger than Southampton or Palace for example, should they expect to be linked to players of this calibre? Iborra will be a good signing, he's Sevilla's captain - it is a coup for us considering the lack of European football. 

Let's keep our identity and keep moving forward in the fashion we have been (last season aside) - shrewd business. And in my view, Iborra is just that.

35 minutes ago, 49er said:

No mate. 

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Why would he come to us in our current predicament?

He would of come here but he had a much better option in Tottenham.

IIRC he was on £17k a week at Sporting, he was always going to move at his age given the option to any PL club who were going to give him a 500% wage increase.

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Imagine how depressing it must be to be a professional footballer not linked with Everton this window .........

If they've not been linked with Everton or West Ham this summer its probably time to call it a day ?

So a couple of CB's (hopefully) a new midfielder albeit a defensive one who can play as a forward and a centre back as well - a new contract for our 5th choice striker and a number 10 playing forward for 25 million on his way...

Unless we are going to change our formation significantly I'm not sure I see room for a Silva or a Siggy. I think we may look at another winger if Mahrez leaves but that really doesn't look like its happening now.

On 05/07/2017 at 21:51, Devonfox1884 said:

Last summer was our chance in terms of recruitment. We missed it. We can't live in the past or we'll end up being like the Forest fans we mock. Why should we feel entitled any more than other mid-table sides now? We're no bigger than Southampton or Palace for example, should they expect to be linked to players of this calibre? Iborra will be a good signing, he's Sevilla's captain - it is a coup for us considering the lack of European football. 

Let's keep our identity and keep moving forward in the fashion we have been (last season aside) - shrewd business. And in my view, Iborra is just that.

Hang on, I get your point but we're obviously bigger than Palace.

1 hour ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

We are on par with Southampton but Palace is much smaller than us surely.

When did they win the Prem then? Too many have little Leicester complex on here. We were one of the most talked about clubs in the world 12 months ago. We have rich owners and made the quarter finals of the Champions League. What was the last thing that a Southampton or an Everton won?

We may not be nor ever will be the biggest club in England but everyone seems to forget Man City and Chelsea were not that much bigger than Leicester before their owners came in and used to regularly yo yo between the top 2 leagues like us.

14 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

When did they win the Prem then? Too many have little Leicester complex on here. We were one of the most talked about clubs in the world 12 months ago. We have rich owners and made the quarter finals of the Champions League. What was the last thing that a Southampton or an Everton won?

We may not be nor ever will be the biggest club in England but everyone seems to forget Man City and Chelsea were not that much bigger than Leicester before their owners came in and used to regularly yo yo between the top 2 leagues like us.

I agree with you on some points here. We are now a more popular club, winning the league and going well in the Champions league certainly catapulted us into a different bracket. Thing is many people think us winning the league was a fluke when the so called big clubs were in a terrible state. I personally think its a load of crap, the day we duffed up Man City at home really showed we had the quality and desire to actually win something. The owners are very rich like you say, we are being linked and signing a better calibre of player which is what we should of done straight after the league triumph. I would class Leicester as a mid sized premier league club we are not on the scale of Man City, Chelsea etc yet. I really like you ambition, in the future who knows, the Thai's mean business I know that for a fact. 

Archived