Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JP the Fox

Gray not starting or playing much for ENG Under 21's?!

So last two games in the U21 Euros Demi has only made two sub appearance against Sweden culminating in about 25 minutes of action. In the first game Jacob/Josh (One of them) Murphy was preferred by Aidy Boothroyd Murphy, who in my (slightly biased) opinion is half the player Gray is.

And in the game tonight against Slovakia Swift (FROM FOOKIN READING) Was starting ahead of Gray and was finally subbed for Demi for the final 10 minutes.

Demi had started pretty much every under 21 game in the past year leading up to the tournament. So why isn't he playing as much now? 

I have had my slight doubts about Gray's possible lack of effort and drive and maybe Boothroyd has seen this in training? 

More worryingly could this be Aidy Boothroyd telling Gray that he needs more playtime at Leicester or else he won't be picked? 

Sorry for the rant but just realised how odd it is that he isn't playing.

ION Ben Chillwell has been having a quality tournament so far (apart from the pen against the Svedes) Hard decision who to play left back come August for Shakey. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

In fairness to Boothroyd... Gray has looked ****ing dreadful in his 25 mins.

Haha that's what i'm saying about his work ethic. Maybe he's learnt the wrong type of Mahrez-esque traits from Riyad? ?

Just now, JP the Fox said:

Haha that's what i'm saying about his work ethic. Maybe he's learnt the wrong type of Mahrez-esque traits from Riyad? ?

But Riyad tries to create and get on the ball. The game against Sweden he came on for 25 mins and I'm not sure he even touched the ball. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

But Riyad tries to create and get on the ball. The game against Sweden he came on for 25 mins and I'm not sure he even touched the ball. 

TBF it seems Boothroyd's tactics are Hoof the ball. Wait for opposition to recover it. Win it back. Hoof the ball again...etc.

We do hype Gray up a bit to much I think. He clearly has talent and he is very gifted when dribbling with the ball, however his decision making and final pass or shooting is pretty meh. I think he is very similar to Traore at Boro, no end product

1 minute ago, Spicer said:

We do hype Gray up a bit to much I think. He clearly has talent and he is very gifted when dribbling with the ball, however his decision making and final pass or shooting is pretty meh. I think he is very similar to Traore at Boro, no end product

Part of me feels like he still isn't 100% wether he wants to play LW/RW/CAM or even fookin striker

34 minutes ago, JP the Fox said:

So last two games in the U21 Euros Demi has only made two sub appearance against Sweden culminating in about 25 minutes of action. In the first game Jacob/Josh (One of them) Murphy was preferred by Aidy Boothroyd Murphy, who in my (slightly biased) opinion is half the player Gray is.

And in the game tonight against Slovakia Swift (FROM FOOKIN READING) Was starting ahead of Gray and was finally subbed for Demi for the final 10 minutes.

Demi had started pretty much every under 21 game in the past year leading up to the tournament. So why isn't he playing as much now? 

I have had my slight doubts about Gray's possible lack of effort and drive and maybe Boothroyd has seen this in training? 

More worryingly could this be Aidy Boothroyd telling Gray that he needs more playtime at Leicester or else he won't be picked? 

Sorry for the rant but just realised how odd it is that he isn't playing.

ION Ben Chillwell has been having a quality tournament so far (apart from the pen against the Svedes) Hard decision who to play left back come August for Shakey. 

At this moment in time theres better players ahead of him. Simple.

He just dosent seem to have the drive to get himself to the next level. As he's only 20 he could go down 2 paths. Work extremely hard and be one of the best players in league; or, be one of those average English wingers who are quick but don't have a end product ala Walcott, Chamberlain etc. 

He was woeful today. We broke and it was 2 on 2, he could've simply squared it to Abraham. Tried to take his man on and the guy didn't need to put much of a tackle in.

I think the attention has gone to his head.

Linked with Liverpool, he thinks he's better than he is.

Undoubtedly he's talented, but you need to put the work in. Ronaldo is the prime example of that.

Gray has also gotten even less playing time for us under Shakey than Claudio.

Maybe he's just not that good? (And some people want Kapi in as well ffs lol)

Although Boothroyd appears clueless so might not be worth judging him on U21s...

I'll let Shakey/Apples/whoever do the judging in preseason. Not against selling Gray if we can get a replacement.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Gray has also gotten even less playing time for us under Shakey than Claudio.

Maybe he's just not that good? (And some people want Kapi in as well ffs lol)

Although Boothroyd appears clueless so might not be worth judging him on U21s...

I'll let Shakey/Apples/whoever do the judging in preseason. Not against selling Gray if we can get a replacement.

If we could get get in the region of £20m then I'd sell also. 

49 minutes ago, Spicer said:

He's got more end product than Traore! He basically has none!

Next season is a bit of a make or break for Gray. As usual, some of the forum has bigged him up to be Ronaldo, when he ain't. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If we could get get in the region of £20m then I'd sell also. 

No one's going to pay 20m for Gray. Hasn't proved enough in the PL. Even with the english player tax I'd probably take 14m+

Archived