Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JP the Fox

Gray not starting or playing much for ENG Under 21's?!

I do wonder if there's something wrong with him attitude wise. OK he shouldn't be starting every game but despite his ability he always seems to get less time than you would imagine he should.

I think he's in real danger of his career petering out to mediocrity.

Unfortunately he is a typical English winger that believes his own hype too much, there was been so many in the past 10 years that have bags of potential and nothing comes from it, people saying he must sulk like Mahrez in training? There isn't many better according to other players. He needs to get his head down or he will spend another season on the bench. 

18 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Hopefully his career doesn't turn to mediocrity but I think it's a real possibility.

I can't understand why his coaches haven't drummed into him it's a team game. 

He's relatively lazy and selfish, doesn't seem to read the game. Immensely talented, but needs a guiding hand from somewhere or he will drift down the pecking order everywhere he goes. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

He was woeful today. We broke and it was 2 on 2, he could've simply squared it to Abraham. Tried to take his man on and the guy didn't need to put much of a tackle in.

I think the attention has gone to his head.

Linked with Liverpool, he thinks he's better than he is.

Undoubtedly he's talented, but you need to put the work in. Ronaldo is the prime example of that.

That was shocking especially as Tammy Abraham (who had a cracking game) had played a lovley unselfish ball into him to start the move and Gray completely ignored him. Even on Sunday Leauge that's a no no. Tammy Abraham looked absolutely livid and rightly so.

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I wouldn't read too much into him not getting picked last summer in the euros Deschamps was picking Moussa Sissoko ahead of a certain small ex Leicester midfielder and look how that turned out.

But Kantè was doing the business for Leicester and everyone knew he was a super talent. Gray hasn't had a good game sinc Derby (h) ? 

1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

Hate to say, it but he's still not showing development in his distribution in the final third. I'd sell for £22m. 

He's shown little to warrant that kind of price tag. 

10 hours ago, JP the Fox said:

And in the game tonight against Slovakia Swift (FROM FOOKIN READING) Was starting ahead of Gray and was finally subbed for Demi for the final 10 minutes.

Selecting international players just because they play for bigger clubs has served England so poorly for years now.

Shouldn't matter what club a player plays for.  

What should matter is that they are good enough and fit the system.

Leicester City fans, of all people, should appreciate this.

Have you forgotten "two games" Wilshere getting selected ahead of red hot in-form Drinkwater last summer?

Big club, schmig club...

The lad is 20 years old! Lay off him!

Nobody here knows why he's not been selected but he's already been hung drawn and quartered as a lazy waste of space with a massive attitude problem.

Why not feel proud we have players representing Leicester at international level and be right behind them and see him for the talent he is. 

You don't get tracked by teams like Liverpool  or Spurs ect if your a waste of space.

Give the lad a break. 

17 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Nobody here knows why he's not been selected but he's already been hung drawn and quartered as a lazy waste of space with a massive attitude problem.

Why not feel proud we have players representing Leicester at international level and be right behind them and see him for the talent he is. 

You don't get tracked by teams like Liverpool  or Spurs ect if your a waste of space.

Give the lad a break. 

Equally, you can rightly expect him to make an impression at U21 level. When a lad from Reading gets in ahead of him, it's only natural that people question his ability.

Obviously I'm guessing most of our fans haven't seen enough of his direct rival to know how good he is, but Gray has been here for 1½ years now and he hasn't progressed significantly despite a good number of appearances.

With Mahrez likely leaving this summer, now is the time for Gray to step up and make his mark. This tournament should provide the perfect platform to kick on.

28 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Give the lad a break. 

This is the issue I have, he's obsessed with scoring 'worldies' from outside the box (which are dreadful % wise for most players, hence an awful XG expected goals), rather than feeding team mates in better positions/play 1-2's. However at 20, he could still learn, but he might be well be too stubborn to restyle his game.

9 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

This is the issue I have, he's obsessed with scoring 'worldies' from outside the box (which are dreadful % wise for most players, hence an awful XG expected goals), rather than feeding team mates in better positions/play 1-2's. However at 20, he could still learn, but he might be well be too stubborn to restyle his game.

Much better player on the right getting crosses in, IMO

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Much better player on the right getting crosses in, IMO

Tbf his crossing's good, maybe tell him to literally play on the line, beat his man and whip it in - e.g. Albrighton/Ohhh Tommy Wright ?

He's got Nathan Redmond in front of him for U21 who is definitely a better player.

I don't know much about Swift on the other side but apparently he had a decent season at Reading who finished 3rd and scored 8 goals and got 4 assists so they are no slouches.

1 minute ago, dominicmsb said:

He's got Nathan Redmond in front of him for U21 who is definitely a better player.

I don't know much about Swift on the other side but apparently he had a decent season at Reading who finished 3rd and scored 8 goals and got 4 assists so they are no slouches.

Swift isn't even a wide player, he's a CAM. But he gets ahead of Gray in a RM position. 

Archived