Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Wildlife and Gardens Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite that warm weather we've had an abundance of stuff this year ...     loads of grapes to make grape juice, lovely sharp tangy apples for us and the chickens, plenty of chili's and a pile of aubergines ...     didn't bother with pics of all the other stuff as it looks quite boring ...     :)

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Despite that warm weather we've had an abundance of stuff this year ...     loads of grapes to make grape juice, lovely sharp tangy apples for us and the chickens, plenty of chili's and a pile of aubergines ...     didn't bother with pics of all the other stuff as it looks quite boring ...     :)

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

Are those apples Discovery?

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

My chilli plant looks the same as yours.   Eating tomatoes like its cereal,  too many! But freshness is fantastic.

This was how it looked an hour or two ago ...  then it was soup ...  and I had it with a crusty roll for lunch ...   I'm starting to look like a fookin tomato now !!

IMG_1218.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Growing cherry tomatoes this year and found a twin!

20180909_213615.jpg

I smell a rat Jat :ph34r:

You've told us you're of the brown skinned variety and those are clearly white man fingers :whistle:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I smell a rat Jat :ph34r:

You've told us you're of the brown skinned variety and those are clearly white man fingers :whistle:

Lol thats the side pink part of my finger amd lighting doesnt help. Again half english, half sikh so im lighter then my brown folk but definitely darker then my white side. Kinda like a ronaldo colour or darker? Lol

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/09/2018 at 11:42, Webbo said:

Got back of holiday early this morning. I've been away week and looking at my lawn there are loads of thick clumps of mushrooms,some flathead, some round. Any idea how to get rid?

Should be fairly straightforward ...   rake them out when they appear and keep the grass well aerated (stick a fork all over it) ...   keep raking and fluffing up the grass every week or so.   That should do it, but if they are persistent we might have to use a ‘product’    If you get fairy rings ..  when the mushrooms are growing where a tree used to be then that can be more of a problem ..   they feed off the decomposing roots of the tree ..  that can take a year or two.   Let me know how you get on ...   good luck.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Talking of mushrooms  ...   @Buce have you seen any puffballs about ? ...   I know they are a bit late this year but I haven’t seen any ...   was looking forward to frying a few slices and having them on toast for breakfast ...    :(

Not spotted any Blue legs muggies about this year either. Like you, love these on toast for breakfast. 

• Like 1

On 02/10/2018 at 13:22, Countryfox said:

Talking of mushrooms  ...   @Buce have you seen any puffballs about ? ...   I know they are a bit late this year but I haven’t seen any ...   was looking forward to frying a few slices and having them on toast for breakfast ...    :(

Not locally, mate - I think the hot, dry Summer was probably not to the liking of fungi. I found a decent few in Wales a couple of weeks back, though.