Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

Just now, Sir Shep said:

I'm not saying I have or know the right answer to this, but changing the formation and playing 3 in midfield may help. It's like we are winging it which of cause makes us look clueless. 

He actually DOESN'T HAVE the men for a midfield three. How is that difficult to understand?

On 30/07/2017 at 10:59, Gerard said:

I personally wouldn't have gave him the job in the first place which I said at the time. I just thought this was a good opportunity for us to go in a different direction and bring in a new man with different ideas and no loyalties to the current squad.

However it's far too early to get on Shakey's back just because we lost to a Championship side in a friendly. If we sign Maguire and Iheanacho then that's an upgrade on what we have and to keep progressing you have to sign players better than what you already have.

I'm still not sure Iborra will be anything but an average buy unless he has a specific role in mind for him. If he come here to play in a midfield two then I don't think he improves us at all in an area we're already loaded in with decent players. If he plays in a midfield three as the holding player I think that might his niche.

I said that in pre season and still stand by all of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Can't believe how much of you are calling for his head after 5 games and a decimated midfield. 

Decimated midfield is irrelevant, he should have switched to a 4-5-1 formation, period.

When your frontmen make a living off scraps while the opposition have relentless attempts at your goal, you know your system is broken and that they have sussed you out so badly.

Any decent coach would write this shit 4-2-2-2 off and switch to a packed five-men midfield with one of Vardy/Slimani upfront.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DelBoy73 said:

Decimated midfield is irrelevant, he should have switched to a 4-5-1 formation, period.

When your frontmen make a living off scraps while the opposition have relentless attempts at your goal, you know your system is broken and that they have sussed you out so badly.

Any decent coach would write this shit 4-2-2-2 off and switch to a packed five-men midfield with one of Vardy/Slimani upfront.

With who in the midfield?

Edited by ZeGuy

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

With who in the midfield?

A classic Diamond midfield :

King

Mahrez     - Ndiddy - Albrigthon

Nachoman

Would work with proper instructions given to King, Ndiddy and Nacho.

Edited by DelBoy73

Just now, DelBoy73 said:

A classic Diamond midfield :

King

Mahrez     - Ndiddy - Albrigthon

Nachoman

Would work with proper instructions given to King, Ndiddy and Nacho.

Diamond with no overlapping full backs? Good luck with that. They'll kill you through the wings. Especially with Chilly (who I really like) on the left.

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Diamond with no overlapping full backs? Good luck with that. They'll kill you through the wings. Especially with Chilly (who I really like) on the left.

You don't know what you are talking about.

First of all, the fact that Chilwell & Simpson hardly overlap ensure they never get caught out of position.

Secondly, with King sitting deep in front of the back four, makes sure he cuts the passing lines during any break.

Edited by DelBoy73

2 minutes ago, DelBoy73 said:

You don't know what you are talking about.

First of all, the fact that Chilwell & Simpson hardly overlap ensure they never get caught out of position.

Secondly, with King sitting deep in front of the back four, makes sure he cuts the passing lines during any outbreak.

You seem to not know much more than me either. You can't play a diamond without attacking fullbacks. Your midfield is too narrow. Hint: Southampton away last season 4-4-2 diamond, 3-0 loss.

Edited by ZeGuy

15 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He actually DOESN'T HAVE the men for a midfield three. How is that difficult to understand?

Why are you such a patronising tit? And it's quite easy to put 3 in midfield but I guess you're too clueless to see that, go support another team I'd suggest. 

I'll give Shaky until the end of October to show his current worth. If by that point he isn't utilising our best players, isn't making the right substitutions and isn't adapting our game tactically then I think we will have to look at the situation very closely. Until then, let's just crack on. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Why are you such a patronising tit? And it's quite easy to put 3 in midfield but I guess you're too clueless to see that, go support another team I'd suggest. 

lol FT at its finest.

Tell me who you're going to put in a 4-5-1 when Iborra might not be fit for a full game. Or is Shakey that dumb?

Edited by ZeGuy

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

lol FT at its finest.

Tell me who you're going to put in a 4-5-1 when Iborra might not be fit for a full game. Or is Shakey that dumb?

I thought I said a midfield 3 but I guess you're too far up your own arse mr know it all. Funny how a lot of posters on here think you're a twat. 

Oh oh and as it's not working perhaps we should just play Ndidi, Armartey and Mahrez. 

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I'll give Shaky until the end of October to show his current worth. If by that point he isn't utilising our best players, isn't making the right substitutions and isn't adapting our game tactically then I think we will have to look at the situation very closely. Until then, let's just crack on. 

5 games gone it would be nonsense if we got rid so soon give the man a chance I believe in Shakey and he will turn it around. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Shep said:

I thought I said a midfield 3 but I guess you're too far up your own arse mr know it all. Funny how a lot of posters on here think you're a twat. 

Oh oh and as it's not working perhaps we should just play Ndidi, Armartey and Mahrez. 

Not here for a popularity contest. I like the team, support it and give my opinion. Couldn't care less about what you or others might think of me. Even more so on Internet and with someone who just puts personal insults at every post.

Yeah ndidi, Amartey and Mahrez. Bang on the money.

Now if you don't mind, I think that this conversation is over and wish you a good evening.

Just now, chicagofox said:

What is that based on?

Maybe cus of how he changed things round after the Don left ...   All the experience he has gained under 2 good managers...   The fact England rated him ....   And the fact he still hasn't got all his players available ...

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

You seem to not know much more than me either. You can't play a diamond without attacking fullbacks. Your midfield is too narrow. Hint: Southampton away last season 4-4-2 diamond, 3-0 loss.

Well, i'm 43y old and been playing soccer till my late college years, i think i have enough knowledge to not look like speaking out of my arse when i give an input.

If you think that our two-men midfield stands a better chance at being impermeable than a diamond of five men, then you are a lost cause.

• Like 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

Maybe cus of how he changed things round after the Don left ...   All the experience he has gained under 2 good managers...   The fact England rated him ....   And the fact he still hasn't got all his players available ...

ah yes you mean the five initial games, how many has he won since the new manager bounce wore off?

game after game people on here moan about the same failings and he does nothing to correct that