Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

Yes, sure he will be.

He has experimented quite a bit thus far, and will, knowing him, analyse many things of the past friendlies and implement plans for steady improvement prior to the season commencing.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

Maybe. No one knows. The season's not started yet!

Ranieri deserved the extended spell he got to try and turn things around, after having led us to the title.

Shakey now deserves a decent spell at being a manager, after having saved us from relegation.

Have faith in the owners.

Too one dimensional,can't see him lasting till Christmas and we will struggle due to lack of ambition,current squad = eventual relegation,at the moment we are looking Blackburn Rovers.Overhaul needed.

Edited by elvisfmcfly
Terry Nutkins
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

Personally, at the end of the season, once it was confirmed we were safe, we looked pretty spineless, especially in that Spurs game. After a few disappointing performances, gathered, in pre-season, are you 100% sure of the tactics being used or do you have faith? For me, it's tell tale signs of a honeymoon period for a manager, which ultimately kept us last year, but afterwards, it just goes all wrong. I hope I'm judging these signs wrong but I'm just curious to see what other peoples opinions are.

You are not allowed to be circumspect on social media, bad person. You have to go along with the prevailing opinion or be positive at all times. And and you are never, ever allowed to suggest that our manager is a limited soul who has a restricted approach to matches and is now a part of the second successive pre-season of piss poor squad development.

For shame on you for being part of such a thing.

Me? It's clear Creg is the best manager we could have appointed and has done better in transfers than anybody else would have managed. I can't wait for the new season to kick off - we're going to win everything. Yey \o/

• Haha 2

I had my doubts about Ranieri this time last season, in fact I had my doubts about Ranieri towards the end of 15/16.  Now there's doubts and there's doubts so what's wrong with opening up a discussion about those they may have those doubts about Shakespeare?

i worry that if the players gave 50% today, that was a total disrespect of the manager and that's a problem. I'm concerned the players are a tight net group that think they have the power to do whatever they like, that in some respects, they're bigger than Leicester city and Shakespeare, after all they may have got rid of the last manager, they could do it again.

I also think, if you don't like the thread I don't think you should comment tbh, what's the point, it's a discussion forum isn't it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

One dimension,will be sacked before Christmas and we will struggle due to lack of ambition,current squad = eventual relegation 

Pre season 4 games played in a week + a extremely long haul flight playing in conditions far testing  due to heat and humidity than anything we will face this season. The season will not be determined by a few friendly results and the evidence is there to suggest Shakey has been involved with a few successful pre seasons during his time here so has an idea what to do. Every chance new signings will be coming in including one of the hottest young strikers around so lets not get to down hearted as for the dicing with relegation gloom in my 50 + years we have hardly ever spent time in the top flight where we were not involved in a relegation fight even when we won the league many had us tipped for the drop

4 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

10/1 to get sacked first 

hope I'm wrong 

but that looks massively over priced right now 

Seems a fair price, our owners have shown they seem to give managers a fair crack. Sousa and the Pearson sacking/reappointing saga aside.

6 hours ago, katieakita said:

Pre season 4 games played in a week + a extremely long haul flight playing in conditions far testing  due to heat and humidity than anything we will face this season. The season will not be determined by a few friendly results and the evidence is there to suggest Shakey has been involved with a few successful pre seasons during his time here so has an idea what to do. Every chance new signings will be coming in including one of the hottest young strikers around so lets not get to down hearted as for the dicing with relegation gloom in my 50 + years we have hardly ever spent time in the top flight where we were not involved in a relegation fight even when we won the league many had us tipped for the drop

Absolutely no links to any new signings,championship sides with more ambition than our owners now,who have stated there will be no big money signings we will 100% be near the bottom this season.Rob Kelly 2.0.I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by elvisfmcfly
Floela Benjamin
  • Like 1

Wow, surely this is a new low even for FoxesTalk. It's Pre Season FFS. The games you mention at the end of last season, how many players did we have out? What were we playing for? If the Lino hadn't incorrectly ruled out Vardys winner against Bournemouth we would have finished 8th, after all the shit we went through at the start of the season.

We have added to the squad in all the right areas CM, CB hopefully a goal scorer to follow soon.

Yes we still need a number 10 and a RB, but the window is still open for another month.

• Like 3

I never wanted him because he would continue our disgusting approach to playing football. I'm not after Tika Taka because I find that quite boring too, but the stuff we do is so hard to take to, it'd be nice to find a balance.

There are players in lower league teams with less talented players who play better football than we do. It might not be best suited to our players but it certainly can't be a case of them not having the capability of passing the ball with the slighest bit of composure. You get the odd appointment in the football league where a foriegn manager comes in and introduces a possession based style to a team you wouldn't associate such a style with (Huddersfield/Wagner spring immediately to mind), and look where thats got them.

57 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Yes, sure he will be.

He has experimented quite a bit thus far, and will, knowing him, analyse many things of the past friendlies and implement plans for steady improvement prior to the season commencing.

he's experimented?

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Wow, surely this is a new low even for FoxesTalk. It's Pre Season FFS. The games you mention at the end of last season, how many players did we have out? What were we playing for? If the Lino hadn't incorrectly ruled out Vardys winner against Bournemouth we would have finished 8th, after all the shit we went through at the start of the season.

We have added to the squad in all the right areas CM, CB hopefully a goal scorer to follow soon.

Yes we still need a number 10 and a RB, but the window is still open for another month.

I don't think this is a quick judgement, the fan base was split on keeping him at the end of last season and he hasn't shown anything to convince the doubters, no tactical shift or change in philosophy is bound to have people worried

• Like 1