Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

Thankfully our owners aren't quite as trigger happy as the flannels on here and will give him a bit of time. 

We're clearly still searching for our best team, no manager can magic up a couple of quality centre midfielders, sadly. People prayed for Iborra and Kelechi to come in- What happened last night? It was a disaster! If he plays 3 in the middle that leaves Vardy even more exposed up top leaving Slimani and Kelechi both on the bench. Silva potentially bridges that gap, but is it Shakey's fault our admin are a shambles?

His subs were spot on last night, they changed the game and to be honest if people don't understand the King substitution then there's no point having a discussion with them, because they clearly don't know football. I actually think we're eventually going to see something like the team that finished the game from the outset in the coming weeks.

Have a bit of faith.

11 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Thankfully our owners aren't quite as trigger happy as the flannels on here and will give him a bit of time. 

We're clearly still searching for our best team, no manager can magic up a couple of quality centre midfielders, sadly. People prayed for Iborra and Kelechi to come in- What happened last night? It was a disaster! If he plays 3 in the middle that leaves Vardy even more exposed up top leaving Slimani and Kelechi both on the bench. Silva potentially bridges that gap, but is it Shakey's fault our admin are a shambles?

His subs were spot on last night, they changed the game and to be honest if people don't understand the King substitution then there's no point having a discussion with them, because they clearly don't know football. I actually think we're eventually going to see something like the team that finished the game from the outset in the coming weeks.

Have a bit of faith.

Do tell us about the king sub then.to get more time added on? Does that even work? 

4 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Get Ronald Koeman in when he’s sacked 

Surely we've blown enough money without this?

I feel for the bloke, imaging trying to get a midfield out there and having to look at Ndidi, Iborra and King, none of them are the required standard and that's all he has got, The shambles behind the scenes and the recruitment which has been a joke should be where we change things first.

Guest BlueBrett

Something has to change and sharpish. I don't think I could handle hearing a bunch of smug spuds et. al.  mocking us with chants of 'YOU'RE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, THE CHAMPIONSHIP OF ENGLAND'. It would just be the most excruciating nostalgia eroding memory terrorism imaginable and must be avoided AT ALL COSTS!

1 hour ago, blueharmie said:

Do tell us about the king sub then.to get more time added on? Does that even work? 

N'didi and in particular Iborra were absolutely out on their feet, he could barely break into a jog let alone challenge for the ball etc. So it was necessary to bring fresh legs on in the middle because Iborra wasn't / couldn't do it at that stage..

It's absolutely no good throwing another attacker on if there's no one in the middle to at least challenge for the ball

Edited by walkerleeds

47 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

N'didi and in particular Iborra were absolutely out on their feet, he could barely break into a jog let alone challenge for the ball etc. So it was necessary to bring fresh legs on in the middle because Iborra wasn't / couldn't do it at that stage..

It's absolutely no good throwing another attacker on if there's no one in the middle to at least challenge for the ball

Thanks Craig, that explains everything.

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If we win on Saturday against Swansea, then you'd have to say yes, he is still the right man

If fact, if we beat Swansea, Leeds and then Everton at home (which is not un realistic, in terms of who those teams are and their current form) then that would actually constitute a decent first ten league results and start in the cup.

Guest BlueBrett
1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

If fact, if we beat Swansea, Leeds and then Everton at home (which is not un realistic, in terms of who those teams are and their current form) then that would actually constitute a decent first ten league results and start in the cup.

Would it? 12 points from ten games doesn't seem all that decent when all the talk pre-season was about a top 7/8 finish

7 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

If that was actually the case would it not be an idea to do it like 15 minutes earlier, or did he think tiredness struck suddenly at 93 minutes and they couldn't possibly make it through?

Well I thought with the personnel on the pitch at the time we looked like getting the winner immediately after the equaliser to be honest. It was only entering injury time we lost any sort of control in the middle of the park due to Iborra completely gassing. 

It potentially would have only taken one tackle / interception from the fresher legs to make the difference. Just how I saw it anyway.

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Well yes if we win all our games he probably is the right man.

I'd fairly confidently bet they all have a better recent record than our 3 wins in 13

I'm a certain as I can be without someone actually confirming this that the reason we didn't get a different manager is because the owners were insistent that Shakespeare be retained as assistant, but that would be a recipe for disaster as the players pet bid barrier would be there waiting in the back ground.

Shakespeare, Rudkin and Stowell (Kasper needs a proper coach) all need to be shown the door with a completely new football hierarchy brought in

• 3 months later...
On 16/09/2017 at 17:54, AylestoneRaider said:

It might be too early to judge Shakey, but one thing fans really don't warm to is negativity. We have a squad including a lot of class/ exciting players, but I tend to feel flat when I look at his team selections.

On another note, it's ok to concede control of the game when you play the top teams, but vs Hudds I think we need to get on the ball more and get our attacking players into the game. This requires some tactical flexibility.

I hope he turns it around, but I'm genuinely concerned that he's not the man to get us playing exciting football. That is what we we should be playing with the squad he has at his disposal!

Maybe a bit knee-jerk, time will tell...

Can we safely say that Puel is far more suited to taking us forward than Shakey was? I’m quite proud of my post above - given the benefit of hindsight! I’m very often wrong, but I reckon I called this one!

Shouldn't have took the job on.

The sacking has, perhaps, tainted his time at the end slightly at the club - but his overall respected reputation as a coach/assistant, especially under Pearson and Ranieri, won't be.

• Like 1