Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

He's worshiped by the players in training. Fair to say that admiration would have started when he was a coach.

He's as laid back as he comes across and not had too crack the whip yet.

If it proves he wasn't quiet right to step up, I can't see him moving back again. Result is we have lost a great coach and any coaching continuity that we have thrived on.

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

how much money will the owners spend when the manager is still picking the players of 3 years ago and their signings sit on the bench, if then even make that?

Except he isn't is he, more complete tosh aimed at the manager. You want Musa playing? Amartey? Tell me who is mean to be playing exactly who hasn't been injured or clearly isn't fit yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Southampton finished 7th and then 6th (?). Mainly because they lost good players but got in better players and had two superb managers in that time in Pochettino and Koeman. 

1st - 6th is probably settled but top 10 isn't impossible consistently. Stoke finished 9th for three years running.

So midtable then.

How is the superb Koeman doing at Everton? Their fans are about to turn on

him after spending a fortune.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So midtable then.

How is the superb Koeman doing at Everton? Their fans are about to turn on

him after spending a fortune.

How is 9th mid table?

Anyway I was talking about his Southampton days, not Everton. Everton fans turn quickly anyway. 

Start of season stats for you to mull over...

Shakespeare: Played 4 - Won 1 and Lost 3 (Next 6 games: Huddersfield A, Liverpool H, Bournemouth A, West Brom H , Swansea A and Everton H) 

Ranieri: Played 4 - Won 1 (Swansea), Drew 1 (Arsenal) and Lost 2 (Hull and Liverpool). Then we took 8 points from the next 6 games: Burnley, Man U, Southampton, Chelsea, Palace and Tottenham.

Verdict - No improvement so far. How many points would you expect us to have after 10 games? If it is less than 12, surely we'll have to make a change? 

Edited by ben_lcfc

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

How is 9th mid table?

Anyway I was talking about his Southampton days, not Everton. Everton fans turn quickly anyway. 

I'm going to ask why 9th isn't midtable? Because if you don't think it is then that means you only think one team a year is midtable in 10th.

I consider anything from 7th to 14th

midtable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm going to ask why 9th isn't midtable? Because if you don't think it is then that means you only think one team a year is midtable in 10th.

I consider anything from 7th to 14th

midtable.

I consider 10th - 14th mid table. So it depends how people perceive I guess. 

15 minutes ago, ben_lcfc said:

Shakespeare: Played 4 - Won 1 and Lost 3 (Next 6 games: Huddersfield A, Liverpool H, Bournemouth A, West Brom H , Swansea A and Everton H) 

Ranieri: Played 4 - Won 1 (Swansea), Drew 1 (Arsenal) and Lost 2 (Hull and Liverpool). Then we took 8 points from the next 6 games: Burnley, Man U, Southampton, Chelsea, Palace and Tottenham.

Verdict - No improvement so far. How many points would you expect us to have after 10 games? If it is less than 12, surely we'll have to make a change? 

Verdict- you're talking nonsense.

14 minutes ago, ben_lcfc said:

Shakespeare has no midfield worth anything. He's lost to Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd. 2 of them away. Against Brighton we looked massively superior to them and they just beat WBA. 

Iheanacho and Iborra are getting match fit and will be starting soon. Silva is in legal trouble. Dragovic will get 90 minutes v Liverpool in the cup so we will see what he's made of.

This squad is is good.  We just need all our players available.

5 minutes ago, ben_lcfc said:

Verdict - Do you see progress then? 

3 of the 4 we have played include Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea in which our performances have been far more encouraging than those last year. We look like a good team who will trouble many of those we will face in the league. Our signings have been far more encouraging and I'm looking forward to a good year. I'll read little into the first few weeks, I genuinely believe Shakespeare will be the right man for the club on and off the pitch and that has been echoed in players sentiments, which will do for me.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ben_lcfc said:

Really? After 4 games? We have played three of the top 6 and with a bit of luck could have nicked something in each one.

Unbelievalbe that this is even mentioned.

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

3 of the 4 we have played include Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea in which our performances have been far more encouraging than those last year. We look like a good team who will trouble many of those we will face in the league. Our signings have been far more encouraging and I'm looking forward to a good year. I'll read little into the first few weeks, I genuinely believe Shakespeare will be the right man for the club on and off the pitch and that has been echoed in players sentiments, which will do for me.

A nice positive and optimistic post!!! I like it x

48 minutes ago, ben_lcfc said:

Huddersfield A = 3 points 

Liverpool H = 3 points 

Bournemouth A = 3 points

West Brom H = 3 points

Swansea A = 3 points

Everton H = 3 points

I expect 18 points therefore no change.