Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Well you are hardly going to want to start Gray over Mahrez ....

Well, actually I want to start them both, gray improved defensively this year and mahrez being a bad defender is a myth.

People are taking Marc as the standard for how good a winger should be defensively, which is unfair because he is one of the best in the world.

Its just this simply, the bigger the threat you are demonstrating going forward, the less likely the other team is willing to risk attacking you, you just gotta attack them non-stop and they will not have the time to attack back. Just like a boxer cornering another boxer, the fullbacks will think twice before they overlap if they see gray and mahrez camping in their area.

I am yet to be convinced. In the summer I thought that Shakey and the coaching team should be kept but with a high profile manager brought in.

Now he has the job he should have time to show whether he can adapt from being a number 2 to becoming the boss. He is learning on the job. To play the teams we have has been a very tough start. We have performed well without the results, other than Brighton,which,ironically, was a lacklustre performance.

Other than Liverpool we have a run of games which should provide better results.

I doubt that the owners are prone to kneejerk reactions and,even if results don't go our way, he will be allowed time to show what he is capable of.

I am glad Woy is now employed but that still leaves the possibility of Big Sam should Shakey fail. I hope he succeeds!

I agree

1 hour ago, dedlock said:

I am yet to be convinced. In the summer I thought that Shakey and the coaching team should be kept but with a high profile manager brought in.

Now he has the job he should have time to show whether he can adapt from being a number 2 to becoming the boss. He is learning on the job. To play the teams we have has been a very tough start. We have performed well without the results, other than Brighton,which,ironically, was a lacklustre performance.

Other than Liverpool we have a run of games which should provide better results.

I doubt that the owners are prone to kneejerk reactions and,even if results don't go our way, he will be allowed time to show what he is capable of.

I am glad Woy is now employed but that still leaves the possibility of Big Sam should Shakey fail. I hope he succeeds!

I agree with deadloc. He should have been kept on along with his staff to hand over the keys to someone with a higher profile and greater knowledge at this level. I know there will be the usual posts saying ok then who? But money talks and let's face the club via the owners do have it. Whatever happens this season I doubt he will still be manager next season if we just scrape along and survive ( which is what I believe we will do ) The winning of the league was never going to open magic doors to lasting success and most of us knew that, but settling for a backroom coach was never going to push us forward. I just hope that post-Shakespear we haven't slipped too far off the radar to attract someone who can truly take us to the next level.

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm afraid I honestly think if we lose tomorrow, Shakey's days will start to be numbered. It would probably put us bottom three and would be a psychological killer blow.

To maintain some sort of status quo, we need at least to not lose tomorrow 

Imo.

The task is even trickier to pull off with Moss in charge.

The number of people on here confident of a win baffles me.  The bloke is a total liability when it comes to "officiating" our games.

33 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm afraid I honestly think if we lose tomorrow, Shakey's days will start to be numbered. It would probably put us bottom three and would be a psychological killer blow.

To maintain some sort of status quo, we need at least to not lose tomorrow 

Imo.

Change the formation and play good football and I will look past the defeat. Play 4-4-2 and lose, it will be a lot different.

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Feature with Shakey just coming up on Football Focus ... interesting to hear what he has to say.i

He's always comes across as very down-to-earth with his views on certain aspects he gets asked, never sounds bitter etc and seems like a cool-headed character.

In some ways, like Ranieri was and how he comes across makes you think that he knows what's what and that things will turnaround under him given some patience.

I still have my doubts, can't help it (although I wasn't a big Pearson fan at first either). I think if we play poorly, or make stupid subs etc today and lose then I think it's fair to say I won't be too bothered if a change is made. I just hope we don't chuff it up today as I really do want him to be a success. 

• Like 1

Giving a novice his first job in the Premier League is asking an awful lot. The fact it took so long to actually appoint him suggests the people in charge weren't convinced and decided, eventually, to keep things as they were.

I felt he was the right man to take us until the end of the season because he knew the players and could galvanise them. Then we look for an experienced manager to take full control. Nothing so far has changed my view.