Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

League 1 & League 2 thread 2017/2018

Anyone hear about the Walsall fan who thought the hotels in Portsmouth were too expensive so searched for one out of town. Found one 11 miles away and thought great, just need to catch the bus so booked it. It was on the Isle of Wight lollol

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Anyone hear about the Walsall fan who thought the hotels in Portsmouth were too expensive so searched for one out of town. Found one 11 miles away and thought great, just need to catch the bus so booked it. It was on the Isle of Wight lollol

pretty easy to just get the boat isn't it? probably a great idea tbf. 

31 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

pretty easy to just get the boat isn't it? probably a great idea tbf. 

Ferry takes ages, and when you add taxis and/or buses from the hotel and to the ground and back, plus the cost of the ferry he probably didn't save much.

Just now, Facecloth said:

Ferry takes ages, and when you add taxis and/or buses from the hotel and to the ground and back, plus the cost of the ferry he probably didn't save much.

yeh but you get a holiday to the isle of wight and limit the amount of time you have to spend in portsmouth so swings n roundabouts innit 

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Watching the highlights programme on Channel 5 - obviously just Leagues 1 and 2 today.

What's nearly as depressing as the number of empty seats at all of these grounds is the amount of them I've seen Leicester lose or play badly at.

I only see Notts playing, but whether it's home or away the environment is pretty dire. 

Nice to see there are those that still go and support their teams. 

I'd be curious to know of the teams in the two Leagues, which are the best supported? 

10 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I only see Notts playing, but whether it's home or away the environment is pretty dire. 

I'd be curious to know of the teams in the two Leagues, which are the best supported? 

Bradford seem to average around 19,000 (they have fantastic season ticket deals which helps), Portsmouth get over 16,000 and if the likes of Blackburn are in a promotion race they could equal or better those numbers. 

10 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Probably Portsmouth tbh.

12 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Watching the highlights programme on Channel 5 - obviously just Leagues 1 and 2 today.

What's nearly as depressing as the number of empty seats at all of these grounds is the amount of them I've seen Leicester lose or play badly at.

Good job we were away from home. We have 20,000 empty seats. 

We're continuing on our downwards spiral. Not winning in 6 in all competitions, and look absolutely shite. 

2 hours ago, block15ccfc said:

We're continuing on our downwards spiral. Not winning in 6 in all competitions, and look absolutely shite. 

Saw on twitter a video of a few Coventry fans confronting your chairman Tim Fisher at a train station.

19 hours ago, spacemunky said:

only see Notts playing, but whether it's home or away the environment is pretty dire. 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two/attendances

Coventry just ahead of Lincoln in League 2.

Edited by isaidno

5 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Saw on twitter a video of a few Coventry fans confronting your chairman Tim Fisher at a train station.

Yeah, very silly of him. One of the most hated men in the city catching the same train as the supporters. 

However, pushing him and screaming in his face won't do anything. 

I took in Milton Keynes v Oxford on Saturday. Poor game and MK (I refuse to call them the Dons) look a very weak side despite the draw, relegation fodder if they don't add some firepower up front. Oxford looked tidy and will be disappointed they didn't kill the game off when they were 1-0 up. Jonathon Obika was an interesting proposition for them up top, great physically but zero product when he gets anywhere near the 18 yard box. I think they'll be close to the top six, whether they can break in is another matter.

On 03/09/2017 at 12:39, block15ccfc said:

Do you just fill out away from home instead?

I imagine your away support is up there at that level.