Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Podgeyrogers

Is Nigel Pearson finished in football?

Just wondering what others' views are on Nigel Pearson and any potential opportunities in top level football in the near future. Is he too toxic to command another job in the top two divisions, or has he been paid enough to stay away and cycle around the Peak District?

His persona was probably not suited to the now, media led industry but he clearly had a method of work that players bought into. Will someone else take a punt on him and his forthright views or is he just a disaster in waiting?

Only way he'll be in the top flight again is by getting a team promoted.

I'd love to see him back here, even if just a coach. The platform he built for us, twice, was excellent. 

Absolute legend.

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm convinced he'll manage us again.

I can't see it personally but would love it.

The bloke really is a hero, a legend.

I don't really care if he comes across as a 'loose cannon', 'upsets the media' (Fuck the media, seriously fuck em'), if people think he's an 'idiot' or anything else anyone wants to say against him, he turned our club around and had alot to do with us winning the title.

If anyone can't see what he did for this club and can't thank him for that well they don't deserve this club to have got out of League One to getting us in the Premier League, let alone winning the Premier League.

Would love Shakey to get him involved but cannot see it, don't think he'd be allowed to.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I can't see it personally but would love it.

The bloke really is a hero, a legend.

I don't really care if he comes across as a 'loose cannon', 'upsets the media' (Fuck the media, seriously fuck em'), if people think he's an 'idiot' or anything else anyone wants to say against him, he turned our club around and had alot to do with us winning the title.

If anyone can't see what he did for this club and can't thank him for that well they don't deserve this club to have got out of League One to getting us in the Premier League, let alone winning the Premier League.

Would love Shakey to get him involved but cannot see it, don't think he'd be allowed to.

There's always a Friday phonecall on the landline at Craig's house!

And if he's on the special British Telecom Buzby deal, Sheffield to Lichfield should only be 10pence!

I actually think his next job could be here, but when? Absolutely no idea.

He's seen as a PR risk which I can half understand although personally wouldn't give two shits about if it meant getting results and progression, but that coupled with a shambolic few weeks at Derby is going to put people off him even more.

The majority of fans of other clubs won't ever truly appreciate what he did for Leicester and it takes a lot of convincing. He'd be perfect I think for Sheffield Wednesday.

If he is finished he did it to himself...

Many on here clealy still respect him..... he put in geat structure and got us to the pl

.....but he was a bit one dimendional as we got to the pl. .... and the circus stuff was madness.... any potential employer would worry

I was surprised he didnt get the boro gig

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I actually think his next job could be here, but when? Absolutely no idea.

He's seen as a PR risk which I can half understand although personally wouldn't give two shits about if it meant getting results and progression, but that coupled with a shambolic few weeks at Derby is going to put people off him even more.

The majority of fans of other clubs won't ever truly appreciate what he did for Leicester and it takes a lot of convincing. He'd be perfect I think for Sheffield Wednesday.

The Owls are owned by Thais. He has no chance there.

Best manager in our history. Ranieri is probably the best coach but that's it. Nigel brought the recruitment, team spirit, play style and backroom staff and it all remains today. Nothing Claudio brought meanwhile is still part of the club's identity except for a few duff players.

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Best manager in our history. Ranieri is probably the best coach but that's it. Nigel brought the recruitment, team spirit, play style and backroom staff and it all remains today. Nothing Claudio brought meanwhile is still here except for a few duff players.

But it's not unfortunately, Ranieri seemed to dismantle it abit last season, leading to our and his downfall.

I'm hoping Shakespeare has the contacts to reassemble but I think it would have been done before now if he did, maybe some of it has.

Seven games in let's see if the owners have a Plan B

I prefered Claudio myself but Pearson could still do a job for us

The longer he's out of a job the harder it'll be for him though

I think Villa might be a place he could end up   3-0 to Cardiff today     :thumbup:

Just now, Matt said:

But it's not unfortunately, Ranieri seemed to dismantle it abit last season, leading to our and his downfall.

Shakespeare is rebuilding it imo. Will always be grateful to Claudio making us solid with a back four but that's all he ever really brought to the club.

54 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Maybe I'm odd... but love him more than Claudio

know what you mean. loved claudio, respected him, worked well with the club (first season anyway), but he never felt like 'one of us' in the  same way pearson did.

I love the bloke, a team like Wolves would do well to have him but instead they'll persist with managers that don't know the Championship inside out. Normally I don't buy the "knows the league" cliche but in the championship managers generally have to manage in it for a few seasons before achieving success.

41 minutes ago, winchesterton said:

know what you mean. loved claudio, respected him, worked well with the club (first season anyway), but he never felt like 'one of us' in the  same way pearson did.

Claudio blew his 2 n d season, and blew away a solid great backroom  staff for stupid Ancient ,not modern italian Ideas.

I will always like his personna  for that 1st season and 1st title, but NP rebuild and those 3 seasons gave us that needed

Lift and stablised our club, in dire need.

I hope he finds 'his' club that kick starts his coaching- Managerial career, sooner than later, English clubs need proven

English managers, his media-relations were no worse than Fergusons, Wengers nor Mourhinos. English football is

Missing him... That said I want to see Shakey blow away NPs shadow.

It is ridiculous I know but even now after everything it still feels like he has unfinished business with us and will at some point return, I'm just worried about how bad things must get in the future for him to be asked back.

Archived