Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Devonfox1884

A-Level results day 2017

48 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Too late for an 'old un' like me, but.....

My youngest lad just got in touch. Straight 'A's and off to Southampton to study law! Immensely proud !!

Great stuff, straight A's are very, very impressive! Got B's and C's myself, which is what I was expecting, so happy enough :D

Guest BlueBrett
26 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Great stuff, straight A's are very, very impressive! Got B's and C's myself, which is what I was expecting, so happy enough :D

Enjoy life down the pit :P

Only messing, well done mate

To anyone disappointed today, its really not the end of the world. We are lied to that doing well in school means everything will work out when you are older - Its bullshit. It make make things easier, but some of the most successful people i know didn't go to Uni. They learned to deal with failure at a much younger age, took risks in business, learnt from their mistakes and ending up building business empires. 

Disappointed? Get posting on here - tell us what you wanna do, what your options are and let Foxestalk sort you out!

Its also worth remembering that Education and Intelligence, are 2 very different things

It's been 3 years for me now, my overriding memory of it was getting an earful from the head of sixth form for turning up late and missing doing an interview and picture with local paper. The 3 years since have been a bit of a farce tbh.

Anyway, well done to everyone and good luck for the future with whatever you choose to do. RobHawk is right, it's not the be all and end all. As long as you live by 'work hard, play hard', everything will be dandy.  

5 hours ago, Osavo said:

3 A's, off to Leeds :D

Leeds Leeds Leeds 

4 hours ago, Wookie said:

Took me an extra year and I still didn't get into my first choice uni :dry:

I did three years cos I "failed" after two, gave up half way through the third cos I didn't want to go to uni and got the job I'd wanted since I was about 15. 

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

Took me an extra year and I still didn't get into my first choice uni :dry:

You're going mate, that's all that matters now. Put everything behind you and focus on getting a good degree! (What are you studying by the way?)

6 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

You're going mate, that's all that matters now. Put everything behind you and focus on getting a good degree! (What are you studying by the way?)

Business management at Sheffield Hallam 

Archived