Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

19 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Nothing, if that's how you want to view the game. Safe standing wouldn't interfere with that either, there will still be a majority of seating sections in the ground. Some of us like to stand, sing, get more involved and experience better atmospheres- not sure why any football fan is intent on getting in the way of that when it won't affect them in any way whatsoever, but there you go.

I want to view the game but often as not there still are idiots who still stand up in front of me. ask them to sit down and you get the neanderthal response from the kind of people who want to stand regardless.  

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ok, becasue I enjoy myself more when I stand up. That's all the justification I need to give you. 

Now please, answer my question :)

I asked why you enjoy it so you have not answered the question, have you? now once again why do you enjoy yourself more from standing up?

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I asked why you enjoy it so you have not answered the question, have you? now once again why do you enjoy yourself more from standing up?

Because I feel more involved in the experience, also being a tall fvcker sitting down in the seats provided isn't at all enjoyable. 

Is that enough for you? Fancy answering why you have such an issue with something that won't affect you and will actually benefit you based on your experiences above yet?  

29 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

It is within the stadium that is why they have the legal right to eject you.:thumbup:

The distinction identified by Stadt is correct.

Standing is prohibited by the Stadium Regulations and the club may request the assistance of the police in enforcing this rule but standing is not itself a criminal offence.

If the club choose not to enforce their Stadium Rules (as happens in L1, SK1 and the away end) the police cannot arrest you and put you on trial.

Edited by Harry - LCFC
  • Like 1

To those standers who want this doing, what do you think will happen if/when it gets allowed to other areas in a stadium, say the kop gets a safe standing area this will for me mean the rest of the stadium has to be seated including the away area, you can't have a safe standing area if other seated areas are allowed to stand.

2 minutes ago, red5 said:

To those standers who want this doing, what do you think will happen if/when it gets allowed to other areas in a stadium, say the kop gets a safe standing area this will for me mean the rest of the stadium has to be seated including the away area, you can't have a safe standing area if other seated areas are allowed to stand.

Why would the away end have to be all seater, if an area of the Kop was standing? 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why would the away end have to be all seater, if an area of the Kop was standing? 

Because safe standing will be a designated standing area, which will mean every where else will be a designated seating area. The club will look at it this way and use it as an excuse to eradicate potential crowd trouble areas and therefore the cost of policing and stewarding.  

43 minutes ago, red5 said:

That’s not a problem. Those who want to stand would move to the standing area. Some of us might even start going again lol

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where does it say you can't have a designated home standing area and a designated away standing area? 

It doesn't, but the point is to gain a home advantage, so if anything you'd have thought the club would enforce an away seating only policy like they try to do at liverpool.

Edited by yorkie1999

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I want to view the game but often as not there still are idiots who still stand up in front of me. ask them to sit down and you get the neanderthal response from the kind of people who want to stand regardless.  

Surely you'd be all for safe standing then? Get the people who want to stand over to an area where they can stand together and leave you in peace? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I want to view the game but often as not there still are idiots who still sit behind me. ask them to stand up and you get the neanderthal response from the kind of people who want to sit regardless.  

Corrected it for you mate, knew what you meant though.

Just now, steveherbe said:
  2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I want to view the game but often as not there still are idiots who still sit behind me. ask them to stand up and you get the neanderthal response from the kind of people who want to sit regardless.  

Corrected it for you mate, knew what you meant though.

I'm not your mate and I don't need correcting by a child. 

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

It doesn't, but the point is to gain a home advantage, so if anything you'd have thought the club would enforce an away seating only policy like they try to do at liverpool.

It's a matter of saftey though, and given the fact that 95% of away fans at our place stand, they should be able to do so in an area designed for it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Can somebody explain what anyone gets out of standing? I mean does it make the game better? can you see more ?  do you feel less controlled? Just what is wrong with sitting down for goodness sake.

One of the biggest points I’d say is that with standing, they’d be less problems with trying to get 4/5 seats together. 

Its easier to cater larger groups who wish to be together. 

4 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Go back to why standing was banned in the first place is the real key phrase.

But it’s not banned is it?

It’s not allowed in all but two leagues of the English football system. 

It’s allowed in German football and across Europe. 

It’s allowed in all other sports played in England. 

A terrace from the 1980s isn’t a terrace now 

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

One of the biggest points I’d say is that with standing, they’d be less problems with trying to get 4/5 seats together. 

Its easier to cater larger groups who wish to be together. 

Ok that makes sense. Thank you for a proper answer Cardiff.