Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

12 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Really enjoyed the match this evening - the turnaround so far has been impressively. Promising to see so many younger players performing well as well. 

Absolutely. Obviously you had a vastly experienced player like Ben Young playing but that was a very young match day squad. The oldest player on the bench was 22 years-old. 

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Enjoying La Rochelle v Sale, Sale down by 2 but reckon Sale will do this 

...and with that La Rochelle have scored another try lol

Not for the first game I was emphatically wrong when it comes to rugby predictions, Sale shot themselves in the foot so often.

Exeter v Leinster is another decent one, very close so far and the last 2 non French teams left in the Champions Cup, hope whoever wins this goes on to win the tournament.

And no, I dont care that I'm hijacking the Tigers thread :P ... though well done on your win today. We (Ulster) might meet you guys in the semis or final if we get past Northampton.

Just now, walkerleeds said:

Some great games today. 

Thought Leinster were done when Sexton went off. Proper team of winners.

The squad is unreal, annoying when you're a fan of a Pro 14 team as they pretty much win every game.

The game is starting to go away from Exeter, too many penalties given away, but for the sake of the game I hope they come back into it as the game has been great to watch.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The squad is unreal, annoying when you're a fan of a Pro 14 team as they pretty much win every game.

The game is starting to go away from Exeter, too many penalties given away, but for the sake of the game I hope they come back into it as the game has been great to watch.

Yep. Fatigue starting to cause ill-discipline from Exeter isn't it. Much more enjoyable game having French refs, let two certain yellows go today lol

5 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Yep. Fatigue starting to cause ill-discipline from Exeter isn't it. Much more enjoyable game having French refs, let two certain yellows go today lol

It really is. It feels like officials are being so petty at the minute but not the French ones. They seem to let the game flow so much more. 

37 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Austin Healey really seems to have a chip on his shoulder. Constantly writing Tigers off and seems really bitter over the Geordan Murphy thing. 

Back in the late 90's I was a member at David Lloyd gym on Meridian. When I was on a day off or late shift in the week, I often saw the Tigers players in there. Austin Healey was the biggest poser going and was always admiring himself in the mirror and flexing his muscles. Seemed like a right knob then and sounds like he hasn't changed one bit.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2021 at 18:47, Nalis said:

Not for the first game I was emphatically wrong when it comes to rugby predictions, Sale shot themselves in the foot so often.

Exeter v Leinster is another decent one, very close so far and the last 2 non French teams left in the Champions Cup, hope whoever wins this goes on to win the tournament.

And no, I dont care that I'm hijacking the Tigers thread :P ... though well done on your win today. We (Ulster) might meet you guys in the semis or final if we get past Northampton.

I hope we meet you guys. I do remember a couple of Heineken Cup games many years ago, when Ulster gave us a real beating. Hoping for some revenge 😁

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I hope we meet you guys. I do remember a couple of Heineken Cup games many years ago, when Ulster gave us a real beating. Hoping for some revenge 😁

Got your wish, Tigers v Ulster in the semi final draw. Hopefully a decent game, with an Ulster win of course! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Got your wish, Tigers v Ulster in the semi final draw. Hopefully a decent game, with an Ulster win of course! 

Would say you're favourites for the competition. What I will say though is that if Tigers could win a trophy in Borthwick's first full season then it would be a real sign of progress and promise going forward, especially given how miserable last couple of seasons have been. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Looking forward to it, even though you'll probably beat us. We're still very much a work in progress. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I do think Tigers are not far away from being a proper side. A bit more fluidity in the backs and will be a real force. 

Very true. Our back play has been poor for 5-6 years now. A whole succession of coaches just can't seem to make our backs click. Let's hope we get more fluid rugby as the weather gets better. 

2 hours ago, sm1 said:

Very true. Our back play has been poor for 5-6 years now. A whole succession of coaches just can't seem to make our backs click. Let's hope we get more fluid rugby as the weather gets better. 

With the exception of Aaron Mauger. He had them playing some really good stuff and was seconds away from making a premiership final in 2017. Completely mishandled by the board. 

Edited by BenTheFox

There seem to be some suggestions that relegation from the top flight will be suspended until 2025 with the league expanding to fourteen teams. To be honest, I don't think Tigers would be in any danger of going down anytime soon with Steve Borthwick at the helm. I don't think ringfencing is a good thing at all, but the issue is the second tier is somewhat of a farce. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-9463677/Premiership-relegation-set-suspended-2024-25-season.html

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

There seem to be some suggestions that relegation from the top flight will be suspended until 2025 with the league expanding to fourteen teams. To be honest, I don't think Tigers would be in any danger of going down anytime soon with Steve Borthwick at the helm. I don't think ringfencing is a good thing at all, but the issue is the second tier is somewhat of a farce. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-9463677/Premiership-relegation-set-suspended-2024-25-season.html

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest given that Saracens are a loss away from fcuking it 

• Like 1