Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Interesting development in the Pro14, bringing in 4 x Springbok club sides, who'll all be eligible to qualify for the European Cup. 

Sounds fantastic tbh. And hopefully fvks up saracens and some of the French teams bulking up on South africans

It’s crap IMO.

South African teams playing in this competition brings nothing really. No attraction to them for full houses and no away fans.  

From the vantage of a fan, it is another knock to club rugby into the franchise sport it’s becoming. The whole idea of regional rugby in Aus, Wales, SA and Scotland has killed the spectacle of club rugby 

27 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s crap IMO.

South African teams playing in this competition brings nothing really. No attraction to them for full houses and no away fans.  

From the vantage of a fan, it is another knock to club rugby into the franchise sport it’s becoming. The whole idea of regional rugby in Aus, Wales, SA and Scotland has killed the spectacle of club rugby 

I see what you mean. But ex pat South Africans will flock to games as away fans and I'd imagine Welsh and Irish pro 14 clubs would be able to lay on a plane and ticket and week's holiday deal for the back to back games that have to be played out there.  That'd be at least 250 away fans

Twice I've recnelty posted on this thread, and I generally dont give two hoots about Tigers..

But this looks interesting. Leeds Rhinos boss man coming to sort the defence out 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57510232

As an outsider looking in, seems Borthwick is at long last shaking the old boys club up at Tigers after Cockerell, Murphy etc  (I based that on hearing that Austin healy can't stand borthwick) and bringing them up to date 

Much needed. And good for the City if Tigers become a powerhouse again. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Twice I've recnelty posted on this thread, and I generally dont give two hoots about Tigers..

But this looks interesting. Leeds Rhinos boss man coming to sort the defence out 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57510232

As an outsider looking in, seems Borthwick is at long last shaking the old boys club up at Tigers after Cockerell, Murphy etc  (I based that on hearing that Austin healy can't stand borthwick) and bringing them up to date 

Much needed. And good for the City if Tigers become a powerhouse again. 

Big fan of this appointment. He was an excellent Rugby League player and is an even better man. 

20 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Big fan of this appointment. He was an excellent Rugby League player and is an even better man. 

As an exiled Leeds man this is quite exciting. Make no mistake there’s not been many better before or after sir Kev in RL. Could be a very shrewd appointment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Manini said:

As an exiled Leeds man this is quite exciting. Make no mistake there’s not been many better before or after sir Kev in RL. Could be a very shrewd appointment. 

He clearly has the right mental attributes. The guy is a serial winner. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Livid said:

The Head of Analysis leaves today as well, Borthwick is definitely shaking things up.

It’s about time in my opinion. It’s been a bit of a closed shop old boys club for a while, even back when they were collecting trophies left, right and centre in the early to mid 2000’s. I don’t think a shake up with a new way of thinking will hurt. 

• Like 1

Guest ttfn

I’ve been keeping a vague eye on the goings on in the Championship this season. 

It probably goes without saying but it is absolutely perverse that Saracens have been able to keep many of their best players despite being punished for financial offences. Having lost their first game and beaten most other sides comfortably, I see they won the first leg of their playoff 60-0 against Ealing.

Not having promotion and relegation is obviously completely anti-competitive but they may as well just get on with it now. Somehow 13 clubs, who happened to be in the right place at the right time about a decade ago, have managed to completely close the door on any form of competition. Every year you get recent ex-England internationals (and this year current England internationals) playing semi-pro players and just hammering them week after week.

The cost of promotion is deliberately prohibitive, so much so that the majority of Championship sides have openly said they have no interest in getting promoted and there’s been talk of a breakaway from the RFU. That speaks to something horribly wrong with the structure.

Edited by ttfn

8 minutes ago, TK95 said:

England A-Scotland A fixture at Welford Road cancelled today due to a Covid outbreak within the camp. 

Shame I was looking forward to it!

Me too,  got all my jobs done yesterday now I’m at a bit of a loose end. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Waiting to see how New Year's day plays out. 

City at home to Norwich, Tigers at home to Newcastle.

I remember the Tiger's kicking off at lunchtime a few years ago followed by us having an early evening kick off in the FA Cup and the traffic being horrendous after the Tiger's game.

50 minutes ago, Livid said:

Waiting to see how New Year's day plays out. 

City at home to Norwich, Tigers at home to Newcastle.

I remember the Tiger's kicking off at lunchtime a few years ago followed by us having an early evening kick off in the FA Cup and the traffic being horrendous after the Tiger's game.

One of them will get moved. We don’t play on the same day anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...