Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I'm not a huge rugby fan, but if this cash boost can help move the club back up the table than its worth it. Let's be honest, Saracens cheating is the only thing that saved them from relegation last year.

Also regarding Union as a whole, I can't believe that Bristol could be in the Premiership Final after losing the semi because Wasps have a covid outbreak. You can't have a losing team in the final. If wasps have to pull out, then Exeter win. I get they want the event of the final to be played and watched, but Bristol are out, they can't be given a chance to win it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not a huge rugby fan, but if this cash boost can help move the club back up the table than its worth it. Let's be honest, Saracens cheating is the only thing that saved them from relegation last year.

Also regarding Union as a whole, I can't believe that Bristol could be in the Premiership Final after losing the semi because Wasps have a covid outbreak. You can't have a losing team in the final. If wasps have to pull out, then Exeter win. I get they want the event of the final to be played and watched, but Bristol are out, they can't be given a chance to win it.

Nice to see money fecking up another sport and not just football. 

44 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ironically there is plenty in the sport who think Bristol are busting the salary cap. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Tigers might not be able to openly flaunt the salary cap like Saracens, Bristol or Sale but they should still be able to attract and recruit some of the best coaches and players in the world. They're just shit at it. I've used the Manchester United analogy before and it fits, at their core they're both two disastrously run clubs that got complacent being the big fish in their ponds and lost out when someone dumped a bunch of sharks in. 

Again, I'm no expert on the Tigers at all, but my Facebook/Forum scouting seems to suggest that the fans are so blissfully happy to be supporting such a club they don't want to rock the boat.

Every week after a defeat it seems to be pure optimistic drivel. When will the fans actually start to rally at just how shit they are, and far they've fallen? This isn't a one season blip, it's been a sustained descent over a number of years.

Surely any other fanbase would be up in arms at the way your once-powerhouse club was being run? 

It's genuinely sad to see the team languishing, and generally about as mediocre as it gets. Just feels like an utterly radical overhaul is needed, else it'll be like this season after season, as the team is left behind by the new powerhouses.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Again, I'm no expert on the Tigers at all, but my Facebook/Forum scouting seems to suggest that the fans are so blissfully happy to be supporting such a club they don't want to rock the boat.

Every week after a defeat it seems to be pure optimistic drivel. When will the fans actually start to rally at just how shit they are, and far they've fallen? This isn't a one season blip, it's been a sustained descent over a number of years.

Surely any other fanbase would be up in arms at the way your once-powerhouse club was being run? 

It's genuinely sad to see the team languishing, and generally about as mediocre as it gets. Just feels like an utterly radical overhaul is needed, else it'll be like this season after season, as the team is left behind by the new powerhouses.

I can only speak for the couple of season ticket holders I know but they're all pretty furious about it. 

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

When you see how dominant they were for almost 20 years, it’s crazy to see them in the position they are now

067241CD-61B2-4771-8EFE-21B5F8858E8F.jpeg

I fear That Tigers Club has gone for-ever....I Thank them & a couple of Great L'shire Junior clubs,

Plus the now  past honest  Local  & Adopted Sons,  top coaches..who gave their all for  that Tigers spirit , Heart & soul...

Tigers Family over nearly 100 years was something special...go be one of their  souls an honour..!!

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I can only speak for the couple of season ticket holders I know but they're all pretty furious about it. 

Tigers fans need to get over it.

Its Sport, it happens. A couple of poor years & a probable relegation next year. They're just not used to a bit of failure.

Hardly the end of the world.

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I fear That Tigers Club has gone for-ever....I Thank them & a couple of Great L'shire Junior clubs,

Plus the now  past honest  Local  & Adopted Sons,  top coaches..who gave their all for  that Tigers spirit , Heart & soul...

Tigers Family over nearly 100 years was something special...go be one of their  souls an honour..!!

100 years, Fuchsy? 

They may have been around for that long, but only 600+700 would rock up to watch them In the early 70s before they got good. 

I never treat them as proper Leicester. No underdog mentality that suits us. Go.down there and there's punters from Lincoln, Birmingham, MK even Nottingham FFS cheering them on ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

100 years, Fuchsy? 

They may have been around for that long, but only 600+700 would rock up to watch them In the early 70s before they got good. 

I never treat them as proper Leicester. No underdog mentality that suits us. Go.down there and there's punters from Lincoln, Birmingham, MK even Nottingham FFS cheering them on ...

Sport is sport, respect & appreciare at least those who Enjoy its varieties...

Many Leicester as other national sportsman were not embarrased to also mix with each other.

Tigers were a massive club..even in the Amateure days,even back in Great  grandads days....A big Part of Leic'shire Sporting history...

Outside the amusing Cross banter,I have Never understood fans or others trying to get sly digs at or demean other Sports which then is a direct insults at their

Participants...

The fan attendences ,doesn't make any sport for itself , but the individuals who want to take part...

Not forgetting many decry over decades, "too much Money in Football/Tennis/American-Sports and Now modern cricket....

One-up-manship on any sport...defeats the object.  

Americans & Asians, can bring in 'their Sports' more fans or Equivalent to any normal avg Top league Football game....

So attendancess doesnt defy the sport.....

Tigers even  before/in between wars/After 1950s could see anything from a few hundred + 3 Dogs through low thousands to tens of thousands...

So what.!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

Well done Exeter...Bloody 20 years of hard work..respect,respect....

If smarte a bit..but es Exeter begann their Top Flight journey & Losing then to Top ranked Tigers, they said we want to learn from this.. 

Well they did, and now its the Tigers wondering what they have lost,and how they can Climb up again to that Top envious ranking..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...