Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

I am just getting to speed with it all as well. How much better is the use of video technology though? 

Absolutely love listening to the officials discuss the incidents. Makes it so apparent why decisions are made and what they've seen or looked for. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Absolutely love listening to the officials discuss the incidents. Makes it so apparent why decisions are made and what they've seen or looked for. 

I guess the difference is they do take a long time over making the decisions, which lends itself far better to rugby. What I like though is that the on field refs still remain in control, and make the decision of what they want to be reviewed. 

• Like 1

Anyone able to explain the 2 overseas player allowance in the matchday 23 squad ruling for me please, using proper English & not RFU talk.

Tigers (as do every other team) obviously have more than 2 overseas players playing at the same time, for instance v Wasps Tigers had half a dozen SA, 2 ARG & 1 Fiji that i can think of off top of my head yet recently been hearing the 2 overseas rule a lot recently when transfers are talked about.

It can't be EU players as this was a ruling prior to Brexit i believe, Tigers don't actually have any anyway so KOLPAK but then as per the Wasps game more than 2 there so not that so something to do with other nations Argentina, Oz & NZ then?

I feel like Eliza Doolittle it must be something to do with those 3 right?

Edited by BKLFox

Crucial 20-14 win away at Gloucester. First away win in the league for nearly two years and currently in the European places only 5 points off the top four. Really feels like the ship is turning around. Borthwick's doing a great job. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Nobody watch today, Tigers were outstanding despite losing. Next season I see a top 4 finish the future looks bright

I nearly turned off when we went down to 13 but so glad I didn’t. 5 tries down in Devon isn’t to be sniffed at though it felt like we made it a bit easy for some of theirs. First 25 we were completely shellshocked.

If only that cross field kick to Steward connected and then what could have been. I live not far from Sandy Park and a win against Exeter can’t come soon enough. Maybe next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Saw that the other day. Could be a very smart piece of business. 

I think so too, him and RW as the experienced backups to the main 9/10 partnerships with JVP/BW (the future 9 pairing) and McP/Tito/Henry as their cover although I’d imagine 1 of those to move on.

Exciting times ahead and having Borthwick at the helm we seem to be getting linked with a few choice names, Kruis, Zach Mercer, Hamish Watson, and a couple of back options in Santiago Cordero and Louis Lynagh.

There are a couple of SA forwards coming into the pack end of season so maybe not looking for more although Mercer and Hamish are very different to what we have and Kruis is top class but we could certainly do with a couple of flair backs and those 2 would fit the bill.

26-12 victory at home against Newcastle today. It was a pretty rancid game but they got the job done. Completely dominated the first half but they weren't that clinical and gave some stupid penalties away. It's much better than it has been in the last few seasons, but there's still a lot of work to do. 

• Like 3

Didnt know where else to put this but some very high scoring matches in the european competitions. 

French clubs bossing the Champions Cup, Wasps v Clermont was very entertaining on Channel 4 earlier with Clermont winning with a converted try in injury time.

• Like 1

From what I've watched this season & in particular tonight Borthwick has installed real grit & determination into them. Maybe too much with the amount of penalties they give away but I guess you would rather have the fully committed performances than what has been put out over the last couple of seasons.

Think getting fans back in will give them a huge boost aswell as the faithful will love this kind of team and really get behind them. 

Wiese is unbelievable, what a player. 

• Like 1