Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Wasps moving to Coventry was never going to work long-term. Coventry has a rugby club with a decent history, but also many rugby fans in that area had already gravitated towards Tigers or Northampton. On top of this, the tension that existed between them and Coventry City was never going to win over any Cov fans who might be interested in rugby union. In the first couple of years they were pulling in decent crowds, but this was because they were giving away thousands of tickets. It was never going to be sustainable. 

It was ludicrous decision. I think Coventry was just about the worst choice of City they could have chosen to have gone for the reasons you highlighted. I think they’d have been successful had they moved to Norwich. Norfolk a hotbed of young talent that at present we get but I think a first class rugby team in Norwich would have grown into an Exeter type club very quickly in terms of support and by now they’d be claiming first dibs on the JVPs and Stewards coming thru the local clubs out there. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This is quite a nice gesture, let's fans watch rugby for free rather than missing out on watching any.

Don't think we'd see anything like that in football 

16 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Big gesture considering one of the games is the biggest this side of the season 

What? lol

its clearly a fast grab to try and steal some of their fans before they go elsewhere.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It surely is but at the same time it’s still a gesture - v few Worcester fans are going to adopt Leicester, given the distance 

yeah I’d say it’s more aimed at the Coventry based Wasps fans..

• Like 1

Table has been adjusted with the confirmation that Wasps will now be relegated, season to continue with 11 teams not sure when the decision will be made on how many will be promoted at the conclusion of the season; 1, 2, 0, does it make sense just for 1 to bring it back to 12 teams.
There was talk of a 10 team league but would be hard on that 11th team to go down as well this season and rough on winners of the championship.

Tigers up to 5th but Sarries walking it now and Sale putting a gap between us, lots of rugby to be played yet and a lot can happen during the international periods.

Talking of which, again I read that potentially in future the league might stop during these periods so that clubs don’t have to bloat their squads with extra players to cover during these times not sure how I feel about that as where do the surplus players get clubs could end up with a lot of players out of jobs which is what they are trying to stop but at the same time it could aid academy’s if clubs had to dip into this pool quicker that in itself double edged also.

Its always been rough on those teams that provide the majority of internationals and taking 5 or 6 starters out of any club will weaken them.
I know generally it’s the clubs that have the bigger pool of players or better academy’s that have the internationals but there are diamonds in every club now and if say Newcastle, London Irish get decimated with starting 15 players being taken for internationals which they have across all nations it really puts pressure on them especially when down the bottom and struggling.

• Like 1

Could we be in for Jack Willis also? That would be another cracking signing but surely we must be at our cap. Willis & Reffell imagine the turnovers we would win.

That said we have our captain in there also + the young lads although both Willis & Reffell are cemented in International teams would wages be better suited elsewhere. From what i'm reading where ever he goes might only be shortterm as he set on returning to Wasps once re-established.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, rachhere said:

I still don't understand why we didn't keep Moroni - we miss his defensive contribution. 

Because by signing Pollard, effectively used up potentially 3 players cap space 

Personally I think the next season and a bit with RU is going to be a mess at club level.