Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

Certainly Tigers find it difficult when teams don't get involved in their kick everything game. Northampton threw the ball around and easily found space before they self imploded. Saracens and Sale also employed the same tactics (only saw alittle of the game) and easily cut us apart, finding space at will. It looks like our much vaunted defence under Kevin Sinfield is being found out. We've already conceded 20 tries in 5 games compared to 52 in 24 games last season. We've got enough firepower to beat the lower level teams, but the top teams in Europe will beat us easily. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Wasps cancel their match against Exeter as they’re about to go into administration and will be relegated alongside Worcester. 

Are most of the top clubs in the Championship still deemed too small to come up by the RFU? What will happen next year? It’s a right mess.

Really feel for the Wasps fans, they've really been stung!. :ph34r:

33 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Wasps cancel their match against Exeter as they’re about to go into administration and will be relegated alongside Worcester. 

Are most of the top clubs in the Championship still deemed too small to come up by the RFU? What will happen next year? It’s a right mess.

Ridiculous that 2 clubs have gone into administration in the space of a few weeks. The relevant bodies need to really look at themselves to allow things to get this bad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Ridiculous that 2 clubs have gone into administration in the space of a few weeks. The relevant bodies need to really look at themselves to allow things to get this bad.

It's bit like when a football club goes under though - no case is the same and the authorities can only work on what they see.  

Worcester was an asset stripping process yet both gentlemen involved had no record of companies going bust under their directorship. 

Wasps way back did some mad bond thing meaning they own people money for their investment, they bought a stadium they can't make a success of and then tried to dodge a tax payment. 

Wasps in particular is about being overambitious. The bloke what's owns them has been involved since 2012. His fortune is pretty 'pure' off an insurance company. The CEO had made a successful career with Thomas Cook and then a spell at Gloucester Rugby for nearly 7 years. 

37 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

2 more clubs are rumoured to be in similar difficulties too. Talksport did a feature on it earlier. 

I know some players have found other clubs namely some of the Worcestor guys Fin Smith, Van Der Merwe but there are still some really big names in both squads especially Wasps that are now in limbo due to i'd imagine all clubs reaching their own caps.
Would really like us to sign a couple of the guys Umago & J Willis for instance

Whilst it could quite easily be 2 of the big names I wouldn’t be surprised if they said Newcastle and maybe London Irish not because they are near the bottom of league but both recently promoted into the Gallagher (although decent histories of being in top flight) maybe the recent drops have hurt the funding then straight into the covid years 🤷‍♂️ 

32 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Absolute dominant win defence were magnificent, sloppy to allow them 3 tries as 3 try’s to 4 sounds like a close game but completely stopped them playing and given it was at the Stoop brilliant performance 

Tommy Reffell, Matt Scott and Montoya were outstanding 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

When did Tigers sign Anthony Watson?!

This summer, Bath didn’t renew his contract because he’s always injured or when fit, with England, and nobody else wanted him for the same reason. Tigers offered him a contract on the cheap the story goes. 

• Thanks 1

Awful news about Wasps now going into administration. My BIL and young nephew are STHs and absolutely gutted. Really feel for them and everyone involved. What a tragic situation.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Awful news about Wasps now going into administration. My BIL and young nephew are STHs and absolutely gutted. Really feel for them and everyone involved. What a tragic situation.

Tigers-Wasps was the United-Arsenal of club rugby when I was growing up. Some memorable clashes over the years. 

Was always a bit of a shame when they made the move to Coventry but never wish this sort of thing on anyone

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Tigers-Wasps was the United-Arsenal of club rugby when I was growing up. Some memorable clashes over the years. 

Was always a bit of a shame when they made the move to Coventry but never wish this sort of thing on anyone

Absolutely. I never 'liked' Wasps but that team they had with Dallaglio, Howley, Lewsey, Worsley, Shaw etc. was a great side. 

Can't imagine them not being around and my BIL is in complete shock. Poor nephew is in bits too.

Like you say, rivalries aside you don't wish this on anyone. 

• Like 2

The son in law of one of the guys I sit next to down the Tigers was a Worcester STH his granddaughter played for one of their junior teams and she is heartbroken. 

Whatever you think of Wasps upping sticks and moving to Coventry you always used to hear a lot of London accents when Tigers played them. 

You have to feel for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

What’s going on with English rugby? Wasps and Worcester in the shit. I’m a casual fan and they seem like different situations, but this isn’t a good look. 

Not just in the shit, completely gone, suspended from the leagues, no staff etc, likely to be liquidated. It’s beyond reprehensible that two pieces of the heart of the community can be just disappear like that, due to criminal ownership. 

• Like 1

Their demise as also put pressure on other clubs including us.  We’ve now not got a home league fixture till 27th Nov as the two teams we were due to play next at home were them pair.  Will hit Tigers hard the lack of cash flow with them two fixtures gone. The RFU need to be careful only two teams go bust.  Playing league games on international weekends looks even more loopy now. Clubs like Leicester basically need around 7/8 extra squad players to compensate for not having chunks of first teamers available when the international weekends come around. 

• Like 1

Wasps moving to Coventry was never going to work long-term. Coventry has a rugby club with a decent history, but also many rugby fans in that area had already gravitated towards Tigers or Northampton. On top of this, the tension that existed between them and Coventry City was never going to win over any Cov fans who might be interested in rugby union. In the first couple of years they were pulling in decent crowds, but this was because they were giving away thousands of tickets. It was never going to be sustainable. 

• Like 2