Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Outstanding performance(s) today and especially through the 6N where I thought we would come unstuck but the recruiting of the squad bulk players at the time like Cracknell, who now is not just there to make up numbers & particularly Brown what a piece of business that was, to have him as cover for Steward & then Watson saw us through the 6N.

As for style I agree, we all know the historic foundations of our play; scrum, set play, kicking but now we are flinging it ball in hand which is 1 thing I was always slightly jealous of with some of the other clubs that do it well, now thou we have found that sweat spot of being able to mix it.

Not sure if we can say that’s simply down to having an ex-back as a coach, I did think when he was named that he would try to incorporate a bit more backs play with fast hands & runners etc, or is it having Pollard who is World class and now fit and firing on all cylinders is such a fantastic orchestrator & Im starting to forget 1 of my favourite players in Ford, well what ever it is long may it continue!

Yeah it’s nice to see more attacking play, and us regularly getting bonus point wins. Much more balanced.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Watson about 95% to be off; he’s taking offers from France and Japan. One of the major casualties of the salary cap 

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

Ollie Hassell-Collins is meant to be coming in, so all adds up. 

Shame about Watson as a fantastic player to have but when they talk about footballers having short careers yet even the most average of players get a ridiculous wage you can’t blame elite rugby players looking to France & Japan to secure their futures as they get near their 30s.

As for Hassell-Collins I’ve heard done deal also, I actually thought he might be big Nadolo’s replacement but as you mention with the salary cap being squeezed we’ll probably see a few more moves such as Watson & probably Ashton as HC plays LW & Potters still only 25 and imagine not a big earner to play on the right.

Hopefully we get a few young up and comers in as quite a few fringe players will have to leave also like Murimurivalu and Saumaki, someone like Arundell would be a great shout but he’s going to be a big earner from a young age such is his profile now.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I guess to win it you've got to beat Leinster at some point right?

It seems an insane stat but they haven’t actually won the comp since 2018. They always seem to blow it at some point so there’s always a chance. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Playing against the ref also 

Haven’t noticed much

8 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Don't get the negativity, I think we've played really well considering the mammoth task in front of them 

We’ve been under the cosh for most of the game - and we’re now 10-0 down during their yellow card period - to be fair, we expected to lose so it’s no surprise. The negativity is due to our poor decision making at crucial times, be it with and without the ball. 

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Thought that probably the best we could do in the circumstances sadly. Playing against a team with a wage bill about 10 times what Premiership teams can have, so a win was never realistic. 

We spend around £7m 

they spend about £11m 

The game is about more than just salaries though - otherwise Man Utd would win everything ….

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We spend around £7m 

they spend about £11m 

The game is about more than just salaries though - otherwise Man Utd would win everything ….

Prem salary cap is £5m (+ marquee) is it not? 8 of Leinster’s squad are on central contracts so not paid by Leinster. There’s no public figure I can find at their actual wage bill but it’s estimated a £11-£12 million. Obviously the 10 times is hyperbole but if you look at the resources they have and the size of their squad/academy, it’s not even close to a level playing field with English clubs. I don’t think you can compare it to football either. The Irish players play less therefore, like tonight, are clearly fitter in the second half. 

Edited by Lionator