Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

21 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The wealthy individuals of the population should contribute some of their money to help those that are desperate for £, instead of the latter just relying on the government to help them make ends meet etc.

I can’t believe you’ve said that, what a completely outrageous and truly unpopular opinion 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

how's about use this billion or so pounds to actually contribute to positive change in the world rather than erect some tatty old building that go burnt down

To be fair, i dont disagree with this at all. I mean its great to rebuild but i think to myself couldnt you do so much better with that money now.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The wealthy individuals of the population should contribute some of their money to help those that are desperate for £, instead of the latter just relying on the government to help them make ends meet etc.

its called paying your tax

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Any of these devices that listen in your home are creepy including cell phones tbh.

Its like wire tapping done legally through peoples ignorance upsold as great tech lol. Dont get me wrong it is cool but over the top at my house.

I feel guilty when I hear my daughter take the piss out of Siri. I find myself having sympathy for Siri when my daughter confuses her on purpose - it’s unfair and belittling.

What I learned yesterday is that Siri can send texts for you which blew my mind. I asked my daughter to text my Mum to say we’d be late when I was driving and she just got Siri to do it.

Technology eh. Incredible. 

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I feel guilty when I hear my daughter take the piss out of Siri. I find myself having sympathy for Siri when my daughter confuses her on purpose - it’s unfair and belittling.

What I learned yesterday is that Siri can send texts for you which blew my mind. I asked my daughter to text my Mum to say we’d be late when I was driving and she just got Siri to do it.

Technology eh. Incredible. 

I only ever use it for getting directions when I'm driving: if you say, "Siri, show me directions to (wherever)", she launches maps and gives driving directions. It only works if your phone is plugged into a charger, though.

Oh, she'll also send WhatsApp messages for you.

Edited by Buce

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

I only ever use it for getting directions when I'm driving: if you say, "Siri, show me directions to (wherever)", she launches maps and gives driving directions. It only works if your phone is plugged into a charger, though.

Oh, she'll also send WhatsApp messages for you.

Yeah my daughter said it can also send WhatsApp messages - bonkers. I thought Siri was just a Google search but apparently not!

Not sure I trust it to send my texts and messages though in case the spelling and grammar is wrong :D

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Yeah my daughter said it can also send WhatsApp messages - bonkers. I thought Siri was just a Google search but apparently not!

Not sure I trust it to send my texts and messages though in case the spelling and grammar is wrong :D

Pretty sure it can only be an improvement, bro... :P

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sishades said:

Religious people are either mentally ill or serious deluded idiots. Either way, they are wrong. Also smokers should be denied health care.

What about drinkers?

15 minutes ago, sishades said:

Religious people are either mentally ill or serious deluded idiots. Either way, they are wrong. Also smokers should be denied health care.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

What about drinkers?

Meat eaters? (bowel cancer)

17 minutes ago, sishades said:

Religious people are either mentally ill or serious deluded idiots. Either way, they are wrong. 

How do you define Religious people? 

24 minutes ago, sishades said:

Also smokers should be denied health care.

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

What about drinkers?

8 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

What about vegetarian/vegan tee-total non-smokers?

Those fvckers are more likely to live to old age, and so are more likely to need years of dementia care.

Make the sanctimonious gits pay for it! :ph34r:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

What about vegetarian/vegan tee-total non-smokers?

Those fvckers are more likely to live to old age, and so are more likely to need years of dementia care.

Make the sanctimonious gits pay for it! :ph34r:

Ah, but the latest medical thinking links dementia with meat eating. :P

https://www.alzheimers.net/foods-that-induce-memory-loss/

Ah, but the latest medical thinking links dementia with meat eating. :P

https://www.alzheimers.net/foods-that-induce-memory-loss/

Oh, dear. You've forgotten about all those other research findings linking long-term ill-health to nut roast and weed, haven't you? I'd go for a check-up if I were you, mate! ;)

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Oh, dear. You've forgotten about all those other research findings linking long-term ill-health to nut roast and weed, haven't you? I'd go for a check-up if I were you, mate! ;)

lol

I've never eaten a nut roast in my life!

I'll hold my hands up to the weed, though I've smoked precisely three spliffs since November 2017.

lol

I've never eaten a nut roast in my life!

I'll hold my hands up to the weed, though I've smoked precisely three spliffs since November 2017.

I vaguely recall having the odd spliff and even rarer nut roast in my mis-spent youth, but it was a long time ago and my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Nothing to do with past years of alcohol abuse, occasionally topped off with kebabs, of course.

I'm going to hell, aren't I? Don't even wait to deprive me of free healthcare, I need a good birching right now.

Take me out into the town square, yank down my trousers and give me fifty of the best. It's the only language people like me understand. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I vaguely recall having the odd spliff and even rarer nut roast in my mis-spent youth, but it was a long time ago and my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Nothing to do with past years of alcohol abuse, occasionally topped off with kebabs, of course.

I think age is probably the culprit, Alf - I find memories of my younger years quite vague sometimes, to the point where I have to estimate to within a few years where I was and what I was doing at any given time. Mind you, my misspent youth lasted until I was about forty... lol

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'm going to hell, aren't I? Don't even wait to deprive me of free healthcare, I need a good birching right now.

Take me out into the town square, yank down my trousers and give me fifty of the best. It's the only language people like me understand. :thumbup:

That's all very well, but you'll be straight down the doctors to have your welts treated.

• Haha 1

I think age is probably the culprit, Alf - I find memories of my younger years quite vague sometimes, to the point where I have to estimate to within a few years where I was and what I was doing at any given time.

It is a bit depressing, declining memory.

I'm pretty good at remembering where I was and what I was doing when. But entire events can escape my memory. The other week, I was telling my brother that I'd been to a gig at the 100 Club for the first time. He reminded me that I'd been to a gig there in my twenties with him and he'd been beaten up in the toilets. I didn't remember any of that, but had a vague recollection of attending the gig with him, once he reminded me - and I've only rarely been to gigs with him, still less ones where he's been beaten up.

How the hell did that escape my brain cells? Alcohol may have been involved...

Same with books. I can remember enjoying reading particular books in the past, but wouldn't be able to tell you anything about what happens in them....aging is crap.....but better than the alternative! :D

• Like 1

Guest MattP
55 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Even if you did I'd still eat meat.

I've got the biggest leg of lamb this side of Cardiff I'm about to steam into, I was covered in blood just getting it into the oven.