Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Basketball is a great spectator sport. I love the March madness tournament. I like American football but it could do with cutting down the stoppages. Rugby can still be very watchable, and I enjoy the final frames of a tense snooker match or the final holes of a major golf tournament.

One sport that I can't watch is tennis. 

The only 'sport' I've never really enjoyed watching is horse racing. I'll watch pretty much anything else but horse racing just doesn't float my boat at all.

Maybe it's because they're horses and not umans. I dunno...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stadt said:

I feel weird for thinking it but I’m very ambivalent about Ranieri. Maybe because so many of our recent heroes have been so enduring and played (or managed) in something less fleeting than the one and a half seasons that he did. I just don’t adore him like I feel I should 

I’m not ambivalent, I just don’t like him at all. He played his part in the title win - we couldn’t have won the title without him, but we also wouldn’t have won it if we were missing any one of about 10 people (staff and players). So he gets his 10% share of credit for that. But all the things that came out after don’t sit right with me.. threatening players, firing staff, ignoring the academy, skipping training, losing the plot generally, claiming credit for Kante, skipping the end of season dinner at Nantes, bring rude at Vichai’s memorial game vs Burnley etc. But to most he’s still the “amusing” grandpa who can do no wrong. 

10 minutes ago, brucey said:

I’m not ambivalent, I just don’t like him at all. He played his part in the title win - we couldn’t have won the title without him, but we also wouldn’t have won it if we were missing any one of about 10 people (staff and players). So he gets his 10% share of credit for that. But all the things that came out after don’t sit right with me.. threatening players, firing staff, ignoring the academy, skipping training, losing the plot generally, claiming credit for Kante, skipping the end of season dinner at Nantes, bring rude at Vichai’s memorial game vs Burnley etc. But to most he’s still the “amusing” grandpa who can do no wrong. 

Wow. Did he shag your missus or something?

Regardless of your personal feelings, Ranieri led us to a place none of us ever expected to be in our wildest dreams. He will forever be a legend in my eyes. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, brucey said:

What’s this? 

16 minutes ago, Buce said:

Ranieri led us to a place none of us ever expected to be in our wildest dreams. He will forever be a legend in my eyes. 

Sure, but that’s a popular opinion, and this thread is for unpopular opinions..

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

What’s this? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/04/fairytale-cloud-still-hangs-claudio-ranieri-leicester/

The awkward truth is that the resentment Ranieri feels towards certain people at the club was clearly evident when he returned last month to pay his tribute to late chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

There is no question that his sadness was sincere and heartfelt, but multiple sources have told Telegraph Sport that on that day he was allegedly aloof and rude. One has even said his behaviour was “embarrassing”, because of the atmosphere he created. How did it end like this?

• Thanks 1

There's nothing sad about a team you dont follow getting relegated. Three teams have to get relegated each season from the premier league and championship, not like its a freak winless season or something.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, brucey said:

Then tried to set fire to it shortly after.

(I’m not the biggest Pearson fan either)

If you don't like either of them then there's probably something wrong with you anyway :dunno:

• Like 2

Guest MattP

If you are City fan and don't like Pearson or Ranieri then it's rather peculiar. 

For what it's worth I love them both, given me some of the greatest days of my life.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Mate people watch golf. 

Might sound old-fashioned, but occasionally enjoy watching golf competitions on television as a large majority of the players shown playing make the game very easy to play (when it's certainly not..) and much prefer it to watching cricket all day personally.

• Like 1

Both have strengths and weaknesses, but the characteristics that make a good manager are different from those that make someone a genuinely likeable person IMO.

Probably too unpopular of an opinion even for this thread, I’ll shut up now :)

I think back now to some of the crazy Shit that Pearson did/said and it still cracks me up. He was the last manager for me that really created a siege mentality, I listened to him and I felt like I wanted to go in to battle for him. 

Generally, too, golf is really good to watch. However there’s a really bad problem at the moment with slow play and the individual tours need to clamp down on it because it does kill the game. 

Edited by Manini

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Gaelic football is even better.

on a par id say. watch a lot of both in work and can see the arguments for either side tbf. just prefer aussie rules slightly, couldn’t even tell you why. 

and league is deffo better than union. 

11 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

AFL is the best sport to watch now i have actually watched it enough to half understand what is going on. 

AFL is unquestionably the best sport to watch, even with its watering down and increased defensive play it offers free flowing skills, hard as nails tackles and moments of amazing talent (Womens AFL is pretty damn good as well)

Golf as a spectator sport is boring, you are just being sucked into "commentators enthusiasm"

Darts - meh

ten pin bowling - zzzzz

Any sport that lacks a variable, eg a physical opponent, an unusual bounce etc is just trhe same thing over and over, lets face it, if you throw little arrows at a target for 4 hours a day, you should be able to throw them pretty accurately.

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

AFL is unquestionably the best sport to watch, even with its watering down and increased defensive play it offers free flowing skills, hard as nails tackles and moments of amazing talent (Womens AFL is pretty damn good as well)

Golf as a spectator sport is boring, you are just being sucked into "commentators enthusiasm"

Darts - meh

ten pin bowling - zzzzz

Any sport that lacks a variable, eg a physical opponent, an unusual bounce etc is just trhe same thing over and over, lets face it, if you throw little arrows at a target for 4 hours a day, you should be able to throw them pretty accurately.

But you just put 10 pin in your dislike list. :huh:

I take it you've not heard of oil patterns, release styles, cores, grains, surface materials etc.  There's tons of variation in 10 pin if you know what you're talking about, completely different kettle to darts.