Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

On 31/03/2019 at 10:35, Finnegan said:

When You're Smiling will never be a popular and successful song at the King Power because its fundamentally shit, sounds bad even when it's done well and people just don't want to sing it. The only ones that do, do so because they're desperate for us to have something vaguely traditional in our song book out of envy for clubs that do. 

The lyrics to When You’re Smiling really irritate me. It’s like when a severely depressed person gets told “Just cheer up”. If someone’s crying they usually have a very good reason to be, and anyone telling them “why don’t you just be happy instead” deserves a punch in the face.

Edited by brucey

56 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Rugby League is far better than union to watch( I played union)

super fit and it’s one of the only ball sports that is almost constantly in play and moving.

cracking sport.

Couldn’t agree more with that.The rules are so much easier aswell.On the odd occasion I’ve watched the Tigers,I’ve got to admit I haven’t a clue what’s going on half the time.The atmosphere at RL grounds is very similar to football too.

• Like 1

I feel weird for thinking it but I’m very ambivalent about Ranieri. Maybe because so many of our recent heroes have been so enduring and played (or managed) in something less fleeting than the one and a half seasons that he did. I just don’t adore him like I feel I should 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I feel weird for thinking it but I’m very ambivalent about Ranieri. Maybe because so many of our recent heroes have been so enduring and played (or managed) in something less fleeting than the one and a half seasons that he did. I just don’t adore him like I feel I should 

I think I've said something similar on this thread before. I have no great feeling towards him which is strange considering he was in charge of our greatest hour. In fact I never really warmed to him at all, he annoyed me a lot of the time.

Edited by pds
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, pds said:

I think I've said something similar on this thread before. I have no great feeling towards him which is strange considering he was in charge of our greatest hour. In fact I never really warmed to him at all, he annoyed me a lot of the time.

To be fair to Ranieri it's partially external and not his fault why I don't love him to bits but the narrative was that the players had stabbed him in the back.  it was fairly clear to see he'd lost the plot like he always does at clubs.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Rugby League is far better than union to watch( I played union)

super fit and it’s one of the only ball sports that is almost constantly in play and moving.

cracking sport.

Yeah it's much more free flowing and you don't have half the time on the clock spent in scrums.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LiberalFox said:

Yeah it's much more free flowing and you don't have half the time on the clock spent in scrums.

No, you just have about sixty minutes of the game stuck in midfield both teams booting it back to each other after failing to gain off their set. 

I've come around to liking both sports in my lifetime and I'd concede that a bad game of union is about the worst team sport you can watch, it's awful. 

But otherwise I'd say good union > good league > average union > average league > bad league > bad union. 

I don't really understand anyone that can watch matches like England Scotland or the European quarters this weekend (Leinster Ulster and Racing Toulouse were both amazing) and not love union. 

The break down, turn overs and the potential for chaos they bring are just completely lost on league. 

There was a time you got more broken field in league than union but the opposite is true now. 

Honestly, if you think you prefer league to union I'd strongly recommend you record a few NZ Conference Super Rugby games off sky early morning because I guarantee you'd barely recognise the sport if you're used to watching the English Prem or six nations. 

• Like 2

I find most sports bar football dull, to be honest. And there's an irony in that because football has the potential to be the dullest of the lot. The crap games are really unwatchable.

I've never really taken an interest in any other sport bar F1 (when it was good) and the odd bit of boxing.

Edited by RoboFox

38 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The problem i have with rugby is that the end product is incredibly dull, unspectacular and frankly achievable by anybody. It's just some high BMI, welly-boot drinking gargoyle falling on top of an egg. 

lol

Try harder, not biting. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

No, you just have about sixty minutes of the game stuck in midfield both teams booting it back to each other after failing to gain off their set. 

I've come around to liking both sports in my lifetime and I'd concede that a bad game of union is about the worst team sport you can watch, it's awful. 

But otherwise I'd say good union > good league > average union > average league > bad league > bad union. 

I don't really understand anyone that can watch matches like England Scotland or the European quarters this weekend (Leinster Ulster and Racing Toulouse were both amazing) and not love union. 

The break down, turn overs and the potential for chaos they bring are just completely lost on league. 

There was a time you got more broken field in league than union but the opposite is true now. 

Honestly, if you think you prefer league to union I'd strongly recommend you record a few NZ Conference Super Rugby games off sky early morning because I guarantee you'd barely recognise the sport if you're used to watching the English Prem or six nations. 

Is it ok to think both Union and League are shit?lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I find most sports bar football dull, to be honest. And there's an irony in that because football has the potential to be the dullest of the lot. The crap games are really unwatchable.

I've never really taken an interest in any other sport bar F1 (when it was good) and the odd bit of boxing.

My 2 least favourite "sports"

I do feel like this is the right thread for a comment like that!

• Like 1

Football is the only sport I can watch on TV, occasionally T20 and snooker. Live I'll watch most things but sat in the sun, beer in hand on a warm day at Grace road is  brilliant 

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

I can understand that. I don't get the people trying to deny him of any part in the title win, though.

Just a shame his second season was such a let-down.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

I'm exactly the same and no-one who isn't a Leicester fan seems to really get it.