Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Mrs Browns Boys is about as funny as removing ones own testicles with a pair of pliers. Blindfolded.

I thought that was a popular opinion?

It seems quite funny to me, the few times I've seen it - not least as I have an Irish auntie who's exactly like Mrs. Brown.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I hate collective grief. I don't want to clap on the tenth minute minute for a kid that's sadly ill or an old boy who died that I never met. I don't want to post meaningless RIPs on the Internet or share Facebook posts when an actor I'm not fussed about died. 

I don't want a minute's silence every time a murder is called an act of terror. 

I just generally can't stand anyone pretending to give more of a shit about a loss than they really do just to look caring. Either because they want to or they feel obliged. 

I'm sort of with you here. If I read about someone who died (and my missus works with sick children) then I feel really bad. Have shed many a tear in private in pure grief for someone I don't know. And if I met that person's family I would wrap my arms around them and give them all the compassion in the world. But... to do it publicly or on social media or in a stadium applause or minute's silence does somewhat diminish it for me.

Blade Runner is crap.

Horse racing is not a sport, it is only done for gambling purposes.

Anyone who needs to drink alcohol at a footy match is worse than the flask loving, happy clapper brigade.

Gin is disgusting, vile stuff ( and so is whisk(e)y).

Art should not be a subject taught in school, it is a hobby.

A stag/hen do longer than a day (+ the night) is an horrific waste of money.

Edited by Phube
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

I thought that was a popular opinion?

It seems quite funny to me, the few times I've seen it - not least as I have an Irish auntie who's exactly like Mrs. Brown.

Everyone I speak to loves it. I watched it with an open mind and I tried to like it. Tried to find it funny. But when all said and done, it's an Irish bloke in drag who swears with canned laughter. 

I'm sure your aunt is a million times more entertaining!

1 minute ago, Phube said:

Blade Runner is crap.

Horse racing is not a sport, it is only done for gambling purposes.

Anyone who needs to drink at a footy match is worse than the flask loving, happy clapper brigade.

Gin is disgusting, vile stuff ( and so is whisk(e)y).

Art should not be a subject taught in school, it is a hobby.

A stag/hen do longer than a day (+ the night) is an horrific waste of money.

Are you me?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We should bring back the death penalty and save £millions 

Couldn't agree more with this.

Over-crowded prisons, you see rape and murder reports across the UK and the offenders doing this only locked up for 5-10 years on average, every day - it's a very sad, and obviously worrying, trend.

And also you hear reports of prisoners bullying staff etc and having TV's in their cells and smuggle drugs in - prison doesn't seem like a very tough punishment at all...

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We should bring back the death penalty and save £millions 

I'm pretty liberal in my views and not a Daily Mail "hang everyone" type of guy. But there are certain people who there is literally no point in being alive. Ian Huntley for example. After (probably) raping and murdering two 10 year old girls and then helping their parents search for their bodies and expressing no remorse, what is the point in him being alive? 

There are plenty of others of course, he was just an example that sprang to mind.

• Like 4

The Sopranos is overrated.

American Football is terrible to watch.

Same goes for Rugby Union.

Apple products are over priced and over hyped.

Rudebox by Robbie Williams is actually a decent album.

OK Computer and Kid A whilst half decent are not the great full albums that people believe them to be. Amnesiac is a far more fulfilling listen.

Given its size and attendances England has the best Football culture in the world.

Edited by Blue ROI

3 hours ago, a_k_b said:

People who go to uni are less intelligent than those who do not.

people who have "nicer" cars are the worst drivers

american culture is taking over and ruining the UK's

Don't care if it's unpopular, it's certainly true, been saying that for years.

Everything now seems to be 'awesome' with the 20 year olds I know and that's just for starters.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

I believe it actually works out cheaper to imprison for life than sentencing to death

Correct as far as the us goes: https://www.urban.org/research/publication/cost-death-penalty-maryland/view/full_report although it depends on how it would be implemented (most of the extra cost reading that seems to be the trials and appeals).

LOST was a great TV show from start to finish and is unfairly ridiculed.

Anyone who makes or watches any "Reality TV" should be culled for the betterment of the species.

Multiculturalism is deeply flawed and there's nothing wrong with admitting that some cultures are superior to others.

It is one's fundamental duty to be as disrespectful as possible to religious beliefs.

"Social Justice Warriors" tend to be uncultured, utterly stupid and a bigger cancer to society than the things they're complaining about.

Careers and 9-5 working are a 20th century invention that don't work for everyone and as such people should be helped to break that mold.

Travel enriches the soul and everyone should explore as many countries as possible (linked with the above point).

I really miss Thracian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

The Royal Family do a valuable job for our country and generally seem to be a nice bunch. Even Charles is a thoughtful, intelligent bloke and his old man has a good sense of humour. If we wanted to get rid of the Royal Family (which we probably shouldn't), we'd need to reform most of our democratic institutions. (Well, that's an unpopular view on the Left)

I agree with this. As someone who's been a volunteer DofE leader for 15 years and have met Prince Philip, I can tell you he's awesome.