Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Equality is sham, people aren't all equal and never will be

Wilfried Ndidi is awful

Having witnessed Lewis, Hammond, De Vries and co. I will never label any of the current generation as 'awful'. They're better than 80-90 % of the players we've had over the past 15 years.

And your first point, do you think people in general believe they're equal? I understand equality to be the idealism of having the same rights and being treated with the same base respect.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't like feminism. Women should not always expect to be treated the same as men. 

I'm curious, what do you mean they shouldn't 'expect to be treated the same as men'? Care to give an example?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shen said:

Having witnessed Lewis, Hammond, De Vries and co. I will never label any of the current generation as 'awful'. They're better than 80-90 % of the players we've had over the past 15 years.

And your first point, do you think people in general believe they're equal? I understand equality to be the idealism of having the same rights and being treated with the same base respect.

I'm curious, what do you mean they shouldn't 'expect to be treated the same as men'? Care to give an example?

Women obviously have different strengths and weaknesses to men, and as such should be treated differently. A very loose example is that women now receive the same prize money in tennis, but only play 3 sets to the men's 5. If I only went to work for 3 fifths of the time as my male colleagues I wouldn't expect to be paid the same. 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Women obviously have different strengths and weaknesses to men, and as such should be treated differently. A very loose example is that women now receive the same prize money in tennis, but only play 3 sets to the men's 5. If I only went to work for 3 fifths of the time as my male colleagues I wouldn't expect to be paid the same. 

Not really a great example. Professional sport is of questionably ethical value already. Either way, you'd expect money to be split according their respective market values, i.e. if more people watch women's tennis and thus bring in more TV money, then wouldn't it be fair if they earned more than men and vice versa?

3 minutes ago, shen said:

Not really a great example. Professional sport is of questionably ethical value already. Either way, you'd expect money to be split according their respective market values, i.e. if more people watch women's tennis and thus bring in more TV money, then wouldn't it be fair if they earned more than men and vice versa?

I did say it was a loose example :) This thread isn't really the place for a debate, and after all it was supposed to be an unpopular opinion ;) But the answer to your question is no. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

A village betting shop can do as much for a community as the village pub

White Wine is far superior to Red

Equality is sham, people aren't all equal and never will be

Cannabis smokers all have appalling personal hygiene

Wilfried Ndidi is awful

Rap/Grime shouldn't be classed as music

Mobile phones are enslaving humans

Have you identified your ideal job - Manager of a village betting shop?

"Matt's Beautiful Betting Shop" - free glass of wine (white, not red) for every punter.

Just a few house rules:

- No piped rap/grime music

- No admittance for stinky potheads

- No bets on Ndidi

- Separate entrances for different races, genders and sexualities (:whistle:)

- Leave your mobiles at the door

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I did say it was a loose example :) This thread isn't really the place for a debate, and after all it was supposed to be an unpopular opinion ;) But the answer to your question is no. 

So a thread, which has the sole purpose to instigate debate, is not the place for debate? What's the point of posting opinions, biases and prejudices if these cannot be challenged?

I'm just trying to understand what it is you're saying and seeking clarification.

Interesting that you think, in the hypothetical case of women contributing more money to tennis, that they should not be remunerated accordingly.

What a great thread, here I go

Star Wars is dreadful

Red Dead Redemption was a terrible game on PS2

These 'my child is missing' posts on Facebook, piss off, utter drivel fishing for attention

Mrs Browns Boys and Big Bang Theory are not in the slightest bit funny

Game of Thrones is dull

Im going to spend all day now thinking of other things people don't agree with me on lol 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SMX11 said:

The minimum wage hurts the poorest and the least skilled the most and should be abolished.

The effects of climate change are grossly exaggerated for political purposes.

Having studied Geography at uni, I can only say that the studies show very clear patterns human involvement in climate change and how hard they are to reverse within a few generations. I'm completely OK if they are being 'exaggerated' in order to get political attention. The changes are real and human society is doing little to prepare or act on behalf of future generations.

• Like 3

Leicester will finish top 8 this season.

The lower middle class should not be used by everyone else to support their lifestyles.

A universal wage is the only way to go for "advanced" western countries but it must involve migration decisions which could be seen as racist.