Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

3 hours ago, shen said:

So a thread, which has the sole purpose to instigate debate, is not the place for debate? What's the point of posting opinions, biases and prejudices if these cannot be challenged?

I'm just trying to understand what it is you're saying and seeking clarification.

Interesting that you think, in the hypothetical case of women contributing more money to tennis, that they should not be remunerated accordingly.

I meant I don't think this thread is the right place to debate gender equality, I imagine this was meant to be taken fairly light heartedly. 

I don't have any deep feelings about it, but I just know that as a woman I don't feel equal to men in every aspect of life  but nor do I expect to. However I don't view it as a negative thing. People should be judged on their own individual merits and capabilities, not because of their gender. 

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Most of the Leicester fans that sit near me at games are mouth-breathing inbreds who have no clue what they are talking about.

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

This.

Imagine how @SouthStandUpperTier and @stripeyfox are going to feel when they realise they sit next to one another..... :D

Hang on! I've just realised that South Stand Upper is the upper half of the Kop, where I sit. 

I'm not a mouth-breathing inbred..... :blink:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I meant I don't think this thread is the right place to debate gender equality, I imagine this was meant to be taken fairly light heartedly. 

I don't have any deep feelings about it, but I just know that as a woman I don't feel equal to men in every aspect of life  but nor do I expect to. However I don't view it as a negative thing. People should be judged on their own individual merits and capabilities, not because of their gender. 

It probably was, but then views will be expressed which, by definition of the thread title, will ruffle feathers.

Your last sentence is exactly what I feel gender equality is/should be about. So I probably am not understanding your point when you think women should not expect to be equal to men.

Imagine how [mention=27201]SouthStandUpperTier[/mention] and [mention=3901]stripeyfox[/mention] are going to feel when they realise they sit next to one another..... [emoji3]

Hang on! I've just realised that South Stand Upper is the upper half of the Kop, where I sit. 
I'm not a mouth-breathing inbred..... :blink:

Mouth breathing inbreds don't know they are mouth breathing inbreds. So I could very well be one. But I do have just enough sense to keep my idiotic opinions confined to Foxestalk.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I personally think punctuation is the best way to judge intelligence. 

How? Intelligent, does that: mak'e me!®..?

59 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I hate when people say that, people who are far left or far right are idiots generally. Leaning one way or the other slightly is the intelligent thing to do.

Its also worth noting that when stats suggest this - I.e people with a degree voted to remain or for labour etc.  This stat suggests a third class graduate of fine art is more intelligent than someone who did an apprenticeship in engineering and worked their way up to the top. Unless you're graduating with 1st class honours from a reputable uni in degrees like law, medicine or astrophysics your degree does nothing to demonstrate intelligence to me. 

I think you're looking too far in to what I said. I believe that the left are generally more intelligent than the right; there are two sides and one of them, in all likelihood and probability, is going to be more intelligent than the counterpart. I'm not saying that by being left leaning you are a default genius and that by voting right you are automatically a moron, far from it. There are some very bright people on the right and some real knuckle-draggers on the left; however I maintain that as a whole the left are the more intelligent of the two. As an example @MattP seems like a very intelligent bloke and whilst I do not agree with the vast majority of what he says I recognise that it comes from a well thought out place. 

Also, I have an upper second class law degree from a reputable University so I just missed your cut off :ph34r:

There seems to be a stigma on both sides of the University argument towards the opposition. Many folk whom did not go to University assume that students/graduates are snobs who believe that their opinion is superior, whereas many whom did go to University, particularly top 10 Universities, believe that non Uni attenders are thick.  

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd have agreed to that when I typed all my posts on a keyboard. 

Now I do most of my posting from my phone, I frequently look back at my posts and think Leicesterpool could have written them. Auto correct and typos all over the place, nightmare. The lower my battery gets the worse it is. 

Even my post about collective grief has a double word in it that shouldn't be there. lol

'twas a tongue in cheek response to Benguin's post about judging intelligence that had a few punctuation errors in it. Tbh on a football forum I couldn't give a shit how people type.  My posts are not perfect obviously. Different in 'real life' though. 

26 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Most fans are mouth-breathing inbreds who have no clue what they are talking about.

Tottenham Hotspur have been the best team in England (until it matters when they've turned into bottlers) over the past 2 years led by a mouth-breathing inbred

A couple of small adjustments for my own opinion.

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I hate collective grief. I don't want to clap on the tenth minute minute for a kid that's sadly ill or an old boy who died that I never met. I don't want to post meaningless RIPs on the Internet or share Facebook posts when an actor I'm not fussed about died. 

I don't want a minute's silence every time a murder is called an act of terror. 

I just generally can't stand anyone pretending to give more of a shit about a loss than they really do just to look caring. Either because they want to or they feel obliged. 

This shouldn't be unpopular at all in my eyes. Spot on.

Martin George was a great chairman for LCFC

A pint of shandy is tastier than a pint of lager

Germans are not efficient, if they were they wouldn't have lost the two major wars

Reading a book or a newspaper is the most underrated thing in the World along with a good sit down

People should be paid for not having children rather than having them

Guest Foxin_mad
24 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I think you're looking too far in to what I said. I believe that the left are generally more intelligent than the right; there are two sides and one of them, in all likelihood and probability, is going to be more intelligent than the counterpart. I'm not saying that by being left leaning you are a default genius and that by voting right you are automatically a moron, far from it. There are some very bright people on the right and some real knuckle-draggers on the left; however I maintain that as a whole the left are the more intelligent of the two. As an example @MattP seems like a very intelligent bloke and whilst I do not agree with the vast majority of what he says I recognise that it comes from a well thought out place. 

Also, I have an upper second class law degree from a reputable University so I just missed your cut off :ph34r:

There seems to be a stigma on both sides of the University argument towards the opposition. Many folk whom did not go to University assume that students/graduates are snobs who believe that their opinion is superior, whereas many whom did go to University, particularly top 10 Universities, believe that non Uni attenders are thick.  

You only have to look at the Labour shadow cabinet and the average member of momentum to see that there is absolutely no evidence to support this.

Somebody who leans slightly to the right is not less intelligent than someone who leans slightly to the left. What I will say is that those with extreme views either left or right are complete and utter idiots.

Attending university does not make a clever person, a clever person requires something some graduates do not  have - common sense.