Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Not great for us but the planet would be so much better off without humans. No other species causes the destruction we do. When I watched Kingsmen I couldn't really disagree with Samuel L Jackson's character when he was saying we're a cancer to the planet 

3f84da4a7b706fe8eb36c41ebb34da14--badass

Just now, Finnegan said:

Agent Smith doesn't know the first ****ing thing about ecosystems. 

What a terrible quote. 

Just to point out the "Humans are a cancer" thing in movies has been around for some time. Then the irony of Samuel Jackson often being confused for Laurence FIshburne and... yeah... Whatever :whistle:

8 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes we can, because one side is saying who they are, and the other is judging someone else based on their own prejudice.  Very different.

Just the way I see it mate. But I don't have a degree in sociology or phycology so who am I to tell people what's going on in other people's heads

I like to think just maybe they can't help the way they feel, I guess in a way that makes them a little less ball bagish

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, shen said:

Just to point out the "Humans are a cancer" thing in movies has been around for some time. Then the irony of Samuel Jackson often being confused for Laurence FIshburne and... yeah... Whatever :whistle:

I thought that was aimed at me and just had to double check that it was Samuel L Jackson in Kingsmen and not Laurence Fishburne lol

19 minutes ago, shen said:

This thread is not great. It's inflammatory and will eventually be locked for inciting derogatory remarks, bigoted comments and stoking controversy without appropriate monitoring. Which is a shame, as it's only by encountering views different from your own that you can truly reflect and educate yourself and others.

I wasn't aware people could encounter different views without hurling insults at each other :ph34r:.

Edited by Lovejoy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I hate when people say that, people who are far left or far right are idiots generally. Leaning one way or the other slightly is the intelligent thing to do.

Its also worth noting that when stats suggest this - I.e people with a degree voted to remain or for labour etc.  This stat suggests a third class graduate of fine art is more intelligent than someone who did an apprenticeship in engineering and worked their way up to the top. Unless you're graduating with 1st class honours from a reputable uni in degrees like law, medicine or astrophysics your degree does nothing to demonstrate intelligence to me. 

I personally think punctuation is the best way to judge intelligence. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, bovril said:

Kasabian are mostly rubbish. - no

This is England is Grange Hill-esque rubbish made watchable by Stephen Graham. - yes

There's better food in England than Italy. - 100% yes

Ade Akinbiyi was a good player with a decent goal scoring record. - yes

We played far better football in winning the Championship than we ever have since rejoining the premier League

Non mixed-race black players tend to be far too muscular and heavy-built, clumsy and one-footed to be truly top class in most positions of a football pitch (NB this is NOT racist before this gets thrown at me, just an observation of different body type).  

Anyone who dresses or acts a certain way to fit into a social group (gay people, hipsters, far-right) are insecure in their own skin and furthermore contributing to prejudice and stereotypes

Cyclists have too many rights on the road

Any Italian chain restaurants are overpriced and an utter waste of an evening

Queen (the band) are utter drivel and were their generation's Justin Bieber in going for radio-friendly mass appeal over quality

Swapping the kop with the family stand is a fvcking stupid idea which would create more potential problems for stewards and police amd thus unneccessary wasting local police resources.

Plus, it wont create a better stadium atmosphere. In fact, it might even make it worse (massive section of the stadium not singing,etc).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bovril said:

I personally think punctuation is the best way to judge intelligence. 

I'd have agreed to that when I typed all my posts on a keyboard. 

Now I do most of my posting from my phone, I frequently look back at my posts and think Leicesterpool could have written them. Auto correct and typos all over the place, nightmare. The lower my battery gets the worse it is. 

Even my post about collective grief has a double word in it that shouldn't be there. lol

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

iPhones are overpriced and overrated

and over here.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It would be great if humans died out.

May a make a suggestion towards your goal?

English food is better than French cuisine.

Getting drunk is anti-social and should be punished more severely.

People arrested and successfully prosecuted should have to pay directly towards the cost of policing the action.

If a kid doesn't want to go to school they shouldn't have to.

Everybody should have mandatory (and organised) birth control and need to get a licence in order to have children. The licence should only be given to those who have the means, the time, the attitude and the inclination to raise kids.

Similarly people should need a licence (again) to own pets and before being granted a licence they need to show that they have the money, mental capacity, time and inclination to care for and look after their pets.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Most of the Leicester fans that sit near me at games are mouth-breathing inbreds who have no clue what they are talking about.

Tottenham Hotspur have been the best team in England over the past 2 years.

Dark, edgy superhero movies for grown-ups are crap.

This.