Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

I don't associate the person's personal life with an artist's music at all. I can enjoy it completely separately from any emotional feelings about the people involved

If Hitler had made a great album I'd still listen to it! If one of his paintings turned out to be a masterpiece would it be any less so because of his actions?

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I don't associate the person's personal life with an artist's music at all. I can enjoy it completely separately from any emotional feelings about the people involved

If Hitler had made a great album I'd still listen to it! If one of his paintings turned out to be a masterpiece would it be any less so because of his actions?

If his paintings were masterpieces we'd not be talking about him tbf.

9 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Yeah, I'm sure Hitler would have made some sick tunes with his house band 'Hitler & The Gas Chambers'. 

**** sake lol. Allow listening to Hitler's music even though he killed 6 million Jews. What nonsense. 

You can still buy Mein Kampf.

10 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Mein Kampf is a historical book which gives an unparalleled look inside the mind of one of the world's most diabolical dictators. 

Not really the same as a shitty Gary Glitter Christmas song, really, is it. 

That's not what you said.

You scoffed at the idea of it being 'allowed' to listen to his (hypothetical) music.

38 minutes ago, Captain... said:

But that is for historical reasons not artistic.

I would presume that if he'd been an amateur artist that his pictures would be available as trying to understand the man is surely part of understanding history? If he'd made a bunch of songs I'm sure they'd be pored over for all time looking for signs of his beliefs or what was to come after. 

8 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I would presume that if he'd been an amateur artist that his pictures would be available as trying to understand the man is surely part of understanding history? If he'd made a bunch of songs I'm sure they'd be pored over for all time looking for signs of his beliefs or what was to come after. 

Which is different to enjoying them for their artistic merit.

17 minutes ago, toddybad said:

He was an artist. A very crap one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Any piece of art really should be appreciated separately from whomever the artist might be. It's irrelevant IMO.

Quite the opposite. Art and artist are inextricably linked. 

49 minutes ago, Buce said:

Kasper is just an average keeper, not fit to lace his father’s boots. 

I'd put him as a slightly above average premier league keeper, but he's a true leicester legend for me. He is closing in on 300 appearances for us which means if he stays and plays next season he should break into the top-20 of players with the most appearances for Leicester. Plus he has lovely Scandinavian blonde hair. 

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

I'd put him as a slightly above average premier league keeper, but he's a true leicester legend for me. He is closing in on 300 appearances for us which means if he stays and plays next season he should break into the top-20 of players with the most appearances for Leicester. Plus he has lovely Scandinavian blonde hair. 

Oh, he's certainly a legend, as are all of the title winning squad, but he isn't as good as he's made out to be on here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

Oh, he's certainly a legend, as are all of the title winning squad, but he isn't as good as he's made out to be on here.

I agree tbh. I think he's too hot headed, he can kick out some awful balls at times but then he can also hit a player with total accuracy. He's inconsistent with distribution. His shot stopped seems to be worse this season as well tbh. 

But, all that said, I still like him and think he's good for the team, good for the dressing room and a part of our 'vibe' if that makes sense. Can't fault his dedication and passion for the club. 

21 minutes ago, Buce said:

It wasn’t so long ago he was getting dog so abuse on here regularly. People were wanting to sell him for not a lot while we were in the Championship.

As a keeper myself, I have a reasonable insight and would say Kasper excelles in a couple of key areas, but is not top draw in every department. 

I will also say in here - that freekick is harder to save than it looks due to a combination of Mata’s run up, the flight, speed, relative position to Kasper / angle he has to go at it to save it. 

Doesn’t stop it from looking awful, but to save it he needed two quick shuffles to his left and a big hand up rather than a dive. But I know from my own experience Mata’s run up and the flight has your brain thinking dive, at which point you’re stuck.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Any piece of art really should be appreciated separately from whomever the artist might be. It's irrelevant IMO.

2 hours ago, toddybad said:

Quite the opposite. Art and artist are inextricably linked. 

I agree and disagree with both of you. It really depends on the art, a beautiful drawing of a landscape that captures a scene perfectly is devoid of the artists personality. Even if the artist is a massive cvnt you can still appreciate the talent in a technically excellent drawing/painting/piece of instrumental music/acting because it contains no context. Whereas lyrics, poetry, novels tend to contain the soul and personality of the artist and what the artist does in their life adds a level of context to the art that you can’t appreciate the art with out taking into account the artist.

Take the Mona Lisa, the most iconic picture in the world, now if Da Vinci was found out to have been a murderer it doesn’t change the quality/allure of that picture, but if it wasn’t called Mona Lisa and was called my next victim, it is still painted with the same quality but it changes the context.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Alcohol is shit and it turns people into dickheads most of the time. People drink and then use it as an excuse to behave like an idiot, treat people like shit and make complete and utter cvnts of themselves. 

Don't mind a beer or two but really struggle to see the point in getting smashed as I get older. 

Going out and seeing the state people get themselves into makes me cringe so hard. Embarrassing levels of self control. 

Bet they're having a good time though to be fair. 

I don't drink often these days but a good blowout every now and again can do you some good.