Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

20 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You keep posting popular opinions? 

Well, a good number people I know think it's normal to go out somewhere to enjoy it, (they have fancy dress etc organised for it already) and not just stay inside at home for example; and I've been questioned about why I'm not particularly bothered about it.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 12/23/2017 at 13:47, Buce said:

You can still buy Mein Kampf.

On 12/23/2017 at 13:50, lifted*fox said:

Mein Kampf is a historical book which gives an unparalleled look inside the mind of one of the world's most diabolical dictators. 

Not really the same as a shitty Gary Glitter Christmas song, really, is it. 

On 12/23/2017 at 14:03, Buce said:

That's not what you said.

You scoffed at the idea of it being 'allowed' to listen to his (hypothetical) music.

Difference between hitler and glitter for me is that there is very little chance of Hitlers life improving by me going out to buy Mein Kempf -  through Royalties, i certainly wouldn't be funding any trips to Thailand for him to sleep his 12 year old girls, put it that way

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

You keep posting popular opinions? 

I can't rep you as it's a popular opinion that people keep posting popular opinions on an unpopular opinion thread. Which I hate....er I mean love. This used to be a great thread and by that I mean an awful thread which I hated. I mean loved.

Anyway I hope you don't like my post and this thread is sh*t. Keep on track you PC mongrels!

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Difference between hitler and glitter for me is that there is very little chance of Hitlers life improving by me going out to buy Mein Kempf -  through Royalties, i certainly wouldn't be funding any trips to Thailand for him to sleep his 12 year old girls, put it that way

Someones never been to Argentina... :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've always said it belongs on CBeebies. It's a kids show with a budget.

It is for families though tbf. It isn't aimed at an exclusively 18+ audience.

21 hours ago, Webbo said:

Doctor Who is just a kids programme that takes it's self too seriously. Nobody over the age of 17 should be watching it.

14 hours ago, The Bear said:

I've always said it belongs on CBeebies. It's a kids show with a budget.

14 hours ago, toddybad said:

It is for families though tbf. It isn't aimed at an exclusively 18+ audience.

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah, Christmas episode was naff, but it's no kids show. Sarah Jane Adventures was the kids show spinoff, it's a family sci-fi show.  

It’s a show that’s been going since 1963; it’s retained many hardcore fans in that time that have continued watching for decades because they love the show. 

I don't know why some people have an issue with that. I went to see the 50th at the Pheonix and there were probably only 4 people under 20 in a packed cinema. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s a show that’s been going since 1963; it’s retained many hardcore fans in that time that have continued watching for decades because they love the show. 

I don't know why some people have an issue with that. I went to see the 50th at the Pheonix and there were probably only 4 people under 20 in a packed cinema. 

Exactly. I have no problem with adults enjoying kids programs and films. We all have our own idea of escapism, some things we may see as guilty pleasures but each to their own.

I do find people who are obsessed a bit odd. Like grown women who are obsessed with Disney, but then anyone obsessed with anything are a bit weird, like Star trek fans etc.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 15:22, Webbo said:

Doctor Who is just a kids programme that takes it's self too seriously. Nobody over the age of 17 should be watching it.

Well don't worry as timelords only have 13 lives so I will be refusing to watch any other episode past Capaldi !!!!

My box sets in VHS, DVD and Blue Ray finish here!

FINISHED I SAY!!!!

Anybody got a Deep Space Nine collection I could buy?

2 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Well don't worry as timelords only have 13 lives so I will be refusing to watch any other episode past Capaldi !!!!

My box sets in VHS, DVD and Blue Ray finish here!

FINISHED I SAY!!!!

Anybody got a Deep Space Nine collection I could buy?

You can download the entire series from Pirate Bay.

Or so a friend tells me... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Buce said:

You can download the entire series from Pirate Bay.

Or so a friend tells me... :ph34r:

I can't believe you would associate with such base creatures, I would never be able to confirm that all series of DS9 are definitely available to torrent and would certainly not recommend including the key word "meech" in your search because I know of no reliable files with that tag.

Of course if you have Netflix all the Star Trek series are on there, I can confirm that I'm bingeing TNG right now on it ;) 

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I can't believe you would associate with such base creatures, I would never be able to confirm that all series of DS9 are definitely available to torrent and would certainly not recommend including the key word "meech" in your search because I know of no reliable files with that tag.

Of course if you have Netflix all the Star Trek series are on there, I can confirm that I'm bingeing TNG right now on it ;) 

They are showing TNG on freeview currently. 

On the Horror channel. :blink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I always find Friends like Mrs Brown's Boys: the internet opinion is that it's utter shit, yet the TV ratings seem to suggest otherwise? Maybe both are quietly quite popular, but the silent majority won't admit it over to cacophony of opposition it faces on the internet...

When someone tells me they watch Mrs Brown's Boys I immediately vow to have absolutely zero further contact with them, ever. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Frasier is absolutely superior comedy when compared with Friends. 

Frasier is still absolute gold classic TV.

Friends has aged VERY badly.

Frasier 4eva bb

I completely agree absolutely love Frasier - especially niles desperate love for daphne. This may sound stupid but Frasier doesnt come across as your typical American sitcom which is a good thing imo.