Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I wish they'd keep religion out of Christmas. 

Surely we wouldn't have Christmas without Religion considering we're supposed to be celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, regardless of when his birthdate actually is (or supposed to be).

Unless you're being sarcastic, of course?

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Surely we wouldn't have Christmas without Religion considering we're supposed to be celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, regardless of when his birthdate actually is (or supposed to be).

Unless you're being sarcastic, of course?

Surely religion has nearly disappeared from Christmas in most western countries. It more resembles a pagan winter festival now which obviously existed before Christmas anyway. And then of course there's the commercial aspect.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Surely religion has nearly disappeared from Christmas in most western countries. It more resembles a pagan winter festival now which obviously existed before Christmas anyway. And then of course there's the commercial aspect.

Depends which Western country you're in...but yeah, the commercial element is everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He gets royalties when his songs are played. Let the cvnt starve.

In fairness I didnt think about that. There might be legalities around it but perhaps they could be donated to good causes instead. Or towards paying for someone to beat the shit out of him, I'm good with either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

In fairness I didnt think about that. There might be legalities around it but perhaps they could be donated to good causes instead. Or towards paying for someone to beat the shit out of him, I'm good with either.

What public or private radio station would want to be associated with this given the instant negative publicity that would follow?

It's ok to hold as opinion... but it ain't gonna happen.  

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I wouldn't like to say yes or no. They'll be western Countries that are religious and more religious than the UK.

20 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Some Gary Glitter songs are actually pretty good and shouldnt be banned from the radio just because of his awful actions.

The music and the person should be treated as two different things.

I wasn't allowed to do Rock n Roll Christmas on the karaoke last week, one of my favourite songs and you never hear it anymore.

I think society should separate the artist the from the art.

If we found out Shakespeare was a paedophile tomorrow would we really throw all his work from public view. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

I wasn't allowed to do Rock n Roll Christmas on the karaoke last week, one of my favourite songs and you never hear it anymore.

If we found out Shakespeare was a paedophile tomorrow would we really throw all his work from public view

I wouldn't be surprised at all - look at the revisionist history being attached to anyone even remotely linked with slavery.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

If we found out Shakespeare was a paedophile tomorrow would we really throw all his work from public view. 

Well given some characters in his plays would be under the age of 16 and they were involved in love affairs...

16 minutes ago, MattP said:

In fairness, i dont see him benefiting from any royalties...

32 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

What public or private radio station would want to be associated with this given the instant negative publicity that would follow?

It's ok to hold as opinion... but it ain't gonna happen.  

There are thousands of bad 'uns in the music industry.

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I wouldn't like to say yes or no. They'll be western Countries that are religious and more religious than the UK.

How many people go to church in England once a week? let alone once a day. Of them how many went to church when they were not near to death?

England, France, Germany are not truly Christian countries anymore.

Generally, poor people in poorer countries "believe" in God. There's a direct link between poverty and religious belief.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

How many people go to church in England once a week? let alone once a day. Of them how many went to church when they were not near to death?

England, France, Germany are not truly Christian countries anymore.

Generally, poor people in poorer countries "believe" in God. There's a direct link between poverty and religious belief.

True enough, but then you have the evangelists.

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all - look at the revisionist history being attached to anyone even remotely linked with slavery.

Of course many of the African nations from where these slaves came from practiced slavery themselves when they were "strong" countries. It is bizarre to judge the past using present "whims" and "beliefs". I'm pretty sure that we will be seen as criminal in the future for having farmed animals to eat, possibly for farming and eating vegetables (which will be accepted as living beings at some date), probably for many other things too.

39 minutes ago, MattP said:

Bit difficult considering we use his words and phrases in every day life.