Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

17 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Agreed on the abuse of power, the 'men are trash' brigade on the other hand are completely unreasonable and harmless flirting is something that they take great offence to.

Can't say I've ever seen those people. Most I've ever seen is an objection to continued attempts at flirting after they've said they're not interested - fair enough imo, if they've said they're not interested then you should find someone else to try it on. Carrying it on just makes you an arse.

52 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I don’t think I got my point across clearly, I was waffling s bit and not very concise. I think in the future there’ll be almost a fear of flirting for it could be misconstrued as sexual harassment. 

That’d be a shame…. It’s been the way of world since flirting involved hitting a cave lady over the head and dragging her off to the nearest vacant cave!

im more optimistic, it may evolve - for example, flirting can now invlove swiping right or left

Edited by Wolfox

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

I don’t think I got my poinclearly,bit and not very concise. I think in the future there’ll be almost a fear of flirting for it could be misconstrued as sexual harassment. 

Men dont have to flirt..Women's eyes win hands down. Men will to the annoyance of Women get lazier, so now like all the females actually believe, they will have to do all the work.

So lads just sit back and enjoy the attention. 

A few new chat up lines, should help the shy and coy Lad.  

I dont like sexual harrasment, so can I inform you politely, you have a great body/pair of...../nice ass...

Or ...I dont believe in sexual harrasment, so can you ask me

to take you home/to look in your eyes.

Even better...can you buy me a drink, or can you take me to dinner.

Do you arrive here often..

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

What happened to the good old days where you could go around grabbing women by the pussy and go on to have a successful career in politics?

Can you name one politician who has had a successful career in politics?

On 11/11/2017 at 22:06, Wookie said:

I'm aware this could be considered slightly sensationalist but I think it's definitely a possibility that with each coming generation in Anglo-sphere nations (which as far as I'm aware is where this movement primarily occurs) will see a significant decrease in birthrates. Birthrates on the whole have dropped despite small increases over recent years but I think there will be generations of lads (not all obviously) who are concerned about approaching women for fear of sexual assault. In no way, shape or form am I condoning genuine sexual assault but a lot of these instances are wholly subjective but can still destroy careers or worse still lead to being sentenced.

Dropping Birthrate has been happening for years in developed nations, largely due to the decrease in infant mortality and increase in cost, pressure and stress of raising a child and how attractive a life with out kids is to a growing number of people. It is also a good thing with regard to environmental impact.

Making contact with possible partners is easier than ever with tinder and match and all forms social media, there could be a swing away from approaching people in real life to meeting people on line, at least then you don't have the embarrassment of trying to ask someone out in a pub/bar/club and failing miserably and publicly. That won't be because of a fear of being falsely accused of sexual assault. I think social awkardness will be a bigger factor than fear of false accusations.

Don't get me wrong, that is a real risk and has been for years (La Manga) but it is easy enough to avoid. Basically don't get drunk and act like a nob, if in any doubt that you are taking advantage of someone, then stop, if a girls says no, then walk away. Which requires people not getting so drunk they don't know if they are taking advantage of someone, or harassing them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

What happened to the good old days where you could go around grabbing women by the pussy and go on to have a successful career in politics?

lol depends if you think that winning the election makes trump a success... reckon it's probably outweighed by how he keeps sabotaging everything he attempts because he can't keep his mouth shut. 

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

lol depends if you think that winning the election makes trump a success... reckon it's probably outweighed by how he keeps sabotaging everything he attempts because he can't keep his mouth shut. 

Yeah it isn’t quite as funny that way though.

Most football fans are metophorical disgusting whores who would sacrifice their beliefs and generally what's right if they think it will benefit their club in the short term.

I've felt this for a while, but our good friends over in Nottingham, with their fans now binding together to defend their owner, who has been under legal scrutiny in Greece because of match fixing and has been told he has to remove himself as chairman within a certain timeframe because of this. In come the Forest fans to defend him to the hilt, when anyone with half a brain cell knows he shouldn't be anywhere near another football club.

Of course most LCFC fans would band together to defend the owners should they ever come under heavy scrutiny, such as the tax wrangling in Thailand. 

This also goes for the basics, too. From Man Utd fans now praying to the alter of Mourinho after slagging him off for 13 years, to any player who does anything wrong at a football club being defended by their fans, generally for most reasons aside from some of the most heinous crimes no-one would ever be seen defending.

It's hypocritical and it makes you seem like an absolute idiot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Most football fans are metophorical disgusting whores who would sacrifice their beliefs and generally what's right if they think it will benefit their club in the short term.

I've felt this for a while, but our good friends over in Nottingham, with their fans now binding together to defend their owner, who has been under legal scrutiny in Greece because of match fixing and has been told he has to remove himself as chairman within a certain timeframe because of this. In come the Forest fans to defend him to the hilt, when anyone with half a brain cell knows he shouldn't be anywhere near another football club.

Of course most LCFC fans would band together to defend the owners should they ever come under heavy scrutiny, such as the tax wrangling in Thailand. 

This also goes for the basics, too. From Man Utd fans now praying to the alter of Mourinho after slagging him off for 13 years, to any player who does anything wrong at a football club being defended by their fans, generally for most reasons aside from some of the most heinous crimes no-one would ever be seen defending.

It's hypocritical and it makes you seem like an absolute idiot.

Yup.

You might extend this to pretty much any situation where tribalism is a factor, to be fair - it and hypocrisy go hand in hand.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Police should have the authority to shoot Gypsie’s/travellers on site 

24 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Lots of different travelling communities out there - don't tar them all with the same brush.

Collateral damage ...   :)

• Like 1